IGNORED

Finance, Buy a new Bike, ???

GeorgeS

Ahhhh what to do ? ? After much thought, I'm staying in Gold Stocks until the maddness washes out.

I paid off my " Last Bill " last week, first time in 50 years I don't owe anybody a Penny !!! I wrote that last check, and I have never felt so good in my entire life!!!

( Yes, the house is paid for too, whatever its still worth, I'm afraid to check on that )

Three Cheers for " Rick Santellie " !!!

For a very short time (about 6 months) when I was self employed, I had all my debts paid off and was able to pay cash for things. Geeeesh...I doubt I'll ever see those days again but I do recall how sweet the feeling was...now, I just sign my cheque and let everyone take their share LOL I do manage to keep enuf aside for gas, smokes and rum tho!

:sign20:

Trying to squeeze a bike payment out of a retirement check. It don't look possible. Guess it will be 1st Gens for me. Now how did I get that lucky???:whistling:

Yup!! keep your eye out for a low milage 1300 CC Engine, to throw into the old bike and just keep on truckin !!! And stay on top of the Maintenance Liibrary !!!

I think I might start looking next year.

Well how bad do want a Royal Star Venture and you can save a lot of money by getting a used one and I see a lot of nice used Ventures for sale. Now if you find a used Venture that fits your fancy get a personal loan and benafit of doing that way is you have full title to the bike! No lean.

Ahhhh what to do ? ? After much thought, I'm staying in Gold Stocks until the maddness washes out.

I paid off my " Last Bill " last week, first time in 50 years I don't owe anybody a Penny !!! I wrote that last check, and I have never felt so good in my entire life!!!

( Yes, the house is paid for too, whatever its still worth, I'm afraid to check on that )

Three Cheers for " Rick Santellie " !!!

Yep, I always liked Rick, he tells it like it is!! Ya going to the Tea Party? Craig

How long would it take you to save up the money to pay cash for your next toy?

Are you retired?

If so, you MIGHT think about a part time job to save up extra money for toys... something easy like school crossing guard, people greater at Wal Mart, etc... but don't take a high risk job like Explosive Ordnance Disposal, parachute tester or school teacher...

MrsSquid makes sure I pay cash for my toys.

What is your current situation?

There is a new 06 RSTD, at dealer about 12 miles from here, Black, marked down to $10,499.00. Its tempting---

I was over there looking at it about 4 months ago. He wanted $12,400 at that time.

(( http://www.i-90motorsports.com/new_vehicle_inventory.asp )) " new, non current "

I don't know, though, what is going on in the stock market this week, its getting pretty dicey !!

Bank of America, down to $2.50 a share, ???? I watched CNBC all this morning, and this afternoon. Seems like Everybody on Wall Street is shakeing their heads in dismay at whats comeing out of the White House. They weren't useing the words financial lunitics, but you could see it on their faces, and in their voices.

About 1PM, the White House Press Secretary, came out and Said, " Oh No, we are not going to Nationalize the banks " However I don't think Wall Street Believes it !!

George, just keep your Savings together and don't look at that underpowered 2Gen again!!

I've heard there are some very good Deals on brand '09 Vmaxxes out there ...

Might take a Look there !!!

Probably not as fast as the Busa on a 1/4 Mile, but up to 120 threre nothing which can hold Water against it.

I got three first gens in the garage and a new motor to.Retirement looks impossible now so it's off to work I go.GM stock down to $1.50 a share and lots of folks hurting.Our business is still doing ok but I did give Wall Street 6 figures of my retirement nest egg.

There is a new 06 RSTD, at dealer about 12 miles from here, Black, marked down to $10,499.00. Its tempting---

I was over there looking at it about 4 months ago. He wanted $12,400 at that time.

(( http://www.i-90motorsports.com/new_vehicle_inventory.asp )) " new, non current "

I don't know, though, what is going on in the stock market this week, its getting pretty dicey !!

Bank of America, down to $2.50 a share, ???? I watched CNBC all this morning, and this afternoon. Seems like Everybody on Wall Street is shakeing their heads in dismay at whats comeing out of the White House. They weren't useing the words financial lunitics, but you could see it on their faces, and in their voices.

About 1PM, the White House Press Secretary, came out and Said, " Oh No, we are not going to Nationalize the banks " However I don't think Wall Street Believes it !!

That '06 sure sounds very tempting. Depending on how much miles it has, you can still ride away with a great deal. So far, I do not have any problems with my '07 and it has served me well since October of last year...so far.

I bought my 06 and financed it over 3 yrs that way I can enjoy it now and it will be paid off when I do retire.

I cant imagine you retiring Rick, youll drive Nina crazy around the house, pacing with all the time on your hands....lol.

Maybe you shoulda bought the harley to keep you busy in your retirement so you would have something to work on with all that spare time.

Brian

George, just keep your Savings together and don't look at that underpowered 2Gen again!!

I've heard there are some very good Deals on brand '09 Vmaxxes out there ...

Might take a Look there !!!

Probably not as fast as the Busa on a 1/4 Mile, but up to 120 threre nothing which can hold Water against it.

But, you have to remember Squeez, we don't have " Autobahn's " here !! Hi Hi,

We have speed limits !! and lots of Police !!! About the only place in Washington state where its safe to go really fast is the Eastern Half of Washington State In the middle of Farm Land.

On the Western side of Cascade Mountains, limits are Usually 45 MPH, or 60 and 70 MPH on FreeWays. ( All heavy traffic on those roads )

The Bussa is Great for the 45 to 55 MPH Mountain Back Roads. I must say I am lucky to have Many Twisty Mountain Roads, In all directions from where I am.

Heads up, folks, Spring is just around the corner !! Get your tune ups done !!!!

Change those tires!, clean out the fuel tanks, Sort out your gear--- Almost time to hit the road !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:soapbox:

We have a Lot of limited Autobahn too George. I'm not often riding on the Superslabs, limited or not. Yes, it's fun emptying a Tank on fullt Throttle, but it's getting old after that.

Backroads are much more Fun and i live near the "Black Forest". My 1Gen Max is tuned for "go fast at Back Roads and cornering at high Speeds" and i just love it. There's next to nothing which can hold up with a well tuned Max torquing out of tight Corners, a little Sideways and with little blue Smoke coming from the rear Tire :missingtooth::missingtooth::missingtooth: Now, entering such tight Corners is Way more Work than on a Sports bike, but as my Friend Joe from Swiss says all the Time.... "It's a cr....y Job to ride a Max through the Twisties, but somebody has to the Job !!!"

The new Max seems doing well on these Purpose, still no Sports Bike on the Entry, but feels a Lot easier than my 1Gen Max. Very well balanced Ride, you even can't feel it's heavy Weight when you lift it off the Side Stand.

But you can have the rear tire blowing Smoke while the Bike lifts the front Wheel at the very same Time. As a huge Advantage, it almost never will snap into your Face when opening up to WOT in low Gear like your Busa does. Yes, you can do Wheelies, but the long Swing arm and the overall Data makes it harder to lift the front Wheel.

I cant imagine you retiring Rick, youll drive Nina crazy around the house, pacing with all the time on your hands....lol.

Maybe you shoulda bought the harley to keep you busy in your retirement so you would have something to work on with all that spare time.

Brian

heh... now who's gonna hang around the house when he retires??? NOT ME!

If I'da bought the Harley, I'd be 70 before it was paid off and I ain't waiting that long to retire LOL

Guest Oldsalt

I was by there a couple of months ago and he offered me the same bike for $10K. These guys do my service on my V*1100 but I was a little concerned when the salesman tried to tell me the bike for $10K was a RSV. Kind of got the feeling big baggers was not his specialty. But it was a nice price.