IGNORED

Hi from the new Guy...

screamstone

Hey everyone! I'm new to the forums, just won a bid on ebay for this:

http://www.thundertowerharley.com/new_vehicle_detail.asp?veh=644&pov=1345399

It's a 2000 RSV MM edition with 56K miles and a trailer.

I'm hoping that the mileage isn't an issue, I've heard it isn't. I got hooked on long rides this past summer in california on a rented harley Road Glide, and did some research and ended up with a RSV as an answer!!! I paid 7900 OTD for the bike. I pick it up in 2 weeks. Anyone live out near Columbia that wants to give me a lift from the airport to go get it??? hahahah!!!

Here's crossing fingers to a chirp free and long milage venture!!!

I locally almost bought an 02 with 30K miles... but I love the idea of the trailer and really dig the look and uniqueness of the MM model, so I jumped!

Input? Is 55K miles long in the tooth or just a baby??? (or a teenager?):smile5:

I feel like this!:mo money:

This looks like a great group! Looking forward to meeting all of you guys!

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just a baby at those miles..As far as the chirp..really a whine in most cases it is in most cases normal,not saying I like it but its the nature of the beast. Thats a good looking rig and with regular maintenance which is very easy to do yourself it will last many more years and miles to come. Welcome to the site and you will find everyone willing to help you out in anything you want to do to it.Tom

Actually with these bikes that's just getting broke in. With the early 1st gens still on the road there's nothing to worry about with the 2nd gens mileage. My husband has 1st gens that are over the 150,000 miles and still going strong. Just keep up with the maintenance and you'll be fine. The guys will chime in I'm sure.

Good luck with the new bike.

Margaret

Looks like a nice bike, Rob and welcome to the site. We do have a few members up there in Columbia SC but id be very wary of them. I know one of them wants a trailer real bad and would stoop to untold levels to seperate you from that trailer.......:buttkick:

What part of Florida are you in?

Well SHAAZAM, Gaalee, thats a nice bike. Your lucky I didnt see that at Thunder Tower 2 months ago. I just bought an 02 Midnight and Love the cream color. I would be glad to pick you up at the airport. I live outside of Columbia in Lexington 10 miles away. Actually the airport is near Lexington. Anytime your ready, just give me a PM.

Dog gone those people at Thunder Tower hiding that bike from me.

Thunder Tower Harley is literally in my back yard. I live just a few miles away from the dealership. Let me know if I can help getting you and your new scoot together, I would be glad to help out if I can.

Oh yea, welcome aboard!:thumbsup2:

I just read ALL of your post, if you do need a ride from the airport give me a shout. I'm always looking for a reason to leave work early.

Edited by Pecker
Reread the first post, had more info to share.

I'm really impressed with all the generous support and amazing replies! I'm already so happy to be a part of this community! I'm glad to hear I have a fresh little baby, and I'm looking forward to meeting many of you in real life!

I may just take one of you up on that offer for a ride!!! I was actually just joking, since I was researching public transport up there to see how to get from the airport to the dealer! I'm really amazed at the incredible generosity of the offers for a ride!

I'm already proud to be a venture rider! This is obviously an amazing, friendly, generous group!!!

You guys are really amazing! I'm starting to ramble- sorry!

just so you guys know who you're talking to... here's a pic from my 3 day ride down the coast and up the mountains in CA just a month ago...

attachment.php?attachmentid=34181&stc=1&d=1250026313

Thanks again for your quick and supportive replies!

Mechanic and I live east of the airport, so between the 3 groups of us, someone will pick you up and you even have a place to stay, here with us. Oh by the way, I saw someone riding a Millineum in downtown Columbia at noon today. Sure hope Thundertower did not sell that bike to someone else :crying:

Actually I have seen this rider on the interstate a couple of times.

Let us know when you are going to be here.

Also, Mechanic and I will be out of town on the weekend of the 21 through 24, going to Wildhair's gathering in Texas, and of course the Vogel gathering this weekend.

Welcome aboard.

Oops.. I forgot to tell you where in South FL... I'm in Wellington, it's the west end of West Palm Beach area (really close to Lion Country Safari!)

Oh, and it looks like I'll be trying to fly in the night of the 28th, and then start heading home on the new baby on the 29th in the am... I was a youth pastor a few years in college in Savannah, and I hope to visit some of my old "kids" down there...

Thats a great price for the package, and the miles aren't an issue at all. I just picked up an '89 with 102K on the clock, runs like a watch. It's good to see you jump right into the site, there is nothing better on the web, this is a family and you will find that out.

Best of luck with your new ride and welcome to our little piece of the web, take care of yourself :happy34: