IGNORED

Hot Dang! We Is A-Comin'

Aussie Annie

Well, as Minimuffin has posted in the sticky section...WE ARE COMING TO THE USA IN 2011

Have a rough itinerary worked out :happy34: and my Quike is booked with deposit paid to ship next year. My lawyer said "GO" so we will borrow from Alan's super if the claim is not settled.

MD at Freebirds' in Ohio is the first thing to celebrate with VR folk :sign yeah that: Then some touring (in car?) before making our way to Portland to pick up the bike, and purchase a used one for Quickstep. Hopefully we will find a dealer who might do a buy-back deal.

Then we wind our way to the International Rally in Cody. Room already booked--thank you Condor:thumbsup2: After that we will ride your great country, and see as much of it, and as many members as we can.:happy65:Remembering that I will need some days to just "veg" out and elevate the leg. :doh:

We would like to thank all who have offered places to stay (too many to list) over the time I have been a member here. Will certainly take some of you up on that!

But mainly your generosity to two people you haven't even met yet!! You are all helping me realise a dream I've had for year's (riding tour of USA)...........God Bless......................

Bent, Buckled, But Ridin' :australia:

We're excited to get to know you in Cody!!! Oh, and the list of offers of places to stay just got one longer. We are in the Salt Lake area and have room. You can visit the Mormon Tabernacle Choir and then go south to Zions National Park and Arches National Parks. Both a beautiful!

Dave & Jan

Should we tell her which side of the road we drive or just leave it as a surprise? We will have a place to stay here in Minnesota if'in you get to our neck of the woods. My wife spent 1 1/2 years in OZ and we visited Sydney area for a month back in 2003.

Looking forward to the OZ invasion. :yikes: LOL

Bubber

I've had good luck locating anything I need or want on www.mapquest.com or the Harley-davidson route planner.

Rand-McNally's make an Atlas that is good to purchase.

One thing you might consider is purchasing AAA RV Plan tow protection. They also have a route planner and will plan routes and provide maps.

Edited by utadventure

Should we tell her which side of the road we drive or just leave it as a surprise? We will have a place to stay here in Minnesota if'in you get to our neck of the woods. My wife spent 1 1/2 years in OZ and we visited Sydney area for a month back in 2003.

Looking forward to the OZ invasion. :yikes: LOL

Bubber

Bubber, How's it goin? No probs about the road, I'll just sit in the middle of the lane with my Quike..remembering which side when I turn could get interesting though :yikes: And after the holiday I could be in more trouble than Speed Gordon when I get back here! :crackup:

Thanks for the invite. Will you guys make MD or Cody next year?

Well, as Minimuffin has posted in the sticky section...WE ARE COMING TO THE USA IN 2011

Have a rough itinerary worked out :happy34: and my Quike is booked with deposit paid to ship next year. My lawyer said "GO" so we will borrow from Alan's super if the claim is not settled.

MD at Freebirds' in Ohio is the first thing to celebrate with VR folk :sign yeah that: Then some touring (in car?) before making our way to Portland to pick up the bike, and purchase a used one for Quickstep. Hopefully we will find a dealer who might do a buy-back deal.

Then we wind our way to the International Rally in Cody. Room already booked--thank you Condor:thumbsup2: After that we will ride your great country, and see as much of it, and as many members as we can.:happy65:Remembering that I will need some days to just "veg" out and elevate the leg. :doh:

We would like to thank all who have offered places to stay (too many to list) over the time I have been a member here. Will certainly take some of you up on that!

But mainly your generosity to two people you haven't even met yet!! You are all helping me realise a dream I've had for year's (riding tour of USA)...........God Bless......................

Bent, Buckled, But Ridin' :australia:

If you come through Central Illinois and need a place to crash you all are welcome at Shirley and my place. Plenty of room and would set up a meet and eat with other members for ya.

Rick

hi annie & quickstep

just remember ya'll have a place to stay here in texas. the texas bunch are looking forward to finaly meeting you guys. i know your dance card will be full, but we keep the bbq pit ready for some kind of beast.

best reguards

don c.

Michelin maps are awesome, used them many summers in Europe! Having said that, I've never seen them here, if they do exist this side of the pond you'll need to keep in mind that due to their detail you'd need an awful lot of them.

Annie, before I went in the military, a friend of mine and I traveled the US by greyhound bus, we had a month and a half and we went from New York to Florida, to Phoenix, through Oregon, Canada and back to NY through Michigan. We were on that bus almost every day! You can't see it all!!

Just a thought,,,, a little thought,,, maybe we can help out here somehow,, so here's the question: What sort of bike would Quickstep want to ride when he's over here, there may be one in the 'junk pile' we can resurrect for the occasion, or maybe we can even find one that runs half descent, with tires and all. So the question is: does it need to be bigger than a scooter, as big as a Wing, does it need to rock like a HD, how many bags will be required if any, does he want to tow a trailer? Just tell us what might be in store, can't make any promises, but we have time, so ideas can be worked on.

If part of your plan is to come through New York you have to let Big Tom , Bongo Bob and i take you around the Finger Lakes ( central New York)and up in the Adirondack mountains. Well be glad to out you up. Just ask Starfan about the hospitality here. hope to see you then.PB&J

Thank you one and all....you're gonna wear us out :sign20: When we arrive in Ohio we are working around the date of MD at Freebird's. And as he is so busy with work we are flexible. We will hopefully hire a car and tour around that corner (either side of MD) before heading to Oregon in July to pick up my bike, and buy second hand for Quickstep. Then Cody, and then off we go to see as much as we can. :sign yeah that:

ANNIE!

We now know when your planning to come to the states, can ya give us an idea how long your planning to stay? before you have to reurn the the land of oz??

life has not been the same since that house fell on my sister....

this may help us to help you with places to visit and folks to see and lots of miles in the mirror... mike