IGNORED

Spot free washing

Alex

This product has probably been mentioned before, but here goes...I was told about this from a HD rider...Mr. Clean makes a system that gives (true) a spot free rinse. I used it all last year, and when I used it this year for the first time, I noticed just a little spottiness. So I bought a new filter for $6, and, presto, spot free. I don't blow dry nor towel dry...just let it set for an hour or so. I recommend this tool to anyone who washes their bike a lot like me. It cost $20 for the unit w/ filters & soap @ Wally World in the Automotive section. DA

Guest mrblanche

Get it while you can, it looks like it may be getting discontinued. It does work quite well. The filters last for 5 or 6 washes on a car.

• 1 month later...

Yeah the Mr. Clean works wonders on a bike. I used it on mine last weekend and was really pleased with it. I was afraid at first because the water was spotty all over the bike and really wanted to towel it off so I didn't get the spots. I'm glad I waited for it to dry cause it looked so purdy once it dried in the sun. It made a once 4 hour plus job into a 30 minute job. Plus drying time of course, but that took no energy from me.

I don't see how jet dry would do that good of a job myself. The only part of the Mr. Clean system that makes it spot free is the final rinse with deionized demineralized water. That is the key to it there is nothing in the water to leave a spot once evaporated. With jet dry it would allow the water to sheet off but any that stayed behind would evaporate and spot up.

Wayne

I picked up a bottle of Turtle Wax - ICE - Car Wash at Wal-Mart yesterday($8.00 Cdn). It claims on the bottle "Will Not Leave Water Spots" I've only used it once and so far so good. I also use the ICE liquid wax and must say its easy to apply and gives a real nice shine !

Keith

I picked up a bottle of Hertel?? (Can.) Costs about 2.79 Cdn. Basically, you mix a capful with warm water, wash - don't rinse off and let dry - works great! Not sure if I got the name just right but I found that with washing in the shade, no rinsing etc, I can clean my bike of bugs, road dirt etc in about 15 minutes. Sure feels strange to see a soapy bike dry to a nice clean finish.

Cheers

Eugene

I have been getting poor results after I bought some new filters. They don't seem to filter as well as the one that came with it.

I have been getting great results wiping it down with a microfiber towel after washing. It works on the windshield and makes the painted and chrome parts spot free. I picked up a bunch of 16 inch square ones on Ebay. About $15 delivered for 20 (two orders of 10). They are washable but I have only been able to get two of them dirty.

Jerry

I used the Mr. Clean for a while, but it did not hold up well. Started leaking soap in the cabinet. I bought a couple of the S100 Drying towels and found them to be great. When I first opened the box, I thought what a ripoff. But the small towell will completely dry the bike. No streaks, no spots.

Haven't washed mine yet. Wondering - do you with Ventures remove the hard bags to wash the bike? What about the speakers - what do you use to keep water from getting in them?

This bike looks like it will be a bear to wash, for sure.

Thanks....

I just wash mine like I would anything else. I don't remove anything, I don't cover anything, I just wash it. I don't aim the spray directly into the speakers but I don't fret over them either. Been doing it that way since buying it in '99 and no problems yet. I do remove the bags, seat and etc. about once a year for a more thorough cleaning.

Well, I tried the Jet Dry "Rinse" idea. It finally stopped raining long enough here to wash my bike. I then put a capful of jet dry in a garden sprayer that attaches to the hose and rinsed the bike. Spotted as bad or worse. I had to end up rewashing the bike to get it all off. I may, or may not, try the Jet dry directly in the wash bucket neext time. Oh well, it was worth a shot.

:whistling:

Jeff

• 4 weeks later...
Jet Dry...hmmm...gotta try that. However, seems like it would work best in the rinse water.

Jeff

`````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

Hey Brother "J",

Sure was surprised to see you on this forum!! Do you have a RSV? Momma allowed me to get an 07 Blue/Black RSV, TOLD ME IT'S THE LAST ONE, had my 70th B-day on the 14th of June, after 9 bikes I can understand where she's coming from. How ya been my Friend? After around 67+Missions, have to lay off of them for awhile. They were really get'n to me emotionally!! When ya get a chance, shoot me an email &: jerryPGR@hotmail.com

Take care my Friend,

Jerry"PopPop"Zimmermann

Encino, California

```````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

While I'm at it, if this goes thru, any of all y'all that live in Southern California and have an RSV, wanna get together with y'all over breakfast, lunch or supper!!!

Y'all Ride Safe!

• 2 months later...

If any of you have leaf blower, try using it to blow your bike dry after you do a normal wash. This leaves a spot free shine and keeps you off your knee's.

You can buy items like Air Force Blaster Motorcycle Dryer from most suppliers for just under $200.00.

I use a Ridgid shop vaccum I bought at Home Depot. The motor comes off and you can use it as a blower (for leaves etc). This dryes the bike inmmediately and you can ride without getting soaked when done. The only concern I have is around the speakers. SO be carefull if you try this.

I'm sure that any type of blower would work.

Rick

PS - no filter, soap or kit to buy or replace

I have been using the Mr Clean auto dry for a couple of years also, even on my second unit now, have washed cars, trucks, 4-wheeler and several different bikes, this is the way for me, it is quick and easy, I just put the bike in the sun for a little while after washing and tries spot free in about 15-30 minutes. Also on the speakers the last time I washed I forgot they were even there and sprayed water directly into them....NO ill effects from it as the speakers in these bikes are water resistance, I could even watch the water slide right off of them.