I was thinking the same thing. I put on a set of highway pegs yesterday. This next week I'll see how they do the job.

I'm taking off for the salt flats on Fri.

Chaps are way too hot for me. I'll use mine only if my legs get cold.

Steve

I know a couple of guys who had boots made with tall tops and heat shields built into the boots. One of them rides a Boss Hoss with a Chevy 350 engine in it and the headers are right by his legs, says he has no problem now. Whatever blows your dress up.:mo money:

I removed Protector 1 and Protector 2 (the plastic wind deflectors that are installed on the bottom of the fairing [parts 41 and 42 from page F11 of the parts book]) and WOW did I see increased air flow!!!!

When the weather gets cooler, I will re-install them.

If you remove your's be advised that there are 3 screws in each of them and the top screw is smaller.... DONT put one of the bigger screws in the top hole.

I stored the parts in seperate zip-lock bags.

I removed Protector 1 and Protector 2 (the plastic wind deflectors that are installed on the bottom of the fairing [parts 41 and 42 from page F11 of the parts book]) and WOW did I see increased air flow!!!!

If you remove your's be advised that there are 3 screws in each of them and the top screw is smaller.... DONT put one of the bigger screws in the top hole.

Now - there's a clever idea!:biker:

I have done that also. The one draw back I found is that if you do get caught in any rain it sure throws it up in your face. Other than that, it sure helps in the Texas heat.

I don't look forward to the rain in the face issue...

I wish the deflectors were able to extend/retract from the fairing at will..... here is an idea for some parts maker. I volunteer to beta test a pre-production set......:cool10:

I do wish that the Radiator was mounted BEHIND the driver... or that the airflow from the radiator was directable like on Honda's Gold Wing, but I paid a LOT less for this bike than I would have paid for a Gold Wing.....

Pics, as promised. I keep mine at about a 45° angle to direct fresh air into my lower legs. I'm sure I'll be closing them in right alongside the cowl once the temperature drops (haven't had the RSV in cold weather yet).

Ooooooooh now i see. I guess you cant have both deflector and highway pegs though. They look like they let in alot of air to cool off the rider.

Ooooooooh now i see. I guess you cant have both deflector and highway pegs though. They look like they let in alot of air to cool off the rider.

I had a set of Kuryakyn Dually pegs with the Longhorn Offset mounts... just couldn't get a good mounting position because they would be in the way of the deflectors. I've ordered just the 1" clamps with the clevis mount for the pegs (basically, getting rid of the Longhorn's "arm"). They should arrive by the end of the week. If I can get them mounted in a comfortable position, without interfering with the path of the deflectors, I'll post some pics.

I had a set of Kuryakyn Dually pegs with the Longhorn Offset mounts... just couldn't get a good mounting position because they would be in the way of the deflectors. I've ordered just the 1" clamps with the clevis mount for the pegs (basically, getting rid of the Longhorn's "arm"). They should arrive by the end of the week. If I can get them mounted in a comfortable position, without interfering with the path of the deflectors, I'll post some pics.

alrighty then thanks

Yes you can. I have both. I have the Kuryakyn Offset Dualies. Part number I think is 7976 and others will work as well, just takes a little time to adjust them properly.

Yes you can. I have both. I have the Kuryakyn Offset Dualies. Part number I think is 7976 and others will work as well, just takes a little time to adjust them properly.

Do you have any pics? I turned & twisted & tweaked and couldn't find a good way to mount the Kury Dually with Longhorn Offsets that didn't have them in the swing path of the lower wind deflectors. I'm curious to see how yours are mounted.

Ok.... having started this nice thread, I can now bring it to a close for me anyway. We bought a 2000 RSV and drove it through the furnace called I-80 from N. Calif back to SLC. Ut. 100+ on the desert. I can not say enough about those water vests. Saved my bacon out there.

Hot legs from the engine was not an issue for us, even in jeans. Heat from the freeway... well, can't do nothin' 'bout that. I am impressed at the airflow around these bikes. Wish I had a shorty windshield however. The one on the bike is a Tusa tall and wide. Will be nice in weather.

So we moved up from the Venture Royale to the RSV and I think I'm going to like this ride... soon as I do some tweaks. Can't leave nothin' stock in this house. I think the first thing to go will be the BUBs. I can not risk damaging my hearing (what is left of it at 50+) due to my profession. I am going to pack them first... that fails, then I'm looking for HD pipes. The dealers here are jerks so I'll be looking elsewhere.

Thanks for the input. We to have a riding disorder and are proud of it.

Do you have any pics? I turned & twisted & tweaked and couldn't find a good way to mount the Kury Dually with Longhorn Offsets that didn't have them in the swing path of the lower wind deflectors. I'm curious to see how yours are mounted.

I took some pictures today and will try and post them here. Hope they help. You might not have full range of adjustment of the rider pegs with the deflectors but should be able to get pretty close.

I took some pictures today and will try and post them here. Hope they help. You might not have full range of adjustment of the rider pegs with the deflectors but should be able to get pretty close.

Thanks for the pics! Unfortunately, that positioning doesn't let me stretch out comfortably. I just mounted my dually pegs with the clevis that hooks directly to the 1" bar clamp. I only took it out for a spin around the neighborhood; it'll have to wait til the weekend for a long highway ride to see if this positioning works for me.