IGNORED

Canadians and Americans Pay attention

E-Fishin-C

Canadians & Americans

Hey, we can make a difference if we try.

How is it possible to ship food from China cheaper -- than having it produced in Canada

or at least the U.S.?

FOR EXAMPLE THE "OUR FAMILY" BRAND OF THE MANDARIN ORANGES SAYS RIGHT

ON THE CAN FROM CHINA .. SO FOR A FEW MORE CENTS I BOUGHT THE LIBERTY GOLD

BRAND OR THE DOLE IS FROM CAL ..

ALL "HIGH LINER" AND MOST OTHER FROZEN FISH PRODUCTS COME FROM CHINA OR

INDONESIA . THE PACKAGE MAY SAY "PACIFIC SALMON" ON THE FRONT, BUT LOOK FOR

THE SMALL PRINT. MOST OF THESE PRODUCTS COME FROM FISH FARMS IN THE ORIENT

AND THERE ARE NO REGULATIONS ON WHAT IS FED TO THESE FISH.

ALSO WATCH FOR PICKLES. A LOT OF THE NO-NAME PICKLES COME FROM INDIA .

BICK'S HAVE RECENTLY CEASED OPERATIONS IN CANADA -- DON'T BUY THEM .

Another example was in canned mushrooms. No-Name brand came from Indonesia.

Next to them were President Choice brand. Produce of Canada!! The P. C. went into my

grocery bag.

Also check those little fruit cups we give our children. They use to be made here in

Canada in the Niagara region until about 2 years ago.....They are now packaged in China !!!!

While the Chinese, export inferior and even toxic products and dangerous toys and goods

to be sold in Canadian markets, the media wrings its hands and criticizes the Harper

Government for perceived errors.

Yet 70% of North Americans believe that the trading privileges afforded to the Chinese

should be suspended!!

Well, duh. Why do you need the government to suspend trading privileges?

SIMPLY DO IT YOURSELF CANADA!!

Simply look on the bottom of every product you buy, and if it says 'Made in China '

or 'PRC' (and that now includes Hong Kong), simply choose another product, or none at all.

You will be amazed at how dependent you are on Chinese products, and you will be equally amazed at what you can do without.

Who needs plastic eggs to celebrate Easter? If you must have eggs, use real ones and benefit some Canadian farmer. Easter is just an example; the point is not waiting for the government to act.. Just go ahead and assume control on your own.

Canadian Thermos bottles were made here for many years.. Thermos sold out in the 1990's and now the bottles, those that keep our food warm or cold are now made in CHINA .. We lost---about 200 jobs!

THINK ABOUT THIS,

If 200 million North Americans refuse to buy just $20 each of Chinese goods, that's a

billion dollar trade imbalance resolved in our favour...fast!!

The downside? Some Canadian businesses will feel a temporary pinch from having

foreign stockpiles of inventory.

Just one month of trading losses, will hit the Chinese for 8%, of their North American

exports. Then they will at least have to ask themselves if the benefits of their arrogance and lawlessness were worth it.

START NOW and don’t stop.

Send this to everybody you know. Let's show them that we are intelligent Canadians,

and NOBODY can take us for granted.

If we can't live without cheap Chinese goods for one month out of our lives, WE DESERVE WHAT WE GET!

Pass it on, North America !! I DID!!

Watch this link on Foreign Seafood.

http://www.brasschecktv.com/page/835.html

Also my wife said that Hallmark Cards are made in China. So she now buys American Greetings, made in the America.

We Did Change The World About 50 Years Ago By Buying, Made In Japan, One Purchase At a Time.

We Can Change The World Again, Yes We Can. One Purchase At a Time.

Buy Made in America or Made in Canada.

CUPE (Canadian union of public employees) proposed their members buy everything possible as local as possible. Be that apples or milk or fish. If we go to a local fish market we keep jobs local, we keep the store owner and their employees as well as the fisher and it's crew and the mechanic that tunes his engine. Same with the dairy farmer and the truck driver that delivers his milk to the producer.

CUPE calls it the 10% shift...... http://www.cupe.bc.ca/news/commentary/1620

The biggest problem with trying to purchase ONLY USA or Canadian products is they often cost a LOT more and some of us just don't have that kind of cash to spend. If you total it up for an entire year, it's in the thousands, especially if you're talking clothing.

I always try to purchase local goods, especially when they are in season, but more and more often they are putting their prices out of my reach so they are putting THEMSELVES out of business.

Some of you may argue but things are MUCH more expensive in Canada, even a loaf of bread or a carton of milk, than they are in USA (with some exceptions, of course) as we noted when we travelled the US via truck and purchased clothing and groceries there. The minute you cross the border, prices drop like crazy.

You're not going to change the world at this stage of the game, IMHO, because the world is too global and cheaper is going to win MOST of the time.

Great idea, though.

Below is my from post on STAR Touring in a recent discussion on air horns.

Remember when "It's imported" was exotic, not cheap?

I'm thinking the Stebel is made in Italy and the Bad Boy is made in China,,,,

Hey, both are "imported"!

My mom would say "it's imported,,,, it says 'China' " and then me give a smurk.

China can make good stuff,,, if you pay them for quality. But,, manufacturers usually don't go to China for quality.

They go there for legal knock-off's.

My company makes V-belts. We make a quality belt for, say $4, sell it to the OEM service group for $4.50, they sell it to a Big Box Store for $12 and they sell it to you for $24. Well, we can buy the "same" belt from China for under a dollar. It does not have quality and will have a short life (and smells like cat pee) but the store will still sell you the belt for same $24.

Can get even cheaper and worse from India.

Sorry, that got off track from horns,,. I will agree, they are look alikes but I don't think manufactured by same OEM or country.

Mike G.*************************************************************

But in the '80s, I worked for Blue Channel, the major Blue Crab canner in the US. High quality, great tasting canned crab, biggest producer in the US. Well, Tiwan canned crab meat came on the market and within a few years, we were also buying it ourselves and selling two lines, Atlantic and Pacific to stay in the market. Well, fast forward a few more years and we were out of business,, could not compete. Similar to what my current employer is dealing with today.

I don't politic it,,,, it's business. I try to buy the better quality product, and it will probably be "one of ours".

Mike G

Edited by Mike G in SC

But what is "one of ours"?

I work for the Toyota plant in Cambridge making Corolla, Matrix, Lexus RX350 and the RAV4. We have our own stamping plant and plastics plant. Employ 6,000+ and has a big boom to the local economy. I'd guess that 70% of the parts are sourced in North America. Is this a Japanese car or North American? Same goes for Kentucky/Indianna/Texus where Toyota has factories.

Big 3 make cars in Mexico and other places in the world... are these Mexican cars or U.S.?

Dell is out of Texas... but where do they get their components? To be competitive, they source parts from all over the world? Harley... we all know they source parts from China as well but are they "made in the U.S.A"? Weren't they threatening to move out of Milwaukee?

You look at a can of mushrooms in the grocery store and the majority of shoppers would choose the cheaper one. You want North American, you have to be willing to pay for it. Our labour rates are more than Mexico, China, Japan. What hurts them the most is the exchange rates. That has been one of the deciding factors for Honda and Toyota on building cars where they sell them.

Not disagreeing with "buy made in North America"... but how many people will do this when it hits their wallet? Or what about when you can no longer buy made in North America? Where is RCA today or clothing/shoes?

Canadians & Americans

Hey, we can make a difference if we try.

How is it possible to ship food from China cheaper -- than having it produced in Canada

or at least the U.S.?

FOR EXAMPLE THE "OUR FAMILY" BRAND OF THE MANDARIN ORANGES SAYS RIGHT

ON THE CAN FROM CHINA .. SO FOR A FEW MORE CENTS I BOUGHT THE LIBERTY GOLD

BRAND OR THE DOLE IS FROM CAL ..

Of course mandrin oranges come from China Mandrin China got it, sort of like American Cheese:stickinouttounge:

How many times have you bought a foreign product to save 5 or 10 dollars and have the thing not work right or break and have to go out and by the more expensive anyway to finish the job. Years ago I needed a new set of drill bits and money was tight, so I bought a less expensive set made in Taiwan. They would burn up or break half way thru a job, so I ended up buying a set of Black and Decker and still have them and using them to this day. Convinced me that less expensive does not mean it's not going to cost you more in the long run.

If we all tried to buy North American where we can, that starts the ball rolling. Made in Japan started the ball rolling out of North America about 50 to 60 years ago. What would our countries economies, import/export look like 50 to 60 years from now? It is a war of economics. Ask yourself whose side are you on and are you willing to make some sacrifices. I'm hearing more of this topic everyday and so the ball is rolling. Let us do our part for your neighbors, for yourself, for your children and grand children’s and great great great grand kid.

I read an interesting article the other day titled "Reshoring:American Manfacturing Jobs Come Home". It is in "The New American."

It included some of the only encouraging economic news I have heard for several years. The gist of it is this. A major thinktank, Boston Consulting Group, is predicting that a very large portion of the manufacturing jobs that left the US in the last decade are likely to return within the next 5 years. They are a predicting a major US manufacturing renaissance starting by around 2015.

They state that due to increased labor costs in China (growing by 15-20% per year), increased cost of bunker fuel, issues with poor quality control, long lead times, etc, etc, many manufacturers are finding that it is no longer profitable to manufacture their products there.

So,,, based on market forces that will almost always play out if our idiotic governments wouldn't interfere, it looks like things could very well start to swing back our way for both of our great countries.

:325: :63:

I sure hope they are right. It's really tough out there. We've been okay because I work in healthcare, but obviously a lot of people are struggling. Anyway, like I said, it's the most encouraging news I've heard in a long time...

It's one thing to buy American or Canadian to keep a few jobs here, but if by doing so we can help create a tippng point that will bring MILLIONS of jobs back to North America, that's something else altogether and should encourage us all to buy North American.

Better yet, just buy a used Harley. I guarantee you'll stimulate the economy all by yourself with all the parts and repairs you'll need. Of course most of the parts come from China, India or Mexico.

Here's a link, hope it works.http://thenewamerican.com/economy/commentary-mainmenu-43/9418-reshoring-american-manufacturing-jobs-come-home

Ride Safe,

1/2crazedbikr

The New American Christmas Tradition

As the holidays approach, the giant Asian factories are kicking into high

gear to provide Americans with monstrous piles of cheaply produced goods --

merchandise that has been produced at the expense of American labor. This

year will be different. This year Americans will give the gift of genuine

concern for other Americans. There is no longer an excuse that, at gift

giving time, nothing can be found that is produced by American hands. Yes

there is!

It's time to think outside the box, people. Who says a gift needs to fit in

a shirt box, wrapped in Chinese produced wrapping paper?

Everyone -- yes EVERYONE gets their hair cut. How about gift certificates

from your local American hair salon or barber?

Gym membership? It's appropriate for all ages who are thinking about some

health improvement.

Who wouldn't appreciate getting their car detailed? Small, American owned

detail shops and car washes would love to sell you a gift certificate or a

book of gift certificates.

Are you one of those extravagant givers who think nothing of plonking down

the Benjamins on a Chinese made flat-screen? Perhaps that grateful gift

receiver would like his driveway sealed, or lawn mowed for the summer, or

driveway plowed all winter, or games at the local golf course.

There are a bazillion owner-run restaurants -- all offering gift

certificates. And, if your intended isn't the fancy eatery sort, what about

a half dozen breakfasts at the local breakfast joint.. Remember, folks this

isn't about big National chains -- this is about supporting your home town

Americans with their financial lives on the line to keep their doors open.

How many people couldn't use an oil change for their car, truck or

motorcycle, done at a shop run by the American working guy?

Thinking about a heartfelt gift for mom? Mom would LOVE the services of a

local cleaning lady for a day.

My computer could use a tune-up, and I KNOW I can find some young guy who is

struggling to get his repair business up and running.

OK, you were looking for something more personal. Local crafts people spin

their own wool and knit them into scarves. They make jewelry, and pottery

and beautiful wooden boxes.

Plan your holiday outings at local, owner operated restaurants and leave

your server a nice tip. And, how about going out to see a play or ballet at

your hometown theater.

Musicians need love too, so find a venue showcasing local bands.

Honestly, people, do you REALLY need to buy another ten thousand Chinese

lights for the house? When you buy a five dollar string of light, about

fifty cents stays in the community. If you have those kinds of bucks to

burn, leave the mailman, trash guy or babysitter a nice BIG tip.

You see, Christmas is no longer about draining American pockets so that

China can build another glittering city. Christmas is now about caring about

US, encouraging American small businesses to keep plugging away to follow

their dreams. And, when we care about other Americans, we care about our

communities, and the benefits come back to us in ways we couldn't imagine.

THIS is the new American Christmas tradition.

This is a revolution of caring about each other,

and isn't that what Christmas is about?