IGNORED

Life is indeed like a box of chocolates

steamer

Seems like everytime I grab one of those tasty little morsels I always get the one with the nasty tasting stuff in the middle. Well this week I got one with the creamy caramel centers. After 5 months of unemployment, during which time I attended and passed a CDL course on Tuesday, not ten minutes before I was to jump into the truck to take my road test i recieved a phone call from another company( not trucking related) that I applied to to come in on thursday for my second interview. Had my first interview the week before,didn't think it went well. So I go back to the trucking company where the school is that I attended and am told to fill out a application with them. Next day I get a call back from them saying I can start as a trainee sometime in the next couple of weeks...What to do, what to do? Well, I went to the interview with the other company ( big box retail company) this morning. The HR manager hands me a slip of paper with a hourly pay rate and ask me if this amount is ok with me. After picking myself up off the floor and pushing my mouth shut , I said I guess it will do. It was way more then I ever expected to be offered. Again, what to do,what to do? So I told her that I just got my CDL And she says, that's great we can use you as a back up delivery driver and a dept. manager.... Now I ask you, what do you think I did?......I start next week with the big box company.:dancefool:

Like the old saying goes... "when it rains, it pours".

I've had a few times when I've been unemployed and there have been those times when no matter how many applications get mailed out or interviews are attended..... NOTHING! .... and then all of a sudden, two or three offers come in and then it's "dilemma" time. Somehow manage to make the right choice tho.

Well congratulations. I guess all good things come to those who wait, but sometimes it's oh so long a wait between good things.

So you got your foot in the door and the only way you can go is up from there.

Again, congratulations, and the best of luck to you.

:15_8_211[1]:

So, ahh, does this mean you won't be available this spring when I install my new front springs, etc???

Congratulations!! Hope it works out for you! Employee discount??

I'm not working seven days a week. I think we can fit you in. Why does everyone keep asking me about employee discount:confused24:

So you got a new place for employee discounts???? wow, I would change jobs for that as well, good going,,,, now the question is,,, does this discount extend to family as well? I mean, I am family aren't I?

Congrats, and enjoy the work. Just remember, just because you now found a job, doesn't mean you quit looking for work.

So you got a new place for employee discounts???? wow, I would change jobs for that as well, good going,,,, now the question is,,, does this discount extend to family as well? I mean, I am family aren't I?

Congrats, and enjoy the work. Just remember, just because you now found a job, doesn't mean you quit looking for work.

No problem, I'll just tell them you are my crazy uncle....:crackup: