IGNORED

I love my Venture....But,

slick97spirit

there is one thing I have always hated about Yamaha street bikes. That stupid sight glass for checking oil levels. It's ridiculous that it takes 2 people to check the oil. Is there a trick to it that you guys could share with me. How do you guys check your oil level. My wife is not the kind of person that pays attention to details so I don't like holding the bike up for her to tell me the level. She doesn't understand the importance of it being at the right level......HELP

:bang head::bang head::bang head::bang head::bang head::bang head::bang head:

I just use one of those telescoping mirrors, sit on the bike and put it upright and hold the mirror down there.

Been thinking about making a little wooden fixture you could just set on the floorboard, next to the glass, that would hold the mirror at the correct angle to see the window.

well... I just squat down on the right side of the bike, grab the handlebar (key locked) and gently tip it. no helper, no smoke, no mirrors, no problem. just dont try to stand it up totally straight. Only enough to see that your at a safe oil level. ps it's an rsv 2gen.

well... I just squat down on the right side of the bike, grab the handlebar (key locked) and gently tip it. no helper, no smoke, no mirrors, no problem. just dont try to stand it up totally straight. Only enough to see that your at a safe oil level. ps it's an rsv 2gen.

X2

Only I just gently pull the bike off the side stand and let it balance itself at center, carefully bend down and bingo.. Once you get the hang of it you will be surprised how easy it is..

I actually like the window, its those goofy bikes with the weep hole and no way to actually check the level that I dont care for...

My wife's Honda Shadow Ace Tour has almost the same stupid thing. It has a dipstick, but to get an accurate level, the bike must be upright. I can't reach the dipstick from the seat, so I use the 2 X 4 under the side stand.

I LOVE the idea of the mirror with the extendable handle for checking the oil on the venture, but my '86 VR has a center stand! Still, neat idea, and I happen to have one (mirror that is).

I just use one of those telescoping mirrors, sit on the bike and put it upright and hold the mirror down there.

Been thinking about making a little wooden fixture you could just set on the floorboard, next to the glass, that would hold the mirror at the correct angle to see the window.

Now this is a good idea. Not saying the others aren't too (except for the "buy a 1st Gen idea) Thanks all!!!

This is one of the reasons that I bought the Carbon one lift adapter with the legs. I can set the bike down, fill the oil and rear-end gear oil and the bike is level, with no helpers. Another reason to get in touch with him. I am planning on using it for the first time next week for fluid changes.

At one time someone was making a small mirror that could be permanently attached to the bike at the correct angle. One could see the mirror and oil level by simply looking down. However, IIRC they were for V-Stars. I wonder if something like this could be made for the 2nd Gen?