Jump to content
IGNORED

New 10mm


tufftom4
 Share

Recommended Posts

Tell you how un-learned I am on shooters. I didnt even know they made a 10mm shootin iron. Hard enough to find "regular" gun ammo much less something like that I would imagine.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, djh3 said:

Tell you how un-learned I am on shooters. I didnt even know they made a 10mm shootin iron. Hard enough to find "regular" gun ammo much less something like that I would imagine.

The 10mm was the predecessor to the .40 mainly used by the FBI.  That’s what I recall when I bought my .40 years ago. Because it’s less common I was wondering if it’s actually easier to find right now.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, Pasta Burner said:

The 10mm was the predecessor to the .40 mainly used by the FBI.  That’s what I recall when I bought my .40 years ago. Because it’s less common I was wondering if it’s actually easier to find right now.

Correct, the FBI put out ballistic requirements after the 1986 Miami shooting and were testing 9mm, .45 ACP and some .38 Spc +P when the agent in charge threw his own 10mm pistol into the mix.  FBI requested S&W make a lower velocity round based on their existing 4500 series handgun.

My local Cabela's is like watching hyenas pounce on a kill when 9mm, .45ACP & .22 gets put out on the shelf.  There is typically stock of .40S&W or 10mm on the shelf.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 2/7/2021 at 3:01 PM, bpate4home said:

Hopefully its not like other 10mm and goes missing LOL

When I first saw the post title I thought it was going to be some kind of a fancy wrench or socket for the bike tool box or a meme about 10mm wrench. And I’m a gun guy, lol.

I carry an XD40 for CCW.

 

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, RoTorKev said:

When I first saw the post title I thought it was going to be some kind of a fancy wrench or socket for the bike tool box or a meme about 10mm wrench. And I’m a gun guy, lol.

I carry an XD40 for CCW.

 

Same.  About the post title, I was thrown too. My carry is PK380 or Super Carry Ultra Custom.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

 

2 hours ago, MonsterBiker said:

Most days I carry my M&P Shield in 9mm......but occasionally I feel like changing it up and strap on my Smith & Wesson 686 Plus .357 Magnum.

Don’t know what barrel you’re running but that must be a trick to conceal. 😉

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 2/12/2021 at 12:15 PM, RoTorKev said:

 

Don’t know what barrel you’re running but that must be a trick to conceal. 😉

3"

Actually not hard with the right holster and an un-tucked shirt.  I have a custom kydex holster made by a friend of mine that keeps it tucked up nice and close.

 

IMG_20200330_140119.jpg

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 2/7/2021 at 12:58 PM, tufftom4 said:

I have a new Rock Island M1911 A1 10mm I am going to take it to the range with my Springfield 1911 .45 ACP with a match grade barrel and do a comparison between them.

10mm.jpg

1911.jpg

I like it.  A lot of the 10mm ammo has been down loaded.   So if  you want full enjoyment buy the good stuff.  Underwood is one of the full power.  I am sure any of the premium loads won't let you down.  I just recently got into the 10mm game.  Been thinking of joining for years. I finally did last year. 

Enjoy

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...