IGNORED

New Mark's exhaust collecor arrived today

My Mark's exhaust collector is here. Hopefully a little bit more horsepower in it.

Nice construction, stainless steel. Needs some polishing.

Good communication from Mark, a little delay in getting it due to his workload.

He made it and sent it to me, before he asked for payment.

His email address is markmcpipe@gmail.com

Collector was $321.49 and $14.90 shipping.

Gary

Are you going to install plugs so you can monitor CO2 to adjust the carbs mixture like the guy did in the video? I've been toying with taking an old set of exhaust manifolds and doing that...

Yup, I just may contact Mark for a set !

There are already plugs in mine. Both front headers have them about 3" ahead of collector connection. The rear downpipes have them about 3" after they leave the head.

Rather small plugs, about 6mm threads.

I have checked them all to keep them from siezing.

Gary

Are you going to install plugs so you can monitor CO2 to adjust the carbs mixture like the guy did in the video? I've been toying with taking an old set of exhaust manifolds and doing that...

Yup, I just may contact Mark for a set !

Do you have a link to this Video??:confused24:

Warden is watching me close. Claims she is gonna close my bank account!! Don't need one if I am dead???:whistling:Sometime this "LADY" confuses me!!:bang head::bang head: I was just looking at the Blonde.....wonder if she has closed that account yet??:think:

Do you have a link to this Video??:confused24:
No, it is a DVD available on Fleabay geared at the VMAX carb rebuild but is applicable to Venture as well. This guy has a spare VMAX engine he "bench tests" and sets up the richness mixture. He does a complete step by step disassembly and reassembly instructional video. He also has one for the engine...

• 3 weeks later...

i found a website that deal with custom vmax exhaust. UFO's, affectionately call themselves.http://planetvmax.com/85-07vmax/exhaust/. they deal with 1st gen vmax. heres a video of UFO exhaust on vmax.[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cWgPCD1VSr4]1985 V Max UFO Exhaust Clip - YouTube[/ame].

i found a website that deal with custom vmax exhaust. UFO's, affectionately call themselves.http://planetvmax.com/85-07vmax/exhaust/. they deal with 1st gen vmax. heres a video of UFO exhaust on vmax.1985 V Max UFO Exhaust Clip - YouTube.

A VMax exhaust will not fit on a Venture in almost all cases.This is due to the VMax's do not have a monoshock like the Ventures. The collector is run through the area occupied by the monoshock.

A kerker header may work, but it requires removing the centerstand.

Gary

i understand. i was just saying the vmax collector is similar to the marks and should produce a similar sound. right?http://www.starvmax.com/index.php?option=com_community&view=photos&task=showimage&tmpl=component&imgid=803&maxW=974&maxH=584

WOW

While that certainly does look functional it certainly does not look efficient for either horse power or gas mileage. Exhaust flow does not like to make that very sharp turn around.

i understand. i was just saying the vmax collector is similar to the marks and should produce a similar sound. right?

This is a 2nd Gen VMax collector (1700cc) bike and not applicable to the 1200/1300 V4's in our bikes.

Sound quality depends on all the factors from the airbox to the exhaust tips. Cams & vboost have a large influence.

Gary