United States
    WV
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Texting

Now that I'm over 21 I watch closely to see if I'm slipping. Reflexes may have slowed just a bit but experience should make that up. I have noticed I cain't turn to look as I should be able to. Been busted up a few times. But I'm working on that. Off to the gym to try and loosen things up. 3 days a week. Might get something going.
    1st GENS RULE
    Faded Blue is the fastest.
    "Blue Beast" will live forever

United States
    MO
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yammer Dan View Post
    Now that I'm over 21 I watch closely to see if I'm slipping. Reflexes may have slowed just a bit but experience should make that up. I have noticed I cain't turn to look as I should be able to. Been busted up a few times. But I'm working on that. Off to the gym to try and loosen things up. 3 days a week. Might get something going.
    Yeah that... I need to start by going to the pool and work towards the other stuff. When I'm swimming I sound like a bowl of rice crispies.. but this weight is just making my knees worse. I would like to be riding a bike by this summer.. Haven't religiously rode one for over 8 yrs... Now that I don't smoke I am breathing alot better.

"Never ride faster then your guardian angel can fly."

United States
    FL
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The thing I find most frustrating about texting and driving is that the technology exists to stop it! I know most of you have heard about Poke'mon Go. well when you start this game it can sense how fast you're going and the little screen pop's up and says your driving don't play the game, of course the game has an override so that you can say you're a passenger but.

An app that senses any motion over 5 mph should be placed on every teens phone! Make it not removable and not over ridable. If you're a passenger you can't text either! Also if you get caught by a cop with a phone in your hand and you are over 21 well court ordered app install! Just like breathalyzer for offenders.

Several states have Cell phone laws but it is not a primary offense. meaning that the police can't pull you over just for cell phone use, they have to see other behavior or offenses.

United States
    FL
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Every phone has a GPS in them today, all they would have to do is make it so that once the phones GPS detects it is moving 5 MPH or faster it disables the ability to text and use the internet. I could care less if the passenger can't use the phone, to many people have died because of drivers that text, surf the internet, facebook or what ever else they do. I would even go so far as to make it so the phone function could not be used with the exception of 911 service.

These smart phones have only been around since 2007 and they did not have all the abilities they have today, but people act like they can't do their job if they don't have that phone pasted to their ear or they can't text every minute or surf the internet and facebook.

We all got along just fine before 2007 without texting, surfing the internet and facebooking and we can make it so those features are disabled when the phone is moving and people will again get along just fine.

5. Likes Drews liked this post
    United States
    IN
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Great adVENTURE View Post
    Texting is here to stay unfortunately. But don't worry it will be a lot safer when they iron out all the details with the self driving cars.
    But I have not heard of self driving Bikes, yet.

United States
    WI
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    292 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SpencerPJ View Post
    But I have not heard of self driving Bikes, yet.
    Jeff Borowski . . Had 88 Venture standard, now 2011 Silverado 4x4
    There are 10 kinds of people that understand binary, those that do, and those that don't.
    Sometimes the thoughts in my head get bored and go for a stroll out through my mouth (or fingers). This is never a good thing.

8. Likes SpencerPJ liked this post
    United States
    MI
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was just hit by a distracted driver this past October I've been riding for about 45 years now and the first time I ever been hit.
    , normally if I'm first at the light I'll I watch For traffic when the light changes make sure no one's coming in this case I was three cars down the line another words the light turned green and three cars had to go through the intersection before I got there I just happened to be the Unlucky guy
    Here comes some woman down the road like the light didn't even exist and smack me busted up Ankle busted up finger bruised ribs no fun still recovering, be careful out there everybody

United States
    PA
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I always wait a few seconds before I go, when stopped at a traffic light. You just never know who might want to beat the Red light. Even to this day with so many modern bluetooth technology already factory installed in cars and trucks on the road, I still see people using their phones while driving. Very dangerous for all of us.
    Keep On Riding!

United States
    KY
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A post from the past. The first reply on the last page was our old buddy Yammer Dan.

12. Thanks bostonlawman2003 gave thanks for this post
    Likes bostonlawman2003 liked this post
    United States
    MA
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by RDawson View Post
    A post from the past. The first reply on the last page was our old buddy Yammer Dan.

I sure do miss seeing Yammer Dan's name on here. Never did get a chance to meet him in person, but felt like I knew the man pretty well just from interaction on here. I've often wondered how his brother made out with the situation he was going through when Dan left us.

Prayers Up for Yammer!

United States
    KY
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bostonlawman2003 View Post
    I sure do miss seeing Yammer Dan's name on here. Never did get a chance to meet him in person, but felt like I knew the man pretty well just from interaction on here. I've often wondered how his brother made out with the situation he was going through when Dan left us.

Prayers Up for Yammer!
    Same as you I never met Dan in person but had fun jabbering back and forth here. His brother ended up with 5 years, sentenced in 2017 with credit for time served he should be out soon.

United States
    WI
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have a friend who used to do this. He now has a metal rod inside his thigh. He hit a car in front of him. The driver was an a-hole for brake checking him but if only my friend was focused on riding his steed then it wouldn't have had happened. The car's rear camera even recorded him texting.

16. Likes CaseyJ955 liked this post
    United States
    PA
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BruceyE View Post
    I have a friend who used to do this. He now has a metal rod inside his thigh. He hit a car in front of him. The driver was an a-hole for brake checking him but if only my friend was focused on riding his steed then it wouldn't have had happened. The car's rear camera even recorded him texting.
    I wonder if the video was even presented in court, if there was one.
    Keep On Riding!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123