IGNORED

Crashing Sucks!

pick

Dang, this thread took me back for a minute..

Sure am glad you are ok my friend. Had me worried there for a second.

Here is an idea to ponder...

If you feel the insurance co. doesnt make you a fair offer for you RSV, tell them you will ONLY accept that offer if they let you buy it back from them for $500.00 (or whatever price you feel is fair). Dont forget, tell them that if they sold it back to you, they WONT have to pay somone (a towing company) to come and get it to take it to the auction in HOPES someone buys it for scrap.

Then you can strip it and sell the parts off it. The wheels and tires alone are worth $500.

Another learning lesson that I had when I wrecked mine..

Not sure how much money you have in accessories or if you had extra coverage for them.

I had $500.00 extra coverage for accessories....even though I had a ton of accessories on it..Keep in mind the offer they give you is for a stock bike,.no accesssories included.

I told them I wanted all the salvageable accessories off my bike before they take it. At first the adjuster said no and that I only had $500.00 of coverage for accessories. I said you are correct. I picked up my smashed Garmin 550 GPS and handed it to him and said there, that cost me almost $600.. that means EVERY OTHER ACCESSORY on the bike is MINE..and I am taking them off...He paused, and said you are right, but you can not take any stock parts off. I told him I understand and we shook on the settlement. I was able to keep my bike for 3 days to strip the accessories off of it.

I had someone send me a bad rear shock and I swapped it out keeping my good rear shock and sold it later..I had a new battery in the bike and I swapped it out for an old battery I had sitting in the shed.

They still got a stock bike when I was done..:thumbsup2:

Pick, I am now going to need to call the attorneys listed on that billboard in the picture, because...I now have a hurt neck from staring at the sideways picture you presented. If your picture had been rotated 90 degrees to the right, then I could have avoided this injury. Now I have a bone to "Pick" with you. (ha ha ha ha ha)

Can you please explain the picture? Who hit whom? Is that coolant on the ground behind the car? Did the coolant come from the car, or another vehicle?

I used to do motorcycle accident investigations, many years ago, for Russ Brown, the big biker attorney out of So. Cal. I was in Nor. Cal, and anytime there was a bike accident that he was asked to represent the rider, I was called in to investigate the scene.

That is why I am curious.:backinmyday:

Glad you are able to walk away. I agree with Miles. That looks like quite a debris field behind the car. Were you pushed backward that far? Is that coolant from your bike? The car seems to be leaning heavily to it's left indicating some damage. Whew it looks like things could easily have been a lot worse. Again glad you are able to talk about it.

Mike