IGNORED

So fast I am losing parts!!!

I know that the 2nd Gen people can't understand this:stirthepot:, but I was going so fast last night that the left side vent grill blew off!!!! I looked for it on the highway today, but no luck...I did find some black plastic pieces that may have been it!!! :crying:

I checked on ebay and didn't see one...anyone have one on a parts bike they are willing to sell? I hate looking at the empty hole!

FYI, this stuff is still available from the factory. I recently purchased a new triangular hot-air-vent for my 87. They are not cheap - $70 - but the one you lost is a lot smaller and must be less expensive.

BTW, I love your red Venture! Just this morning I was looking a a red Harley with just a touch of metallic in it and thinking how good that would look on my Venture - maybe someday when I have free time!:rotf::rotf::rotf:

Yeah, and maybe pigs will fly!

Jeremy

I'm a bit confused about the Words you're using ...

Could you Please, in further Reference, use the Term 'it was blown off' or 'delaminated by the Acceleration' or 'the Parts mounting couldn't stand the Speed i was going' or something else in this Line of Arguments ?

imho, 'I am losing parts!!!' refers to other Brands which are not meant here.

:rotf::rotf::rotf::rotf::rotf:

Sorry, on your initial Question, i have nothing to give.

Could you Please, in further Reference, use the Term 'it was blown off' or 'delaminated by the Acceleration' or 'the Parts mounting couldn't stand the Speed i was going' or something else in this Line of Arguments ?

Here we get a lesson on the English language and how to properly speak venture tongue.:rotf::rotf:

ole squeezer, has a sense of humor!!!!

just jt

I've got one in good shape; needs cleaned. $35 includes shipping.

I know that the 2nd Gen people can't understand this:stirthepot:, but I was going so fast last night that the left side vent grill blew off!!!! I looked for it on the highway today, but no luck...I did find some black plastic pieces that may have been it!!! :crying:

I checked on ebay and didn't see one...anyone have one on a parts bike they are willing to sell? I hate looking at the empty hole!

"I feel your pain"

Of the first Gens. the 83 is the fastest.

I blowed this same part a few months back. One of Our fine Members in Canada had one and let me get it for a steel ya might say. (Thanks again Charlie)

I'm Hoping someone here will see your plight and render simular assistance.

I'd box ya one up tonight if i had one.

"I feel your pain"

Of the first Gens. the 83 is the fastest.

I blowed this same part a few months back. One of Our fine Members in Canada had one and let me get it for a steel ya might say. (Thanks again Charlie)

I'm Hoping someone here will see your plight and render simular assistance.

I'd box ya one up tonight if i had one.

wow! imagine that!

charlie sent me a left side "vent", free of charge!!!!!!about a year ago.

soooooo, if you are suddenly missing first gen parts, check out charlie's garage!

he is the one that's "filching" them!

lol:rotf::rotf::rotf:

just jt

Oh I think we understand pretty well. Tupperware is falling off of the 1st gens like they're going out of style. :rasberry: Oh, they are out of style. A 1st gen is desperately trying to update itself. :rotf:

Now, now, Lynn, there were two bikes from Indiana in Colorado. One was my 90 the other was Bummer's 06. I didn't see any of the other Indiana guys ther 1st or 2nd gens, must be most Indiana bikes can't go very far (bought mine in Tennessee..:rotf::rotf::rotf::rotf::stirthepot::stirthepot::stirthepot: Besides, mine don't look like no Hardley.....:rotf::rotf::rotf:

Hey, it's all in fun. I might as well jump in with everyone else. And my bike isn't a Hardley wanna be. I get more people ask me if it's an Indian. I'm seriously thinking about putting an Indian front fender on it, just to embellish the look a little. I think they look really cool. Us not making to CO had nothing to do with the bike, but rather with scheduling. We both wanted to go badly.

Now, now, Lynn, there were two bikes from Indiana in Colorado. One was my 90 the other was Bummer's 06. I didn't see any of the other Indiana guys ther 1st or 2nd gens, must be most Indiana bikes can't go very far (bought mine in Tennessee..:rotf::rotf::rotf::rotf::stirthepot::stirthepot::stirthepot: Besides, mine don't look like no Hardley.....:rotf::rotf::rotf:

Excuse me but did you see the Ontario Plates in FC. One 1st gen was getting new springs, the other ONE was riding around but needed a push to get started, (something about a bad battery). :stirthepot:

But the 2 nd gens with Ontario plates were going strong. :clap2::beer:

Talking Harley, that part falls off when the screw rattles out. :think:

Brad

Harley parts mounted on your bike,if so, this is going to happen from time to time, I have Road King pipes on my 1st gen and ever since I did that, I have had a couple of parts be Delaminated By Speed, and also start marking its spots at time............:rotf::rotf::rotf::rotf:

My dash vent has Dlaminated twice, second time, gone for good, and that little dash vent costs $40.00 brand new.:080402gudl_prv::080402gudl_prv::080402gudl_prv:

you must be new to 1st gen or you would have known to batten everything down prior to achieving warp speed you must ave upgraded from a second gen:stirthepot::stirthepot::stirthepot::cool10::rotf::rotf::rotf::rotf:

Boy....it sure is fun getting things started. I knew it would get some folks going... those 2nd gen just hate to be reminded how slow their bike really are:stirthepot:

Anyway thanks for the point to some places to get a replacement and to Cmiles3 for the offer. My truck just broke down so... not "non essential" spending until that is fix and the budget is back on track. SO it will be a little while until replace the part...the nice part is that I now "HAVE TO" ride the bike until the truck is fixed.... silver lining in every cloud!

Boy....it sure is fun getting things started. I knew it would get some folks going... those 2nd gen just hate to be reminded how slow their bike really are:stirthepot:

It doesn't really matter how fast you can go , if your spending more time on the side of the road looking for peices !!!!:rotf::rotf::rotf::stirthepot::stirthepot:

Just asking , "How do you 1st Genr's calculate the speed of rhumatism ? ":225::whistling:

Gene