IGNORED

Star Motorcycles

MikeWa

If you want to send a note to Star Motorcycles about their exciting 2014 Venture here's the address.

http://www.yamaha-motor.com/assets/common/blank.gifhttp://www.yamaha-motor.com/assets/common/blank.gifStar Motorcycles Contact Us

Yamaha Motor Corporation, USA

6555 Katella Avenue

Cypress, CA 90630

Sales, marketing and distribution of Star Motorcycles.

Star Motorcycles Customer Relations

(800) 656-7695

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I guess somewhere down the line a name change will be in store when everybody starts dumping their old Ventures for a new ride, I know many riding 2nd Gens were patiently waiting for the 3rd Gen. Looks like the wait is over..........Bad move Star/Yamaha!!!!!

Ya know, they DO build something BESIDES the Vison (which by the way starts with a V and rides really nice). Funky looking to some, but its not a cookie cutter bat wing bagger neither.

The vision is just not right and the other bikes like the cross country have an ugly fairing. Let's just say I am not a fan of any of their rides. I like a traditional/ old school look like the Venture and Harley. Nice rounded features, not some spaceship looking thing that looks like it came out of a tupperware factory.

Well, I've only got 64,000 miles on my 09 so I figureit's got at least another 100,000 miles of pleasure in it. Besides, if a 1st gen can last as long as they have, the 2nd gen should still be good until 2030.

Victory motorcycles are butt ugly. I would by a Kawasaki first, Harley second and never consider a Victory. But that's just me. AND I am special.

Not sure what I'll go with or when but I do know it's not a Victory or a Hardley. I don't want a air-cooled, push-rod type 50's style engine... wait they are fuel injected :stirthepot::whistling:

Victory motorcycles are butt ugly. I would by a Kawasaki first, Harley second and never consider a Victory. But that's just me. AND I am special.

You're so special, you probably think this thread is about you... :stickpoke: :rotfl:

:sign just kidding: :You_Rock_Emoticon: :big-grin-emoticon:

Not sure what I'll go with or when but I do know it's not a Victory or a Hardley. I don't want a air-cooled, push-rod type 50's style engine... wait they are fuel injected :stirthepot::whistling:

No push rods in a Vic and they are NOT ONLY air cooled. In fact, the Vic engines do not run much hotter than the Venture does and overheating is a non-issue.

The vision is just not right and the other bikes like the cross country have an ugly fairing. Let's just say I am not a fan of any of their rides. I like a traditional/ old school look like the Venture and Harley. Nice rounded features, not some spaceship looking thing that looks like it came out of a tupperware factory.

So I guess a GoldWing is out of the question then eh? :whistling:

Oh... and I always felt the Venture with that CYCLOPS 50's style headlight was a bit on the ugly side and even more so with those out of place, protruding "passing" lights ... :rasberry: :witch_brew: :stickpoke: :Laugh:

I won't be waiting for Yamaha any longer. If I buy one in the near furture I'll probably buy a wing. Yamaha has really blown it by not taking advantage of the new vmax motor and updating the Venture. You can't make the same motorcycle year after year for 14 years and not at least update it some. I mean come on... A cassette player still and no ABS. That is just plain STUPID of their corporate staff to think they could even do that and stay competitive in the motorcycle touring market in today's times..

:sign yeah that:

No push rods in a Vic and they are NOT ONLY air cooled. In fact, the Vic engines do not run much hotter than the Venture does and overheating is a non-issue.

:sign yeah that: the Victory is definitely not a fifties style engine and the CCT has everything a touring rider and passenger could want. It is the benchmark right now IMHO

http://cdn.polarisindustries.com/polaris/vic/2013/images/model-photos/thumbs_large/crs_rds_classic_p1.jpgToo bad this is soooo Buck Rodgers looking. Or this one for heavens sake. Sure am glad my 09 dont look anything like this. :stirthepot:

http://cdn.polarisindustries.com/polaris/vic/2013/images/model-photos/thumbs_small/15th_crs_cty_tour_p6.jpg The bags and farings flow with the angles of the fender and tank. Not like big shoe boxs plunked on the side. Oh well to each his own. Just ride.

If we all had the same likes and dislikes we would all be riding one style and maufacturer of bike in the same color. Goldwings...not to my liking, Victory...not to my liking, Indian...love them, Harley.....love the style, but not the reliability, Kawasaki....like them. It's all a matter of taste. When I was in the market for a touring bike, I went to the International Motorcycle Show in Novi. I sat on every single touring bike. The RSV was my best fit at the time. I prefer the retro styling. I do not like the hard sweeping lines on the Victory or the tupperware look of a Goldwing. It's just not me. Not trying to offend anyone, it's what I like.