IGNORED

What a day

Woody

So last night while we were eating we decided my Mother and Father in-law, Grandson and his fiance, Trina and myself would go for a bike ride today. Grandson says he has a fuel leak on his 1994 Honda shadow VLX well I say just bring it over and early and we will look at it so he shows up at 0700 and we had to replace the fuel line put the tank back on and he is ready. the in-laws show up and have breakfast and off we go but wait where is the in-laws at, he calls me on the phone and tells me the battery is dead so I ask the usual question is the kill switch on and I hear it crack up. we go about two miles and stop so everyone can top off with gas. then his bike will not turn over I say check the switch, nope that's not the problem and my grandson says mine won't crack with the kick stand down and my father-in-law turns a pretty shade of red, yep put the kick stand up and the bike fired right up. As if this was not enough about five miles down the road I tell Trina her Mother is falling a sleep she says no she is just talking to her Dad and I say no they have intercom she does not have to lean forward something is wrong so I speed up to catch them and Wayne has reached back and was trying to catch her. He got stopped and I ran up and held her on the bike so he could let go and get off, she had past out. well to shorten an already long story a few days ago the doctor added another pill to her smorgasbord of pills and her blood pressure had dropped. we sent the grandson to get our car and got her home. thank goodness she is back up and telling us what to do again so all is well. I think the next time I want to ride I'll not tell anyone.

We figured out what happened, the new medication was to help her with shaking but we did not realize that it would also lower her blood pressure and since she was already taking blood pressure meds her blood pressure dropped to low. After we seen she was going to be alright Trina stayed home with her and let her Dad get some riding therapy in. We rode about a hundred miles and came home to find her sitting up eating and drinking coffee. So after getting us something to eat Trina and myself took a ride so I got a double dose and we all feel better. :biker:

You have to be really careful with blood pressure medicine. My doctor prescribed some for me several months ago and it was a fairly low dose but was too much. I installed a stairlift one morning and was on the way home when I almost passed out while driving. Pulled over to the side of the road and sat for a while. Finally felt I could make it on home but had to pull over twice more before getting there. Finally got home an checked my blood pressure and it was way too low. Don't remember for sure but something like 65 over 40.