IGNORED

I can't believe some people........

VTirelli

I'm kinda POd and wanted to vent a little so bear with me..........today, I happened to pull over a guy on a Vulcan. What attracted my attention was that he had no helmet on and NY is a helmet state (No debate here OK??). Anyway...the guy had come over on the ferry from New London CT (CT is a no helmet state) and rode about 15 miles without a helmet before I saw him. We chatted for a few minutes and I told him he had to get a helmet on before he could go. Nearest shop to get one was about 15 miles away. I told him to call wherever he was going and have someone pick one up for him. I didn't write him any summonses as he seemed to be decent enough (Just kinda dumb since he didn't check to see if the states he would be riding through required helmets) and I left. A few hours later I got called to a local body shop (right up the road from where I had stopped the guy)where one of the mechanics had parked his Harley in front of the shop when he got to work and when he went to go home...yup...his helmet was gone!

One of the secretaries said a guy who matched my guys description walked into the shop and asked if there was anyplace he could get a helmet. He left and she heard his bike start up and leave.

I can't believe that this POS would pull this stunt.

I guess he doesn't realize that I have his plate number, as well as his picture from my

in-car video. Needless to say he has a message on his answering machine and the local PD where he is destined was advised. Hopefully they'll catch him wearing the helmet and lock his sorry butt up.

The nerve of some people.

hey vinney...there is always one dummy out there making it hard on every one else. he is the reason cops now don't have the leway to think for themselves and have to go by the book. black and white no exceptions. 4 weeks ago when i went down on the venture the tropper who worked the accident was kind and courtous to me and my wife. when he came to the er he had to give me a ticket because my insurance had lapsed and he apoligised several times for the ticket. when my court day came he was there and asked about me and my wife. that was a true public servant. he also gave me his home number and offered to help with the paper work i had to do after the wreck. but a-holes like the one you helped makes it hard for the guys out there protecting us to give that break when we need it most. thanks for what you do. steve:clap2:

I don't think the PD I called caught him, I didn'thear anything yesterday. I'm going back to the victim on Tuesday when I go back to work witht he in car vid to seee if the girl who saw him can ID him. Then I'm gonna do the paperwork, get a warrant and send it to Rhode Island State PD to pick him up. What's great is that even though he'll get relatively cheap bail from our court, it will take 2 or 3 days to go through the extradition process and then we have to send fugitive squad for him so he'll be in custody for about a week before he even gets here. THEN he gets to see MY pretty face and I think I'll hang the no helmet ticket on him just for good measure.

Its people like that that really piss me off..

He takes a helmet thinking he is saving $50 and he causes thousands of dollars of damage that the tax payers have to take care of.

1. the time it takes you to go back and do everything, victim/witness.. and the paperwork and warant.

2. the time of the other PO's to look for him and issue warant.

3. extradition process and then the fugitive squad.

4. then the cost of holding him in custody for about a week.

How much is all that gonna cost?? And what is the ammount he will most likely pay?

Costs alot i bet and he will hardly pay anything and the taxpayers pick up the rest of the tab..

Unless the vicitim had his name or ss number engraved on the helmet I don't see how he can prove ownership. Unless they have actual video of the guy lifting it. -Jack

You mean you could not tell someone an identifying mark on yours? I have a near new helmet, never been dropped, no scratches and always stored in the bag but i can tell you two things about it that would be a perfect identifier. My old helmet would take hours to accurately describe

I'm sorry but a sticker (or a bunch of stickers) or a scratch is not gonna stand up court. Any decent attorney would get that laughed out of the court room. At best it would cause considerable inconvienience and expense to the scumbag. You would need something on or in the helmet that tied it directly to the owner like a name, ss # or something similar.JMO. -Jack

I'm sorry but a sticker (or a bunch of stickers) or a scratch is not gonna stand up court. Any decent attorney would get that laughed out of the court room. At best it would cause considerable inconvienience and expense to the scumbag. You would need something on or in the helmet that tied it directly to the owner like a name, ss # or something similar.JMO. -Jack

May be laughed out for you, I did say there are no scratches on my helmet, so no scratches to use as identifier, nor was a sticker referred to. When I was shaping the inside of my helmet to properly fit my oblong head i nicked the lining in 2 places. Now if my helmet were stolen and I told the police what to look for and where to look that would be solid identification.Unless you unsnap the removable part of the lining you would never know it to be there. I was returned a transmission that was stolen from me simply by testifying to the bead of weld I told the investigating officer about. That stood up in court

I think thats the point!! If this jack*** thinks it easy to just Too just steal a helmet than buy one he gets what he deserves. A whole lot of headaches. Besides Vin is doing his job. How can you play dumb after a guy you give a break to does this. He has him on record, has him on Video and then responds to the theft. Would not be doing his job if he played dumb because its the easy thing. Get him Vin and maybe the dud will learn his lesson! Video record of the stop and eyewitness report of the perp asking for a place to get a helmet and then a stolen helmet should be plenty.

Simple ......DNA ! Only need a stand of hair , a drop of sweat , or skin partials from the owner .

BEER30

WOW... This Clown's from the Mini and he did'nt know NY had a helmet law... I guess he don't get out much... Me I can name just about all the Communist States with BS Helmet Laws...

As opposed to the ignorant Anarchist states without them?

WOW... This Clown's from the Mini and he did'nt know NY had a helmet law... I guess he don't get out much... Me I can name just about all the Communist States with BS Helmet Laws...

As opposed to the ignorant Anarchist states without them?

Ohoh, i hear it coming, just like the "FL Biker Law Thread" ...

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

All deleted posts and no play makes Maineac a dull boy...