IGNORED

Dumped it in the gravel

kbran

Well on the way to St. Charles thru Ar. Thursday the wife and I had a spill on the bike in a gravel parking lot in Mo. The gravel was the crushed rock type gray in color and looked to be packed good and I made the turn in ok and was headed straight to the other side when it slide to the right and I thought I had it recovered when all of a sudden it sliped to the left and down we went rather hard. Beth wasn't hurt, but I imediatley felt pain in my right ankle and was able to pull my leg out. So I thought I just sprained it. We made it on in, which was 89 miles out from St. Charles, and got checked in to the motel. It began hurting pretty bad and I was able to stop with the weight on the left leg. Got into the room, took boot off and iced it and the swelling went down but the pain intensified to the point I could put no wheight on it. So we decided to call my son and he and his brother came with his trailer and took us back to La. We made it home this morning about 8am and Beth had no sleep, so she napped till after noon and took me to the local hospital. Well it is broke just above the ankle joint on the small bone ( fibula ) in a spiral break. It is in place and the ER doc said see an orthapedic which would probably just put it in a walking boot cast. The pain has gotten better but I still can't put any wheight on it

So with a ruined weekend with friends I am now back home and won't be rideing for a while. At least it will be healed in time for the next event. Bill came and got me for breakfast friday morning so I did get to see old friends and some new ones. Thanks to those who came by the room an visited and offered help. I know each one of you would have gone out of your way and we appreciate it.

Ouch. I lost my balance with my 1st gen. What a giant pig! I got almost picked up, then lost it, anc caught my foot underneath. Luckily a man was nearby, and he helped me get it off of my foot. Me leg ended up with a couple of nice bruises, but thankfully nothing broken for me.

Kenny, We're sorry to hear that you went down and ended up with a broken bone. Last fall Phil dumped us in a parking lot in AR. He was lucky that he did not break anything since both his feet were caught under the bike and bent in ways they should not have been. Glad that you and Beth are back home and safe and sound. Take it easy and heal! We are so glad that even though you got hurt that you didn't get hurt worse than what you did!

Kenny, that's terrible news! Hope you heal quickly. I was out of riding for four months last year with my knee/foot injury, you better be back sooner than that. Glad we got to spend a minute or two with you old friend!

Kenny,

I'm sorry to hear about your drop. Glad to hear that your wife is ok, and that you are to basically except for the broken ankle.

As I was reading your story, something was telling me you broke it..

Hope you heal up just fine though. ...!:clap2:

Sorry to hear about your incident, hope it heals quickly, hope your doing much better by Vogel.........What about the bike, and which one was it.......

Take it easy and let Beth nurse you back to health.

It was the 06 and I was pulling the trailor. Only damage was a broken reflector on the saddlebag rails, and the guy who was helping pushed to hard the wrong way on the kickstand and broke the extended piece off.

Wonder if the trailor could have conributed?

My neighbor totaled his Gold Wing by slipping on gravel around a corner here in town. They use so much in the winter it is rediculous and creates a riding hazard all spring until the heavy rains can wash it away. Darn Gravel!!! Hope your better soon!!!

Sorry to hear of your mishap buddy

:( get yourself healed up good and proper. I'll bet you some of that good ole cajun food your fabulous wife makes would speed up the healing time....or atleast make your stomach feel better :confused24:

I have a hard fast rule with my Venture-- Gravel!! NO GO !! Not with this bike.

Now I grew up on a 47 Harley WL, and gravel roads, and many other bikes.

But not this one. I got caught on some road work up around Mt. Rainer 2nd year I had this bike. I made it thru, but NEVER AGAIN !!!

My 79 BMW R100T was great on gravel ??? and fire roads, whatever, ---

The Venture, NO WAY

I have a hard fast rule with my Venture-- Gravel!! NO GO !! Not with this bike.

Now I grew up on a 47 Harley WL, and gravel roads, and many other bikes.

But not this one. I got caught on some road work up around Mt. Rainer 2nd year I had this bike. I made it thru, but NEVER AGAIN !!!

My 79 BMW R100T was great on gravel ??? and fire roads, whatever, ---

The Venture, NO WAY

I agree. The Venture is definately a slab cruiser. The best bike I've ever ridden on an Interstate but she's not designed for "off road". Glad you're ok Kenny. Heal fast. The season is young for you guys.:255:

Dog gone...that's a tough way to open the begining of the riding season. :(

but please try to look on the bright side...

last summer I fell off a racecar trailer. my ankle swelled up to the size of a cantelope, and boy did it hurt. raced me off to the emergency room where it waz ex-rayed twice.

Doc came into my holding room and told me it wasn't broke. "YEA!" I said..."that's good!"

"NO" he replied...."that's BAD". A break can heal in a month or two...a severe sprain (like I got) will take 6 MONTHS to A YEAR!!!!! torn tendons take a long time to heal :(

I used to be a regular jogger.......but not no more!

get well soon Kenny!

Sorry to hear about your spill on gravel, Kenny. Give your ankle time to heal and apply pressure and some homebrew physical therapy will streghthen your ankle muscles. Regards to your wife and am glad that she did not get hurt.

Regards.

Kenny

Sorry about your spill and I hope you heal fast buddy. Glad to hear that Beth is ok!

spilled last year my self on v. r. (Jerri had just dismounted cause I knew that what I needed to do was iffy ) skinned shoulder and hand trying to catch myself.

Mostly my pride was hurt.

enough of trading scars HEAL FAST, RIDE SAFE

Sorry to hear about this, but sometimes they just go down. Mine went to sleep and fell down last year, you were lucky to get you leg out, I had to lay there till a passerby could lift it enoough for me to get out. Emberrassing moment #1! Hope you have a fast mend!

Well on the way to St. Charles thru Ar. Thursday the wife and I had a spill on the bike in a gravel parking lot in Mo. The gravel was the crushed rock type gray in color and looked to be packed good and I made the turn in ok and was headed straight to the other side when it slide to the right and I thought I had it recovered when all of a sudden it sliped to the left and down we went rather hard. Beth wasn't hurt, but I imediatley felt pain in my right ankle and was able to pull my leg out. So I thought I just sprained it. We made it on in, which was 89 miles out from St. Charles, and got checked in to the motel. It began hurting pretty bad and I was able to stop with the weight on the left leg. Got into the room, took boot off and iced it and the swelling went down but the pain intensified to the point I could put no wheight on it. So we decided to call my son and he and his brother came with his trailer and took us back to La. We made it home this morning about 8am and Beth had no sleep, so she napped till after noon and took me to the local hospital. Well it is broke just above the ankle joint on the small bone ( fibula ) in a spiral break. It is in place and the ER doc said see an orthapedic which would probably just put it in a walking boot cast. The pain has gotten better but I still can't put any wheight on it

So with a ruined weekend with friends I am now back home and won't be rideing for a while. At least it will be healed in time for the next event. Bill came and got me for breakfast friday morning so I did get to see old friends and some new ones. Thanks to those who came by the room an visited and offered help. I know each one of you would have gone out of your way and we appreciate it.

Gravel....dirty four letter word that ends in a "k".....

Good thing is you are ok, and more riding is just around the corner....

randy:think: