We just sold our first generation Venture and are looking at the 2nd gen. My wife's question is "how much heat is generated on the legs with the engine exposed (on the newer bikes)?"

TIA

Bob & Lisa

Salt Lake City, Ut

In the summer it can get pretty hot down there but you can use lower deflectors to move the heat away from you or in the winter, the lowers act in the opposite way by re-routing heat to your legs. Also, the use of Hi-Pegs is pretty good to get your legs out of the way of the heat. We just had a bit of heat here at 90F and it was not a real factor for me.

When I'm moving I don't really notice the heat on my legs. The only time I notice the heat is when I'm stuck in traffic. Then even the air deflectors don't help much. But either way it is not that bad. Certainly something I can tolerate long enough to get home from a commute, and has never been an issue while on a long ride.

Not as hot as on an air cooled bike. Like others have said; the only time I really notice it is stuck in traffic. The rider gets very little heat from the engine or pipes. Most of the heat in the summer is generated by the pavement and the lower farings protect somewhat from that. I realized this with my 97 RStar and when I added lower deflectors on the forks it decreased the hot air on me and passenger significantly.:7_2_104[1]:

My passenger's legs are hot all the time... and I ain't doing NOTHING to change that!!

:D:D:D

:rotf::rotf::rotf:

Same problem here

Not that I am complaining..... but I am pretty sure this is something I will have to live with....:whistling:

:rotf::rotf::rotf:

Same problem here

Not that I am complaining..... but I am pretty sure this is something I will have to live with....:whistling:

So, what do ya do with a hot long-legged woman who tends to wear pants most of the time? Gotta find a way to get her to show off those beauties more often!!! *snikker*

(not meanin to sabotage this thread here but it is about "hot legs"! )

I always look like I had a urinary mishap after riding when it's hot out. The lower fairings seem to block the air flow to the upper leg area. If I ride with my knees pointed outward it seems to help in the thigh area, but directs the wind upward to hit my eyes and/or blow my cap off when not wearing a brain bucket. The wife, however, only gets hot from the seat. Poor me.

You know....these are for Harleys but I'll bet they...or even Beer30...could come up with something like this for the Ventures and Royal Stars. I wonder how much it would help?

http://www.rjsoriginals.com/

A friend of mine has a setup similar to this, only in smoke Plexiglas, on his HD Roadglide and he swears by them.

I don't know how easily they might adapt. But hey, a 2nd gen wants to be an HD anyway, right!?!?! :witch_brew: :rotfl:

Hey SilverT

That was easy I took her for a long ride and stopped at a Kohles department store, went in and said find something daisy style or I won't start the bike again:stirthepot:.

After I recovered from the beating:confused24:

I enjoyed the ride home with extra hot legs:cool10:

Hey Silver T :thumbsup2::thumbsup2::thumbsup2::thumbsup2:

Those are the good kind of hot legs!

However, on my 86, the one thing that I don't like is the heat on MY legs.

I'm going to look for some silver insulation (or something like that) that I can glue on the inside of the side panels for added heat reduction.

Steve

Here in Oz where I live, summer temps go way over 100degF for days on end. Makes riding damned unbearable at the best of times on ANY bike - but I found on my RSV it's intolerable. Fixed it pretty cheaply though, with a set of highway pegs. No heat problems for the pillion-in-a-million though.