IGNORED

Major announcement....back by popular demand....the 2017 Ontario Rally !!!!

XV1100SE

Mark your calendars kids ! Thursday July 20th to 23rd.

The rally will be held at the same location as last year.

The motel has 16 rooms available, large fire pit... camping at the same location so everyone is together in one spot. Reasonable rates, and bike friendly owners. Last year the owner (Ray) had his son come to the fire pit to play guitar for us !

The town of Minden has several good restaurants, Tim Hortons', Canadian Tire, AND Kawartha Dairy (ICE CREAM !!! )

Book your room ASAP !!!! (clean, bit rustic....but clean and very comfortable beds), camp site, cottage, RV.... (I'm posting LAST years rates)

South Wind Motel and Campground

6254 County Rd 121

Minden, Ontario

K0M 2K0

705 286 2152

Toll Free : 866-356-6835 (not sure if the 866 number is working)

http://www.southwindmotel.ca/accommodations.html

http://mapq.st/1PMq3E2

Reservations would be made as part of the Venture Rider group.

http://www.southwindmotel.ca/index.html

Onsite Fish and Chips wagon

Minden's Famous"Gramma's Fish and Chips" has become apart of the South Wind Motel & Campgrounds, and can't wait to serve you.

Located a minute away from the farthest of rooms, Margaret and her staff look forward to serving the guests of South Wind Motel, and the passing customer on the road or trails, for a good meal. => good food, fish very good, reasonable prices

Motel Rooms

Good variety of clean, comfortable accommodations. All of our rooms, cottages and RVs have air conditioning, satellite TV, large 4 piece bathrooms, microwave and fridge.

Our regular rooms with 1 queen, or 2 twins are $65-80

Our efficiencies are large- 20' x24' ! They offer 2 queen beds, kitchen with fridge, stove or hotplate and sink, microwave, dishes and pots and pans.

These rooms are $80-96.00 per night for up to 4 persons. Extra persons are $5 each.

We also have 2 regular efficiencies, perfect for 1 or 2 persons, with beautifully pined walls and 1 queen bed for $73.-84.00 per night. => clean, rustic rooms. Memory foam mattresses, very comfortable

Camping

We have full service RV sites for $37. per night, electric/water sites for $30 - $34 and unserviced tent sites for $25.00 per night. Rates are for 2 adults and up to 2 children. Additional persons are $5.00 each, max. 6 persons, or 4 adults per site. We offer spacious pull thru sites with 15 or 30 amp service.

You can tent alongside the pond in a quiet, charming setting, and access ATV trails from the campground. Flush toilets and free hot showers are available as well as laundry facilities. Firewood and ice are sold at the office. => ask for an upper site. Lower sites are more for truck or ATV access.

RV

Our luxury RV rentals offer the unique experience of camping with all the amenities of the motel rooms! We have 3 different large park models with double or queen bed in 1 room, 2 twin beds in another, with kitchen and living room in between. Our Rvs have large tip-out areas, making them very spacious.

These units are $80- 96.00 per night for up to 4 persons. Extra persons or pull out $5 each.

All RVs have air conditioning and furnaces, and feature large fridges, 4 burner stoves, microwaves, showers and bathtubs as well as satellite TV and gas BBQ. All bedding and towels are supplied.

Cottage (will accommodate up to 8 people)

The 2 bedroom cottage on site is unique- completely round! It offers 2 double beds and 2 twin beds, double pull out couch, kitchen, bathroom and living room. The spacious kitchen is equipped with dishes, pots and pans, full size fridge, stove and microwave. A barbeque is also found in front of this incredible room.

The Cottage rate is $149.00 per night, minimum two night stay for up to 8 people).

Cancellation Policy

We do not overbook our rooms or sites. Your reservation is guaranteed when we have confirmed your credit card . On reservations cancelled less than 3 full days prior to arrival date, you will be billed for any part of your stay within the 48 hours unless we rebook the room or site. A Friday morning cancellation for a weekend booking will result in Friday and Saturday booked to your card. This also applies to reservations made on the same date as arrival or reservations made with less than 48 hours to arrival time.

http://www.venturerider.org/forum/calendar.php?do=getinfo&e=485&day=2017-7-20

Edited by XV1100SE

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cool!! I will give you a 90% chance we will be there, or at least me! We haven't finished out our summer vacation plans yet as there are a couple of prepaid things that expire that we need to use up. We had a good time, and I will attest that the beds were indeed comfortable! Maybe not the Ritz but are fine for what they charge! Units have refrigerator and microwave!

Oh Man! :doh: Carl's birthday is on the 22nd which means we gotta treat him all special like again :bang head:

But :backinmyday:considering the good times we had last year :cool10:I guess its a small price to pay.:confused24:

P/S thanks again Don for getting the ball rolling.:canada:

Edited by saddlebum

Important to call and make a reservation ASAP-

Reservations can be made now by calling the motel and saying you are part of the "Venture Rider group". If you get an answering machine, leave a message and they will call you back. They fill up fast especially for the summer !!!

To our American friends....with the Canadian $ so low compared to the green back it's a great time to see Ontario ! While in Ontario, extend your stay and visit Ottawa, Kingston (Thousand Islands), Niagara Falls, and even Toronto.

To our Canadian members...if you haven't attended one of the International or rallies in the States, time to visit one at home ! Meet members you've chatted with and put a face to the names.

South Wind Motel and Campground

6254 County Rd 121

Minden, Ontario

K0M 2K0

705 286 2152

Edited by XV1100SE

Oh Man! :doh: Carl's birthday is on the 22nd which means we gotta treat him all special like again :bang head:

Oh yeah....no wonder Carl told me to book the same weekend next year !

Sorry Carl....but ONE birthday celebration per member.... lifetime ! Besides.... I think Canada's 150th anniversary of Confederation trumps you !

Just booked a room. Can't remember what happened last time, so will take a chance on 2017, can't be all that bad, I did live through it.

Now the planning can start.

Saddlebum????? don't we have a January meet & greet coming up???? my goodness boy!!! do you have to be reminded all the time????

Just booked a room. Can't remember what happened last time, so will take a chance on 2017, can't be all that bad, I did live through it.

Now the planning can start.

Saddlebum????? don't we have a January meet & greet coming up???? my goodness boy!!! do you have to be reminded all the time????

Boy .:178:..I say Boy .:178:.. Ya Gotta pay attention Boy :178:.... :backinmyday: I posted dat almost a month ago....:doh: I mean boy I put dat in M&E's and on da calendar too Boy :canada:http://www.venturerider.org/forum/showthread.php?125351-Burlington-Ontario-6th-Annual-M-amp-E-2017

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

We kept it to a pretty general schedule last year. We provide a list of local restaurants...so people that want to have breakfast before a ride can do so. One ride per day...nice area to ride, very scenic. Dinner is the same as breakfast...pick a restaurant to go to either on your own or with friends. There is a fish and chips truck on site - good food, reasonable prices. After dinner, a camp fire. Some where during the day (probably after the ride) stop at a dairy for ice cream.

We also provide a list of things to see and do in the area so people that want to venture out on their own can do so. Lots of small towns in the area to explore for shopping or local events.

With the one location providing motel rooms, cabins, RV's, and camping....everyone can be in one location and mingle, put faces to names.

Minden has a Tim Horton's, Canadian Tire, several restaurants, quant downtown....

We kept it to a pretty general schedule last year. We provide a list of local restaurants...so people that want to have breakfast before a ride can do so. One ride per day...nice area to ride, very scenic. Dinner is the same as breakfast...pick a restaurant to go to either on your own or with friends. There is a fish and chips truck on site - good food, reasonable prices. After dinner, a camp fire. Some where during the day (probably after the ride) stop at a dairy for ice cream.

We also provide a list of things to see and do in the area so people that want to venture out on their own can do so. Lots of small towns in the area to explore for shopping or local events.

With the one location providing motel rooms, cabins, RV's, and camping....everyone can be in one location and mingle, put faces to names.

Minden has a Tim Horton's, Canadian Tire, several restaurants, quant downtown....

AWWWE and here I thought this was all about something else,,,,,'course I can't say exactly what, because nobody nose!

Most people want to socialize with other members so this gives people time to do this and to explore the area. People can choose what and where they want to eat, can tag along with others for meals or venture out on their own. Go on the planned rides or not...stay in a motel room or camp...but everyone is together in one spot.

Rides will be planned to leave at a certain time daily, with a different route each day. On the Sunday we'll have a group breakfast. Other than that...have fun, enjoy each other's company, enjoy the area.

For anyone wishing to keep costs down, Nancy and I have an RV reserved and there are a couple extra beds available. Reasonable split on the nightly cost.

If you haven't booked yet....do so IMMEDIATELY !!!!!

Ray has one room left (1 queen bed), the round cottage (sleeps 4, sleeps 6 with pullout bed), and one RV (has queen bed and two bunk beds)

Camping isn't a problem.

There are other motels in town but if you stay at Southwind you are at the same location as the other members.

Rates per night : (in Canadian $)

Round cottage - $159

RV - $96

Room - 1 queen bed - $80

Camping :

- no hydro/no water - $30

- 15a hydro/water - $35

- pull thru RV, 30a hydro/water - $40

The pool WILL be open this year !!!!

If booking a camp site, recommendation is to book on the UPPER level. We found that the lower campsites were a bit rough to take a bike down to them (loose gravel, rocks).

I have an RV booked and will have a couple beds available (singles) available at a split cost. We will have our Samoyed dog with us (crated at night).

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...