IGNORED

Rider Perception Test

KeithR

Well, I now understand why I have been crashing so much this year...

Feel like a big dummy...

Signs 19/20...

Obsticals..16/20

I never knew a WHITE "+" sign means Rail Road...

I always thought they were Yellow and Black.........

AND...I didnt know that the little red hand sign hanging on the tellephone pole for pedestrians actually tell them how many more seconds they have to get thier fat butt across the raod.

I have never looked at one of those little red signs when I am on my bike or in a cage..and I never knew it was required for the driver of any vechile to pay attention to that little 10 inch by 12 inch red sign hanging way over there on that light pole that is no where near the intersection that I am about to go through... no wonder I missed this one.

And why is the answer of "merging traffic from the right" any different then "another lane coming up on the right"....??

Heck, The darn traffic in th eright lane will eventually merging into my lane anyway...

so yep, I missed that one too..

Got to go back and see if I can do any better this time now that I know how they want to play this game....

It's lucky I live in the country.....

10/20 & 14/20

I started hyperventilating just taking the d@#n thing with all that traffic.

Did I mention I hate driving my bike in towns larger than a population of oh say.....2,000?

No sirreeeeee you can keep that city life. I don't want nothin to do with it. Crowds, traffic and cement......3 things I avoid!

• 4 months later...

18 and 16.

there were a couple answers i didn't agree with, though.

one was a construction zone with a semi comming at you with a narrow lane. there is a construction worker standing there in a bright yellow vest and it said he was the danger.. but he was not moving, and he was a construction worker in a bright yellow vest, not exactly invisible. imho the chance that there may be derbis on the pavement and the semi are both bigger threats than the supposed pedestrian.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
Guest Swifty

20/20 and 18/20, but I only remember missing 1. :scratchchin:

Oh well, I'm getting old!

19/20...where do you see a stop sign without the word STOP?

18/20...I was watching TV and missed a scene and guessed.

Following some of their advice WILL get you killed.

In the one where the bus is coming into your lane ahead of you they recommend and immediate move to the left lane and not slow down. From the picture there is no way to know if the left lane is clear. A lane change without that knowledge is more risky than slowing down to get a safe following distance.

I did 20/20 on the signs but only 15/20 on the traps. I still disagree with a couple of there answers where they are nit picking a potential issue and not even mentioning bigger issues that require immediate action of the rider.