IGNORED

Gots me a V-Max

AmnChode

Well...a couple of months ago, the wife decided she was cool with riding her own bike and would be just has happy on the back of the Venture....So, she let me trade her bike in on a V-Max. I'd been eye balling a few here and there and last Fri decided to pull the trigger and picked me up a 2006 Max w/3600 miles on the clock.

Picked it up for $8k out the door...which isn't a bad price, but not a good one either....unless you consider the stuff it came with. It already had the engine guards, sport shield, frame braces, and a few other items that I am still finding as I work over the bike (just found that the previous owner installed a K&N air filter, a couple of hours ago). Also has a nice lil airbrush job on the lid that can be ....let's say...distracting, at times ;)

Been having a blast with it since, although I still have to get used to the seat position and not having a "real" shield in front. But, dang that thing is quick....Swapped out the grips and added some lighting up front. Half way through swapping the turn signals, as well....got the rears done & the fronts are waiting till this weekend. Previous owner installed some little signals, that while clean looking, don't light up for crap. Also threw a set of pegs on the guards to stretch out a little when cruising down the highway.

Anywayz, just thought I'd share:D

Well...a couple of months ago, the wife decided she was cool with riding her own bike and would be just has happy on the back of the Venture....So, she let me trade her bike in on a V-Max. I'd been eye balling a few here and there and last Fri decided to pull the trigger and picked me up a 2006 Max w/3600 miles on the clock.

Picked it up for $8k out the door...which isn't a bad price, but not a good one either....unless you consider the stuff it came with. It already had the engine guards, sport shield, frame braces, and a few other items that I am still finding as I work over the bike (just found that the previous owner installed a K&N air filter, a couple of hours ago). Also has a nice lil airbrush job on the lid that can be ....let's say...distracting, at times ;)

Been having a blast with it since, although I still have to get used to the seat position and not having a "real" shield in front. But, dang that thing is quick....Swapped out the grips and added some lighting up front. Half way through swapping the turn signals, as well....got the rears done & the fronts are waiting till this weekend. Previous owner installed some little signals, that while clean looking, don't light up for crap. Also threw a set of pegs on the guards to stretch out a little when cruising down the highway.

Anywayz, just thought I'd share:D

very nice bike. at the top the list of my all time favoites. just don't ruin it and deck it out with the touring crap. it's a hot rod. give it the due respect and keep it that way. exaust is the no.1 release of big power. lots of places to cut weight to. rejetting will really kick the quick responce in the but. they are really lean on the primary circuit. just like the venture. a little tweaking and 165+ mph will be there for you. my 88 pulled so hard the g-force would bring pins and needles to your face. enjoy that scooter. i loved mine. :clap2::clap2:

I always wanted a V-Max ever since I sat on one in 1985. Only problem was back then my credit was a bit spotty and I couldnt get the financing back then. Now my knees wont accept the riding position..go figure. Either way, yours looks great...enjoy!!

looks clean ....wolf in sheeps clothing ? local kid has one he lowered it shaved the lights put on 8 spot leds that are much brighter than stock..... .it is a tire fryer he cut 1/3 the baffles out sounds great...had the carbs fixed. when he stands on it, its sounds so good,, and hauls a-- ! he doesnt even try .....it will light the tire no issues.........:cool10:

Thanks for all the comments guys...

Snarley: Have no fear...the pegs and lights up front is about as far as I am going to go with "touring" gear. Needed the lights as I am a mid shift worker and primarely ride at night....and the pegs...well, when cruisng, I'd like to be....comfortable. :D

Mini: Yeah, she missing a few articles of clothing....so, I though best to not show a detailed pic.

Yammer: Wish I could....but have the same feeling, some might not take to kindly to it ;) Gonna try a pic up a new lid and customize it for general commuting use and just switch off. Right now, I just keep her covered with a small tank bag while at work....have a feeling, working for the USAF, I might offend somebody....damn shame though, it's nice work...the 2nd lid might still have a pin up, just a little more tastefully covered...

Humorous part in all this...the wife banned me from Honda Valkyries because I blew past her one day when me and my best friend swapped bikes for the day so he could take my Venture to his shop to get some new shoes put on her. Yet, she lets me pick up a Max:doh:

Vmax=Muscle bike. You'll get a speeding ticket without even trying. I have a V65 and always respect the power. I dont drive it fast at all. But, still its hard to go through the gears and not speed. Its just so smooth and when twisting the throttle, you just barely have to tweak it. I guess the Vmax is the same. Drive safely.

Great Ride, Congrats !!! !!!

Now, if you want to know how to sink another 8 or 10 k in it, just ask ... :whistling::whistling::whistling:

I'm allways willing to help a fellow Member out :bluesbrother:

After some serious Reconfigurations, my '99 handles much sharper than a good Knife. But still doesn't reach the '09. Doesn't matter, i love them both.

Thinking of just slapping a set of Supertrapp slip-ons on it....wife not letting me spend $1K plus on pipes just yet...maybe after next years tax return, though:fingers crossed:

But yeah...not too many mods at first....still have to get used to the power I got. Sometimes, this thing just scares me....hehehe:D

If you want to tame the Beast, go for the Supertrapps ...

They'll cost you between 8 and 15 hp, depending on how Much Spcers you'll use. Ok, the Sound may be good for some Folks, but they're very poor power wise.

If you want another Exhaust, allways look out for a System with an Collector, any Slip-On System loose Power.