IGNORED

The Salvage Value Came In.

GolfVenture

The Salvage of my 91 VR came in at $300.00. The insurance co said that this value is non negotiable. $300.00 seems quite high when I passed up a 90 VR not running with all plastic intact for $500.00 this spring.

Go to my profile and look on the right side in my Album for several pictures of the 91 VR.

I would be interested in your opinion.

The Salvage of my 91 VR came in at $300.00. The insurance co said that this value is non negotiable. $300.00 seems quite high when I passed up a 90 VR not running with all plastic intact for $500.00 this spring.

Go to my profile and look on the right side in my Album for several pictures of the 91 VR.

I would be interested in your opinion.

Salvage value is generally 10% of insurance payout.

I would give $300 for it as it set in a second if it was close to me, just saying.

Gary

Just think of what you have in there:

$100.00 progressive springs.

$80.00 front fork brace.

Is the seat ripped ?

are the rear passenger arm rests okay ?

You put a lot into that bike with little upgrades.

Those are things you could transfer to you other bike, or sell to us :)

I think once you add up the values..it would be worth it.

Of course there is that nasty little distance issue between you and the bike...:shock3:

It appears that the engine and drive line are all good, ignition module carbs wheels tires.

I'll bet you can get a lot more than $300 out of it.

A lot would depend on what it will cost to get it "home" as to whether it is worth it in the end.

I got 3k out of the "Blue Beast" But it was a fight for 3 years.I wouldn't let go. when the settlement was finally made I told the judge to get the insurance scum out of the room before I left or he would have me back in there. Must have believed me. They escourted them out ahead of me???

Tell them OK find me a like vehicle for that much. I dunno if you think its fair thats what counts. I didnt read up o the tory liine so I dont know what happened or where. I know stuff like the ignition parts for a yamha FJ1200 are expensive. The ECM's go for about $150 and the coils for 50-60 a pair. If the transportation cost would be high than it probably aint worth messing with IMOP. If you can put it in a U-haul for $100 maybe.

Are you saying that is all they are willing to PAY you for your bike????:scared:....Or is that how much you have to pay to get the bike back.

To get the bike back for $300 seems pretty good....tires are probably worth 1/2 that at least and I'm sure there are other parts you can use on your "new" VR.

Are you saying that is all they are willing to PAY you for your bike????:scared:....Or is that how much you have to pay to get the bike back.

To get the bike back for $300 seems pretty good....tires are probably worth 1/2 that at least and I'm sure there are other parts you can use on your "new" VR.

$300.00 is the salvage buy back price.

I'm working on making some contacts so I can buy it back.

I get the salvage buy back and that is fair enough but...... they have made at least an offer to settle on the value of the bike right? Or they still working on that?

Mike

The policy states that the max value of the bike and accessories (due to its age) would be $3500.00 after the deductible. Something that was not clear to me when the policy was written. I pretty much thought it was NADA book value. Guess I ASSUMED and you know what ASSUMED means.

NADA book says $5075.00.

I don't think they are speaking "avg. retail". I bet they are looking at "trade in" or wholesale. But $300 seems worth it for you to buy back.. How many miles on it ? Just think of all the people you can help by selling the good parts off it:bighug:

I don't think they are speaking "avg. retail". I bet they are looking at "trade in" or wholesale. But $300 seems worth it for you to buy back.. How many miles on it ? Just think of all the people you can help by selling the good parts off it:bighug:

9600 miles. It was in Pristine condition. I'm so sorry to see that 1 less 1st Gen are on the road.

OK I missunderstood the $300 figure. I would think with the contacts here you should be able to recoup your money. Plus folks here would know reasonably that the parts are good. Something you dont allways have confidence in when buying salvage parts.

Just the motor and carbs are worth $800, and you know their history. $300 sounds reasonable. You might want to double check to see if the storgage yard is going to add on storage fee's. It might be a deal breaker. If $300 is the total, you could look into buying an El Cheepo flat bed trailer in Vegas and towing it back. You don't have to worry about standing it up for the trip.... :) That's what I did when picking up the '93 in Tucson. Bought the trailer on the way down in LA.....

Just the motor and carbs are worth $800, and you know their history. $300 sounds reasonable. You might want to double check to see if the storgage yard is going to add on storage fee's. It might be a deal breaker. If $300 is the total, you could look into buying an El Cheepo flat bed trailer in Vegas and towing it back. You don't have to worry about standing it up for the trip.... :) That's what I did when picking up the '93 in Tucson. Bought the trailer on the way down in LA.....

You picked up a 93 in Tucson and never stopped by to say hello ??? Geez..... :crying:

Well things are turning out pretty good. There will be no storage fee to get the m/c out for the insurance co and the storage co made an agreement for a 1 time cost for storage as long as it needs. The insurance co understood the nature of my injuries, that I would not be able to fly home for a good month or maybe longer and that I would be driven to Vacaville CA to recover for my daughter is an RN there. Also that the m/c was a total loss an the being that the title is at my home, handing over the title would be a while.

Now for the rest of the story. My machinest buddy (Goldwing owner) that made the cross bar and the left handle bar switch, said they are over due for a vacation to LA with some family and will drive his coach m/h to LA pulling my m/c utility trailer and pick up my 91 Venture. He'll probably borrow a family truck pulling my m/c trailer from LA to Vegas and back. Then on the way back pick me up in Vacaville.

This all good with me, except my wife was hoping I'd give up riding all together and sell the 89 VR also. So I need to get my wife's support of this.

I keep telling her that I'm a safer and better rider because of the accident.

You picked up a 93 in Tucson and never stopped by to say hello ??? Geez..... :crying:

It was a little bit before your time..... :big-grin-emoticon: but if Ida known??.... Spent some time visiting a friend down in Benson. Burned up a lot of ammo in the dry wash behind his ranch....

http://www.cast-aways.com/CONDORPICS/Sam-Side.jpg

Well things are turning out pretty good. There will be no storage fee to get the m/c out for the insurance co and the storage co made an agreement for a 1 time cost for storage as long as it needs. The insurance co understood the nature of my injuries, that I would not be able to fly home for a good month or maybe longer and that I would be driven to Vacaville CA to recover for my daughter is an RN there. Also that the m/c was a total loss an the being that the title is at my home, handing over the title would be a while.

Now for the rest of the story. My machinest buddy (Goldwing owner) that made the cross bar and the left handle bar switch, said they are over due for a vacation to LA with some family and will drive his coach m/h to LA pulling my m/c utility trailer and pick up my 91 Venture. He'll probably borrow a family truck pulling my m/c trailer from LA to Vegas and back. Then on the way back pick me up in Vacaville.

This all good with me, except my wife was hoping I'd give up riding all together and sell the 89 VR also. So I need to get my wife's support of this.

I keep telling her that I'm a safer and better rider because of the accident.

unfortunatly accidents always make us a safer and better driver as we get complacent with everyday things even when it involves safety we do get complacent with the safety checks we are all glad you are here to talk about it and you can tell your wife you have our support and gave all of us a chance to learn something from your accident and to pass on to those not on this forum

I totally agree that an accident makes all of us safer drivers. It is always a learning experience! There are two kinds of riders, those that have gone down and those that are going to. You have crossed over to the other side and thank God you are alive to learn from it! Yes, you now have a new respect for what can happen! It does give you a whole new perspective on riding! Just because you fall off a horse is no reason to stop riding and neither is having an accident no reason to stop driving whether it's 2 wheels or 4.

Of course I understand your wife's concern, she loves you deeply and does not want you to ever leave her!! You should be glad for that! But, by the same point, I understand your desire to still ride, all of us get that!!! My wife really lectured me when I went down about 10m years ago but luckily she understands and loves to ride as much as I do so she did not press quiting motorcycles. In that way I am a lucky man! Maybe if you explain to her that we all have a time and place when we die and you do not have a death wish juast because you want to continue to ride...

I totally agree that an accident makes all of us safer drivers. It is always a learning experience!

After my near miss last week I'm finding I'm fighting the bike a bit. Not leaning into curves/turns the way I was, jumping on the brakes harder than I need to when I see brake lights. Prior I was feeling I could do almost anything on the bike (proven by missing what could have hurt a lot).

Easy to get back on a horse after falling off but regaining the confidence takes a while.

28 years ago I was a passenger on a buddy's bike and we got caught up in an accident on the highway. I remember hearing Lots of squealing rubber all around us.

My buddy was killed. He hit a 4x4 sign post and was dead before we got to the hospital.

It took me about 2 years to stop tensing up every time I heard squealing tires...either from braking or acceleration.