IGNORED

Time to convert to Supporting Members Only

Freebird

I've been here for just a short time, I joined because really 12.00 is not alot of money to find out if I fit in here, I may not, I live a long ways from most of the members on this forum and I sometimes feel like an outsider because of that, But Im not skeered.:stickpoke:

Hey Cruser, Here's some coffee and cake on me :happy34:We just had a little mini meet & eat...did ya enjoy it :smile5:

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well you dont live that far from Big Bend Natl Park and we are having a get together Nov 11-15th..This is a personal invite...I bet you will fit right in! http://www.venturerider.org/forum/showthread.php?t=43261

That's huntin season for me, I will be deep in the Lincoln National Forest stalking bambi during that week in Nov.

I read about the Big Bend meet it sounds like a great time and if it happens again next year and I don't draw for Elk or Deer I will be there.

Hey Cruser, Here's some coffee and cake on me :happy34:We just had a little mini meet & eat...did ya enjoy it :smile5:

Yep I just Love coffee and cake,Thanks ,By the way I,m no stranger to down under hospitality, I have some really good forum friends that live there, of course that is another hobby all together but You all are a great bunch no matter where you are found!!

If there was a way to sort the list that way, it wouldn't take so long to find someone who is actively involved. FWIW and INMHO!

Welcome guys. You will fit in, if you show up at a meet and eat or even on the forum just post away. Hope you intend on sticking around. The meets and ralleys are always fun.

Don not sure but did you miss the question here. I think this would be a great idea.

I would like to see a way of sorting this members list for Paid Members, as most likely they may be more active here.

Brad

I am not sure why somebody woul;dn't fork out a measly 12 bucks a year to be a member. I have owned my Royal Star Venture for 4 weeks, Have put 4500 miles on it so far and have already saved my $12 in free advice from the other members. I had an ignition switch go bad and there was a post telling me how to by pass it to get it home that I had read before the problem. Right there paid for my membership.Plus the knowledge on here is priceless. If you have something happening to your bike that you can't figure out how to fix you can bet someone on here has had the same problem and has already figured out the fix for it. OK I'll get doown off my soap box now

Rick

Welcome guys. You will fit in, if you show up at a meet and eat or even on the forum just post away. Hope you intend on sticking around. The meets and ralleys are always fun.

Don not sure but did you miss the question here. I think this would be a great idea.

I would like to see a way of sorting this members list for Paid Members, as most likely they may be more active here.

Brad

:sign yeah that:

Guest tx2sturgis
...... I live a long ways from most of the members on this forum and I sometimes feel like an outsider because of that, But Im not skeered.:stickpoke:

The more remote you are from the members, the more you should appreciate this forum. I'm quite familiar with the Tularosa area and have lunch or dinner there at the little truckstop at the 'Y' fairly often.

I'm guessing that you dont see many Ventures or Royal Stars around there, since I dont see many either, where you live, OR where I live. Having a forum to visit that provides some knowledge about these fairly rare bikes is a valuable service.

I'm guessing that Aussie Annie or Squeeze could tell you that being a few miles from Ohio doesnt make you an 'outsider'...it makes you THE 'goto guy' (or gal!)in that area. Enjoy!

Edited by tx2sturgis

OK folks. Sorry that I let this one fall through the cracks. I looked at it and to change it so that you can sort by usergroup takes a LOT of custom programming that I would have to remember to do every time I upgrade the software.

So...I took the easy way out. I now have the memberslist set to display ONLY supporting members and trial members. So everybody who is now shown in the memberslist is either an active supporting member or somebody that we hope to be soon. :) After their trial period ends, they will automatically not be displayed any longer.

I hope this works better. We will try it for a while and see.

Wow at $12.00 a month I may have to rethink this investment.:confused24:

Where do you see that? It's $12.00 per year.

MMMMMMMMM Why don't i show up as a supporting member?

You do. It is right under your username in your post and also in the upper right of your profile. You are also listed in the memberslist.

I am not sure why somebody woul;dn't fork out a measly 12 bucks a year to be a member. I have owned my Royal Star Venture for 4 weeks, Have put 4500 miles on it so far and have already saved my $12 in free advice from the other members. I had an ignition switch go bad and there was a post telling me how to by pass it to get it home that I had read before the problem. Right there paid for my membership.Plus the knowledge on here is priceless. If you have something happening to your bike that you can't figure out how to fix you can bet someone on here has had the same problem and has already figured out the fix for it. OK I'll get doown off my soap box now

Rick

THEIR Too damn cheap!![they probaly still have the 1st dollar they ever made}----great move to make it easier too find people in said states----:thumbsup2::clap2::cool10:----ya done gooode Don

Guest tx2sturgis

$50 to $100 a month for a cell phone plan that gets used a few hundred minutes a month. Some of us spend a hundred HOURS a month on this forum, and its $12 a YEAR?

Its a no-brainer to me.

Hey Don, Where else can you go to be entertained on a daily basis for a measley 12 bucks a year?? Heck, it's worth 12 bucks just to hear a cetain fella from Texas rant and rave every now and then!!!LOL:stirthepot::stirthepot::stirthepot::whistling::whistling::whistling:

I agree with Don. I used to be a member on some satellite forums that had advertising which paid to support the site. $12 a year is a bargain.

I was a visitor to these forums for a year before I bought my RSV. During that time I used the forums to confirm that the RSV was the way to go. LOL - Yamaha should be a supporter for the number of sales they probably make because of the forums and info ! As soon as I bought my bike I became a paying supporter.

Don - I for one appreciate the efforts you make to keep this site going and wish you all the best with your health !

OK folks. I now have the memberslist set to display ONLY supporting members and trial members. So everybody who is now shown in the memberslist is either an active supporting member or somebody that we hope to be soon. :) After their trial period ends, they will automatically not be displayed any longer.

I hope this works better. We will try it for a while and see.

:thumbsup::clap2: I like it.