IGNORED

Where to buy tires in Canada

greyghost

OK does anyone know of a good place to buy tires in Canada:snow2:. I am getting tired of getting ripped off for the price we have to pay up here in the great white north :crying:.

I am planning on getting a set of Avons for my 07:thumbsup2:

I will gladly order from the USA but most places can not be bothered to ship to Canada:confused07:

Why not just order them from SW moto and have them shipped to one of the members in Michigan? That's what a lot of us do. Or if you're vacationing in the States order your tires and have them shipped to where ever you are and bring them home.

What Gary says....or find a border service across the line and ship em there. Then drive down and pick them up.

Here we have a couple of places that have made a business of warehousing stuff for Canadians that purchase from the US. It costs me gas and 5 bucks per parcel.

You will pay pst and gst when you declare them at customs.

Buying from the US pretty much negates any warranty though so keep that in mind. It's much tougher to get a tire replaced on warranty should you need to.

My last set of Avon's came from Cruiser Customizing.......shipping is 10% of total order but I did insist they did not send them via UPS

http://www.cruisercustomizing.com/index.cfm?mc=100539

I also checked with G Bourque in N.B and their price was very close to C.C. but I don't believe they stock the Avon's and have to order them.

http://showrooms.canadatrader.com/showrooms.asp?Dealer_id=1104-1101&status=0

If you have any doubt about the avon's here are a couple of pic's....new and 9800Kms later. The stock Dunlop's only lasted around 11,000kms

Keith

Thanks guys.

I have picked up my own tires in the states before and brought them back and I have a uncle whom lives in Florida and has deliver parts for me as well when he comes up in the summer.

I was just wondering if anyone has a reasonable spot in Canada to buy from.

Thanks for your imput

Hi:

You can try Motorcycle-superstor.com in Oregon. They have GREAT prices on most tires and will ship to Canada. (they buy by the truck loads) (although shipping is not cheap). Or you can do what I did and have them ship to your hotel in USA (Free shipping in USA) when you are on a business trip and then carry the tire back as a checked piece of luggage when flying home.

It worked great, I saved about $100 on a Dunlop elite 3 rear tire. Both the MC superstore and the hotel were more than happy to take care of this. I had Air Canada and United Airlines check into this in advance and sure enough, a tire is NOT a restricted or hazardous item!! Of course, I did have to put up with a few smart ass comments in the airport but I had fun with it anyway.

I would definitely buy from Motorcycle-superstore.com again. Great service. They even have a live help line so you can chat with them.

Spaceman in Saskatoon:lightbulb:

• 3 years later...
OK does anyone know of a good place to buy tires in Canada:snow2:. I am getting tired of getting ripped off for the price we have to pay up here in the great white north :crying:.

I am planning on getting a set of Avons for my 07:thumbsup2:

I will gladly order from the USA but most places can not be bothered to ship to Canada:confused07:

canadasmotorcycle .ca go with michelin commender ll love them:301:

+1 on Pete's Superbike. I just got a new rear Elite 3 for my RSV from them and by the time I took into account all the various factors, it was only about $7 more expensive than the Motorcycle Superstore. And I didn't have to try to cross the border during tourist season.

Andy

This is a blatant high jack......

talking about Seaform.....

All the Canadian Tire stores in town stock and theur parts-only store called Parts Source has it too

At $12 a can!!!!

Next time I come stateside I'm buying it by the gallon!

Back to our regularly scheduled thread!

Well since folks are still reading/adding to this thread...here's my 2cents. Royal distributing...they have a tent sale in the spring and fall where the worst deal you'll get is the equivalent of tax off. They also have other great deals plus you can order stuff and pick up during the week longs sale and still get the deals.

I went for my second set Kenda Kruz (loved em on the Virago) and love them.