IGNORED

We Are #1 Again

KarlS

Came out today that once again Flint Michigan is the most violent City is the USA. We fell to number 3 last year after holding the #1 ranking for the two years before, but took the #1 spot back by a wide margin over #2 Detroit.

It really isn't funny, it has got so bad around here. My Daughter was begging me the other night to move away from here, she said even if we can't move South she wants away from Flint. Two of her friends (14 yr old) were jumped walking home from the bus stop last week. Doesn't matter day or night the thugs have no fear anymore. OK enough whining, back to my corner.

Came out today that once again Flint Michigan is the most violent City is the USA. We fell to number 3 last year after holding the #1 ranking for the two years before, but took the #1 spot back by a wide margin over #2 Detroit.

It really isn't funny, it has got so bad around here. My Daughter was begging me the other night to move away from here, she said even if we can't move South she wants away from Flint. Two of her friends (14 yr old) were jumped walking home from the bus stop last week. Doesn't matter day or night the thugs have no fear anymore. OK enough whining, back to my corner.

I don't call that whining I call it pleading for our governments to get of there fat over paid AQQ's and do something about it. Our taxes goes up but yet our quality of life and security goes down.

My wife comes from a small town in Illinois just a stones throw from St Louis. We used to always cross at Detroit but the last few years crossed at sarnia going through Flint and Fort Wayne. I find what you said a little unsettling speacially now that my kids drive have small children and take that route to see their Grand parents.

Edited by saddlebum

I don't call that whining I call it pleading for our governments to get of there fat over paid AQQ's and do something about it. Our taxes goes up but yet our quality of life and security goes down.

My wife comes from a small town in Illinois just a stones throw from St Louis. We used to always cross at Detroit but the last few years crossed at sarnia going through Flint and Fort Wayne. I find what you said a little unsettling speacially now that my kids drive have small children and take that route to see their Grand parents.

Driving I69 thru Flint is no problem, just stop for food or gas before or after Flint exits.

I have lived in Cincinnati, Ohio my entire life. I do not know how it is ranked as far as crime is concerned, but I do know that not a day goes by there are not multiple shootings and murders. This is not the area that we live in, however it is in the downtown area for the most part. Usually, it is over drug deals and etc. It is sad that this type of conditions are occurring in so many of our cities across the country. There are some folks who would never consider going downtown at night. We do go down for certain events, and really have not had a problem. However, we are always aware of our surroundings to be on the safe side. I am sorry to hear about Flint being number 1. I sure hope that things improve for you folks who live there. It truly is sad.

Yama Mama

When I was a kid some summers I would go back up to Detriot and stay with my sister and her kids. I moved to Fla with my folks in the early 60's. By early 70's I guess Detriot and LA/Watts were in a battle for "the deadlyist city" award. Every night on TV seemed like right after they told how many of our brotheres were killed in Viet Nam they would give an update to the yearly murder numbers. 1 maybe 2 a day, now you sadly chucly that one away. Its probably closer to 5. Only thing we can hope for is that nature thins its self out and dont take many of the bystanders along the way. Meanwhile folks question Floridas gun laws and personal protection. Sorry I'l get down and turn it over to someone else.

I was born and raised just a couple miles south of the Detroit city limits, an area we referred to as downriver. I spent the first 19 years of my life there including the 60's and 70's. As a teenager, it wasn't safe to go downtown after dark. Even during the day there were certain neighborhoods that you knew better than to venture into. You might not make it out. I moved back for a couple years back in the 90's, partly out of nostalgia. Nothing had improved. That's why I now live in southern Missouri where life is as it should be, calm and peaceful (except for the occasional tornado).

The statement I'm about to make may get this thread deleted but as the comedian Ron White says, "I have the right to remain silent but I don't have the ability. I wonder where Al Sharpton and Jessie Jackson are. If they won't to do good why are they silent on this.

Its getting closer and closer to that movie where they jus fenced off whatever city it was and let the thugs have at it. Go ahead, use your drugs, kill off eachother stay the hell away from the law biding citizans and delete your population. Then see how biga boy you are.

Its getting closer and closer to that movie where they jus fenced off whatever city it was and let the thugs have at it. Go ahead, use your drugs, kill off eachother stay the hell away from the law biding citizans and delete your population. Then see how biga boy you are.

25 years ago the guy who filled my drinks in Dearborn (just East of Detroit) said his solution for Detroit was to arm everyone and after a week put the man left standing in jail.

I think this is the last week they have money to pay the police.

Rev. Jessie Jackson was in Flint less than two weeks ago. He had his little pep rally and then he beat feet out of Dodge City.

That church he spoke at was the same church that a week before a 73 yr old Women was pistol whipped, robbed and had her car stolen on a Sunday afternoon when she walked from the church to her car.

I'll probably get blasted for this or if the moderators delete it, I understand but sounds like its time for some vigilante's to go to work. Convicted and punished on the spot!! Or impose martial law and send in the military.

Hear you Karl, I was a Southy, lived behind old Fisher Body. Unfortuantly, grew up on the streets of Flint, with the baseball bats and other stuff to do fighting. But we didn't steal like these punks today, and we didn't let chit come into our neighborhoods, it was rough, but good. In 96, we built a new home on ten acres, in Kersley District, but even there, it had thugs and drugs moving in fast.

In 98, one weekend wife kids and I went up north to visit family, and went over to some of there friends for a cookout. Next Door neighbor had there home for sale, we looked. Said to Charlene on way home, think we will buy it, she said for a vacation home, said No, tired of the chit in Flint, and don't want the kids growing up in it. She said, but we just built our home, and that one is way smaller. Well, Wife and Kids were so, so, so pissed at me, but moved here with no regrets. Kids, now adults, see the way things would have been for them and glad now that we made the move. Just worry about the rest of my Family and Friends down in Flint. Later-James

P.S. Sorry for the documentary.

The statement I'm about to make may get this thread deleted but as the comedian Ron White says, "I have the right to remain silent but I don't have the ability. I wonder where Al Sharpton and Jessie Jackson are. If they won't to do good why are they silent on this.

Because Sharton and Jackson are both jokes played on mankind.

hey Karls we have had a lot of people move here from MI some from your area flint and they love it down here i moved here from pa in 85 and have never looked back one disadvantage is the humidity takes a while to get use to one good advantage is most of the year (about 11 months) is riding season :322: :cool10: :cool10: :cool10: the southern hospitality is not what it use to be but is still good all the same schools area little behind compaired to northern yankee schools but are still good jobs dont pay like up north but are comprable to the cost of living and gas is now 2.95 a gal.

i have a 13 year old daughter and would never think of living where you do just a personal prefrence as i have been to flint a couple of times. oh another advantage to living down here you dont have to be reminded of the back ack every winter and 3ft of white cold stuff on the ground and the plow truck that just went by your car after you shoveled it out for the last 3 hours 6 hours total:rotf::rotf::rotf: i dont miss those days and my back thanks me for it every winter.

i hate to put it this way but you will not see them unless its white, hispanic, or asian on black crime it is sad when it comes to thatbut it should not matter about what race it is its crime period

I'll probably get blasted for this or if the moderators delete it, I understand but sounds like its time for some vigilante's to go to work. Convicted and punished on the spot!! Or impose martial law and send in the military.

most law abiding citizens are probably wishing for that to happen because the police are under paid under staffed and most certainly out gunned as for martial law it would have to be the national guard inacted under orders by the govenor that is the only military that can inforce inside the borders of the us it has to be a state malitia

Man thas what Flint Mi. is known for years.

Well this past weekend was 22 shootings on sout side of Chicago all at 'Buma's hood.

you are so right . but in the usa you can speek your mind . here you may have the:225: rcmp knocking on your door . why becouse you may have a gun and some one who speeks the truth is to dangeres to have one.

you are so right . but in the usa you can speek your mind . here you may have the:225: rcmp knocking on your door . why becouse you may have a gun and some one who speeks the truth is to dangeres to have one.

The RCMP are nothing more than a really bad joke, they are a bunch of crooked liars with the courts backing up their actions!!!

Here's my take on this mess, #1: The leadership around here and in this country has become passive I mean WIMP'S, afraid to offend anyone. I hear it over and over, well everybody is doing it, but they just keep picking away at morality on a lot of different fronts RE: religion, gay rights, immigration, ect, ect, ect. And I don't want to turn this political, I'm just saying nobody has the nad's to stand up for whats right. #2: It's bad and some people live closer to the mess than others, but you can limit your exposure to some extent by making good choices. Unfortunately the crud cannot be contained by a bunch of limp wristed politicians.

:rant:

Sorry to hear of this my friends. I am so glad that God has blessed me to live here. We are not even a spot on the map, but our crime has risen to.

DRUGS #1 CAUSE

I have my conceal to carry license and will defend my family and home until death. I do not like what has been dealt to you and your city. Our government should be absolutely ashamed. I am ashamed of their leadership, their laziness, thoughtless, carelessness, no morals.

I love the United States Of America, but people, we need leaders voted in to help these people in these crime stricken areas. No excuse for any one to live in fear for their life and family. There is absolutely no excuse for this...............:rant:

Fuzzy :usa: