IGNORED

Lift adapter prices

Carbon_One

Well folks as much as I hate to do it I'm going to have to raise prices on the lift adapters. Between being squeased 3 ways on costs I really don't have much choice. Cost of steel, shipping, and shipping materials have been going up crazy this last 6 months or more. This being said, new prices will go into effect Aug 17, 09. Any orders prior to this date will be $10 less or at the current costs as they have been.

Freestanding adapters will be $145 and Standard lift adapters will be $95. As before these prices include shipping anywhere in the USA. Canadian orders will have added costs . PM or e-mail me for quotes on shipping to Canada.

Thanks to all previous customers, Larry

Thanks for your support Brad. Up until now I was able to get free cardboard from an appliance store but since they've gone out of business I have to buy it now. I'm told cardboard costs have risen just like everything eles too. Thus one of the reasons for my price increase. Actual shipping and steel costs have been on a steady rise as well. Fuel surcharges have somewhat leveled off but I'm excepting those to go up along when higher fuel prices take effect. It seems never ending.

Larry

I have been eying your adapter since I bought my RSV and just haven't come around to spend the money since I will need to buy a jack too... I guess I should not wait too much longer - especially if you decide to stop making them at some point!

Here's what I think of Larry's adapter:

In 2006 I bought a used RSV. Bought one of Larry's adapters because of the recommendations here. Worked great. Sold the RSV in 2007, then sold the adapter to another VR member. STUPID move. :bang head::bang head::bang head:

In June of this year I bought another RSV. Jacked it up once using 2x4 blocks. Got it about 3" off the floor and it was so unstable that I immediately lowered it. Went in the house, got on the internet, and ordered another adapter from Larry. I love the stability and won't lift the beast off the ground without one.

If you don't have one and like to do your own work on your RSV, GET AN ADAPTER!!!

Joe

:whistling:HANNIGAN ADAPTER PLEASE *hint hint*:fingers-crossed-emo Cougar

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

What he said... Bongobobny

I'm working on it. While at the International rally in Ar. I was checking B2Dad's trike to see what was needed. One problem is Hannigan trikes are so low to to the ground you'll have to either drive up on some boards 1st or use a floor jack to raise the bike and then board it up enough to gain clearance for a mc/atv jack to slide under the bike.

The other problem is there is no one close to me who has a Hannigan trike I can use to mock up a model.

In due time thou as it'll get done eventually.

On another note I do have an adapter for anyone who has a Tri-Wing trike conversion.

Larry

I'm a firm believer of Larry's adapter. It's a great product. Would not lift my bike without it. And I have the legs as well and leave it on the legs all winter.

However, I have been told that if you leave the bike on the stand for a length of time, over the winter months, that it will cause stress on the frame.

Has anyone heard of this before? I would really like some input on this as I do keep my RSV on the stand all winter long.

Thanks in advance, Jopie...

I'm a firm believer of Larry's adapter. It's a great product. Would not lift my bike without it. And I have the legs as well and leave it on the legs all winter.

However, I have been told that if you leave the bike on the stand for a length of time, over the winter months, that it will cause stress on the frame.

Has anyone heard of this before? I would really like some input on this as I do keep my RSV on the stand all winter long.

Thanks in advance, Jopie...

Something else to consider might be along the lines of what it does to the suspension - unless you support the wheels to keep a little compression on the suspension.

Personally I would not worry about the 'stressing the frame' since the frame is designed to hold the guts of the bike and the weight distribution across the frame members allowing for the centered lifting point... But I am no expert on materials, just my opinion...

Anyone that uses this does it get it high enough to get the rear tire off the bike? Debating between a lift table or this.

Yep, It comes out the side. Its not hi enough to roll it out the back.... But then again if it was it would be a bear to get back on.

My method or rear wheel removal went like this. Break loose the nut on the axle. Raise the bike just enough that there was minimal pressure on the tire. Remove the nut and caliper parts. Slide out the axle and then slide the wheel off the differential hub. I never raised the wheel more than a 1/2 - 1" off the ground till the wheel had come out of place on the hub. Then just raised the bike high enough till I could tilt the wheel and roll it out from under the fender.

Assembly is reversed. Doing it this way you don't need to lift the entire wheel nor try muscling it into position.

As to storing a bike on it's frame I see nothing wrong there myself. After all the engine and other parts are all attached to it.

I don't have a correct answer to raising the bike till it's off the ground and harming the suspension system. My personal thoughts are it'd be OK. I think if you're in doubt there it's easy enough to place blocks under the wheels and apply some light pressure on them.

I know of many members from the north that have suspended their bikes off the ground for months at a time with no ill effects being reported doing this.

Larry