IGNORED

Beginning of the end of the Venture?

FreezyRider

Snarley Bill and I have been "discussing" which direction Yamaha will go with their future touring bike....he says it will be an updated Venture with the new Vmax 1800 engine. I've been saying that I believe it will be based on the Stratoliner.

Take a look at the 2010 Stratoliner Deluxe. They are halfway there....fairing, sound system, hard bags, etc. All it lacks for me is 1.) Cruise Control and 2.) the Trunk.

Hey Bill.....I can almost taste that Culpepper's Fish!!!

Joe

Snarley Bill and I have been "discussing" which direction Yamaha will go with their future touring bike....he says it will be an updated Venture with the new Vmax 1800 engine. I've been saying that I believe it will be based on the Stratoliner.

Take a look at the 2010 Stratoliner Deluxe. They are halfway there....fairing, sound system, hard bags, etc. All it lacks for me is 1.) Cruise Control and 2.) the Trunk.

Hey Bill.....I can almost taste that Culpepper's Fish!!!

Joe

sure are pretty. when you going to put it in the garage. :clap2::clap2: :2133: ps. i'm still betting on my free meal at culpeppers.

YUCK. They're gonna lose a lot of people if that's the way they're going.

Still can't believe they would invest so much in the V-Max engine without a second way to capitalize on it. I don't think the V-Max has a super huge market so they're going to have to recoup their investment somehow.

I would bet the new V-max engine will be in a redesigned Venture in 2011. Like you I don't think they spent all that money on developing a new engine for just one model. The new Deluxe StratoLiner will fill the void between a bagger and a full touring bike.

This does make a lot of sense. As long as nothing dramatic happens to Yamaha between now and then...

I actually hope that Sir Snarley wins this bet and I have to pay off. I'd love to see the Venture live on, but my hopes for that dwindle with each passing year.

Saw a new Kawasaki Voyager on the road this weekend, first one I'd seen around here. Looks nice....may have to ride one just to compare. Don't really know why, I sure can't afford one.

Saw a new Kawasaki Voyager on the road this weekend, first one I'd seen around here. Looks nice....may have to ride one just to compare. Don't really know why, I sure can't afford one.

I hope they drop an 1800 vmax engine in a Venture.

However, I looked at the new voyager up close and in person. Didn't ride it, but everythign seemed "cheap and tacky" to me. Spaghetti noodles for front forks with tin shoruds to make them look bigger (not that the venture doesn't do that too) The fairing didn't seem mounted well.

I dunno, v4 is still for me.

If yamaha didn't address the whine with the '10 then its obvious to me they could care less. And with the awe inspiring paint scheme (joke) doesn't run a new buyer off then a test ride most likely will. Which is a shame...atleast HD had the insight to fix some of there design flaws.

Why should they change this Venture. Its still the best deal in town, just the way it is. A few complain, not many, about the whine, chirp or the cassette player, but most are actually very happy with the ride. When I wear this one out, I wouldn't mind buying another just like it. As for the color, black is just fine, no other colors are needed. Black shows off the chrome just fine. ;-)

Why should they change this Venture.

Because when they do, all the dealers will quit carrying parts for them and they'll dry up. So then the 2nd genners will be scrounging old wrecks for parts like the 1st genners and complaining about how you can't get parts for them.

DUH!!

Also, with a 4.5 gallon tank, the Strat does not have much range and air cooled, no thanks. I guess GW in the near future.

If the Strat gets about the same mileage as my Roadstar did, then the Strat would have more range for me. My Venture only does about 32mpg, my Roadstar did 43mpg.