IGNORED

The moment has arrived.....finally!

Snaggletooth

Ok....I've been around here for a couple of years now. Been reading and asking questions and talking to a lot of you folks by way of these forums. When I trailered my '84 home she didn't run and was in need of some TLC and this site helped me provide that for the bike. Information and an odd part here and there has come to me when I needed it. Some of you have gone way out of your way to provide items for the members in group buys. Thank you for that. Thanks to everybody that has offered advice and information on my projects. You are the reason this club is so different from others. This is a family.

And Freebird.....you do one hell of a job keeping all this in running order.

So the first pic is when I first finished the bike after bringing her home and got her cleaned up and running. I thought it turned out pretty well. Ahhh... but the second pic is of the bike today. I finally rolled her out of the garage after a long winter and spring of reworking the bike. Again. LOL!

So it was the first ride of the year for me and I know how much ya'll love pics. So here are some shots of the changes that I have made and the things that have been added or upgraded. It's been a learning experience for sure. From RickH's upgrade stator and SS lines and Condors "Battle of the MAC" exhaust and CondorBrace to odd eBay finds to items that were DIY stuff.

Thanks again to all for helping me pull all this together.

Mike

Edited by Snaggletooth

Mike,

It's good to hear you got some wind in your face, I'm sure it's been too long coming. Good looking scoot you have there, especially those driving light brackets :whistling: Be safe and start pounding the miles on her :thumbsup2:

See.....there ya go. It's things like this. Squidley made the driving light mounts for the bike. Bongobob made my bike horny for cats. :scratchchin: Thanks guys.

And Bongo....the plastic is coming off again. I think I crossed up the coil wires on #3 & #4. Sound familiar?

Yammer Dan.......I LOVE blue. Blue is my favorite color. I can see blue in my rear view mirror all the time. (poke) Someday I might make this one blue but it won't be a rattle can job. But for what I paid for this bike, I LOVE gold. LOL?

kenw......It's a DIY switch panel I came up with. Blue is the driving lights, red is the bumper and fender lights and the green is the LED markers that replaced the reflectors and the long center LED on the rear bumper. The LED markers are on an independent circuit so I can turn them on without keying the bike on so I can use them as parking lights without putting much drain on the battery. This is the write up I did on it in the poor mans section.

http://www.venturerider.org/forum/showthread.php?t=34990

Edited by Snaggletooth

Snaggletooth,

You did a great job, she looks better than new. :sign woo hoo:

I work in Omaha every other week, "have to drive the company pick-up they will not let me take the bike." :bawling: I will have to try to get hold of you sometime and see her in person? Maybe a late supper? We work late over there sometimes till 7 or 8 pm.

Enjoy the ride!

Bryan

Hey Joe.

Yeppers it came out ok. When I took the pics it was my first ride out after all the work. Had some things that weren't right and found that I had crossed the #3 and #4 coils. She would run but sluggish and popping like crazy.

Got that straightened out this morning and spent the day riding. I even spent a while in a downpour so I know the electrics are buttoned up nice and water tight.

And the MAC's sound GREAT!!! Nice sound to them.

Just glad I took all the pics before I ran in the rain. Not up to another clean up right now.

Later

Mike

Edited by Snaggletooth

Howdy Mike.

I used air conditioning tape, the metal stuff to keep the wires in place and covered the wires at the bottom with harness shielding to keep them for getting crushed. Once I get the trunk liner in it shouldn't look to bad, it not a little lumpy. Better than raw ABS.

I used two wire quick connects for a trailer to make the connection. 20 ga wire and it tied to the front of the chrome rack under the rear trunk. I left about 3 or 4 inches outside the back of the tank and it is just long enough to slide the side tanks back and unhook it. The wire is well concealed with the lamb skin cover but barely shows without it.

Edited by Snaggletooth

Hi Wizard.

The chin.....what a deal I got. LOL! Came home one day and saw the chin on eBay with a few minutes to go. Same color as my bike and in one piece. So I snipered it. About $40. Then it hit me that I didn't know if it would work on my bike. It was claimed to be off an '86 I think. So I asked a few questions here and found that I need to change out the front crash bars from a MKII with the tabs for the chin mounts . Back to eBay for another two weeks. Found a set that was not too bad but not perfect and took them for another $37.

Then the mounting hardware.....No bolts or spacers were to be had. Off to the hardware store and found some tube style spacers and flange head bolts. Ground the spacers down so they were just long enough to slide through the rubber gromments in the chin and the bolt would tighten against the spacer and not totally compress the grommet. Now that I know it fits and works I will change out the flange heads for some chrome panhead screws to go with the chrome washers for a smoother look.

I'm looking at making some short extensions for the tabs on the crash bars to move the chin upward a bit and close that gap between it and the cross piece to about a 1/4 inch.

All I started out to do was find a way to protect the spin-on oil filter adaptor I installed. It just kept snowballing as it went along. But I like the look of the newer chin over the metal ones from the '83 and '84s. So it worked out well in the end.