IGNORED

Muffinman is in the house............

DragonRider

Had a surprise visit from Muffinman yesterday afternoon, he stopped by on his way to Ft. Benning along with Blackjack, Wingman, and His wife. We comensurated for a while and then had a grand meal of Jambalaya, green beans, French bread garlic toast and chocalate cream pie for desert. As most of you know, Jeff is heading for Iraq to work for Uncle Obama for a year so it just made sense that since we are on the way, he stopped here for an overnite visit. Really gonna miss seeing the guy for a year and not seeing him post as often as he does, but I am sure Mini will keep us posted on his goings on. Those guys and gals over there are in for a real treat and one heck of a mechanic, cause if he is as good with planes and helicopters as he is with 1st Gens, they got the best mechanic around. I am sure everyone appreciates his sacrifice helping out like this, Thanks Jeff, your one of a kind. :thumbsup:

I know Mini is going to have a tuff time without Jeff :crying:around, so Mini if you need to talk to someone or lean on, you gots lotsa :bighug:family here so dont be shy, we are here for you.

It was a nice little meet and eat and the last one we will have with the Muffinman for some time...........but when he comes home, we will have a grand one, I am sure..............:dancefool::banana::banana::dancefool:

It is a bit sad for me and for all here that know him to think about him being so far away. I do respect and admire him for what he is doing though and will pray for his success and safety. I can't even imagine how Mini must feel but I hope that the fact that she has such a HUGE family HERE....will help in some way. We will miss you while you are gone Jeff, you are one of the best.

Well I couldn't post he was on the road yesterday, because I knew he wasn't getting to Lew's house till after he was home from work. Glad you got to see him Lewis he just wished he could have gotten to see a few more folks before he leaves. I promise once I get the info on how to get in touch with him I'll let folks know. I'll be ok so nobody has to worry about me. Just need to suck it up and deal till he gets home. I can usually figure out how to get something working if not then it didn't need to work in the first place.

Margaret

Jeff & Margaret,

First, let me say how wonderful it was spending time with the two of you last weekend in Asheville. I had a great time at the event and really enjoyed the weekend, the time spent with old friends and making new and the riding time in spite of the tech problems.

Jeff,

I know that it must be tiresome to be so much in demand for your assistance for 1st gen problems. I admit that I have been one of the needest seeking your attention, especially at this last event. But I admire and respect you with deep esteem at your technical knowledge and your cheerful willingness to help as you have for so many members of this forum, including myself time and time again. I wish that I could adequately express how much your help and friendship means to me. I will miss you while your gone and will pray for your Safe and rapid return back to the warm embrace of your family and friends. God Bless you and God speed.

Margaret,

I too want you to know that in Jeff's absence your Venture family is here for you in all ways of support that you may need or want. Please do not hesitate to call on me at anytime or for whatever reason if I can help you and your family in anyway. I do expect to stay in touch during Jeff's tour of duty through regular post on the forum.

Edited by Dragonslayer
typos

Hey Jeff,

You be sure to show those "wet behind the ears" puppy boys how things get fixed 'round here! Don't take any wooden "sand dollars". It was a pure pleasure to hang with ya' at Skid's, Hope we can do that again when ya' get back!

Don't forget to DUCK! :080402gudl_prv:

Earl

OK, I am going to start this now.

Next year, I want to look at scheduling Asheville for right after the Muffinman gets home and is able to come. We had a "Going Away" for him this year and I want to have a "Welcome Home" next year. When we get closer to knowing when he will be home, we will set the date. :scratchchin:

Next year, I hope we can fill the whole area around the lilly pond and have the biggest and funnest Asheville ever!!! :happy65:

Laura & I had a lot fun with Mini and Muffinman this year at Asheville and we will miss them and hope we can at least see Mini some.

One thing I did get to do this year was a little "green light to about 90mph run" with him and that was interesting. :happy34:

RandyA

Edited by Venturous Randy

I'll let you know when I do Randy. His year starts when he gets there. So depending on how long it takes him to get where he's going depends on when he gets back. You know how the military works hurry up and wait. Hopefully it won't be too long from now.

Margaret

That was one of the best surprises I have had in a long time.........it was really good to see Jeff and take one last very short ride, we even swapped bikes on that one, wish I could have been here to see him off this morning but work calls............If you need anything or want to talk please dont hesitate to call, Charlene would love to hear from you.

Well I couldn't post he was on the road yesterday, because I knew he wasn't getting to Lew's house till after he was home from work. Glad you got to see him Lewis he just wished he could have gotten to see a few more folks before he leaves. I promise once I get the info on how to get in touch with him I'll let folks know. I'll be ok so nobody has to worry about me. Just need to suck it up and deal till he gets home. I can usually figure out how to get something working if not then it didn't need to work in the first place.

Margaret

Jeff,this is a great service for your country...

We will be thinking and praying for your safe return..

Keep your head down....

Mini,we know this will be a tough time for you,but your a tough cookie so we know you will be ok..:)

You will also be in our thoughts and prayers everyday...

Jeff ,

Thanks for all you have daone ,are doing, and will in the future do. Your friendship has ment more to me than you can ever know. You were the first person to befriend me om this site and that friendship will be greatly missed. Be safe over there my friend.

Now Mini,

I've already been told that there is a white second gen for you to get you riding fix on. If that one isnt available then give me a call and we'll see what we can do aboutr getting you on a burgandy 1st gen.

Lots of love a prayers to you both. And oh yeah mini. It's not all that far to your house to get things working that you cant get working and if you move it will be even closer.

David