IGNORED

Sleepy Hands

halfwitt

I hate when my hands fall asleep during the day. It means they'll be up all night!

When I ride for any length of time my throttle hand gets numb. I have standard gloves and stock grips. Is it my gloves? My grips? Is it physical? I don't think I grip too tight. It's only my right hand. Any thoughts?:think:

I hate when my hands fall asleep during the day. It means they'll be up all night!

When I ride for any length of time my throttle hand gets numb. I have standard gloves and stock grips. Is it my gloves? My grips? Is it physical? I don't think I grip too tight. It's only my right hand. Any thoughts?:think:

So your right hand falls asleep from too much use:think::think::think::crackup::crackup::crackup: I aint sayin nuthin....... Craig

All of the above, Motorcycles riders develope a special type of Carpal Tunnel Syndrome that causes this. I've heard of remedies from Auccupuncture, to surgery, special gloves and everything in between. There may even be some threads on the subject on here. I've had it and I basically got used to it until it eventually went away after about a year or two. Some say Ace wrist support bandages help. I've seen special made riding gloves at motorcycle shows that are designed to combat this irratating condition.

I have the same problem. Being a smaller person I changed the bars to the Barons and added a riser to decrease the reaching. And I have found that using the gloves with the finger area cut off help. I still have the numbness to a degree, but these things have helped.

a throttle rocker and it makes all the difference in the world. $9.99.

Ditto on this.

I have a standard, so my "cruise" is a precisely adjusted throttle lock that will stay set, but can be moved easy enough. But, the big improvement was the throttle rocker. I have much more finite control and I now don't have the numbness and tiredness in my right hand.

RandyA

OK, My spin. I've been suffering from the old Dead Hands Symptom for about the last three years or so. Right hand worse than the left. The throttle lock helped a bunch, and probably would have kept things under control, but last summer while riding on the SLO get2gether we were on 25 miles of twisties over the the coast out Ft Hunter-Legget. I couldn't set the TL and couldn't let go of the grips. The right hand went so dead it hurt. I should have pulled over, but DUH!! When we finally reached Hwy 1 my hand never recovered. For the next 6 months until I had carpal tunel surgery I couldn't feel a thing. When I went in for testing they found that both hands had equal carpal but only the right showed symptoms. So I had the right hand done in Feb. About 95% of the feeling has come back, and I haven't had the hand go dead since. :thumbsup2: Lately the left hand has started to act up, and I now have surgery scheduled for October after the Cody Round-Up. If you're experiencing DHS you need to go see a Doc and find out where you are on the Carpal Scale... Caught early enough you'll recover to 100%...

I have the same problem but the doc well not operate on me for tcs so i changed bars . now my rite grip is farther froward than my left and sticks almost straight out instead of pulled back . if you can try some one's cruiser with the grips sideways you will see what i mean .

the bars i have on my 1st gen are off a Voyager with 4 in risers 1 1/2 in back works very

good

Thom