IGNORED

Biker Down

EasyRider

Thank you all for our sweet, loving words. I will have my sons read this after our goodbyes to dear TOm are over.

Favor please, can anyone locate the article in the Stockton Paper? I don't have that one and someone said it had more information. Guess it would have been in Tuesday's edition.

Your cyber space hugs and prayers are coming through.

My niece will arrive from Idaho tomorrow night. That will be good. Both my parents and Tom's parents are gone. Tom has 1 brother, 1 sister and thier S.O.'s and I have 2 brothers and 1 sister, and their SO's Our church family is treating us like royality. Enough food for the city of Galt to eat.

Next week the reality sets in when everyone is gone....

Viewing is Friday from 11-1, then to the graveside for a small service. Memorial Saturday at 2pm Galt SDA Church.

Not all of us are gone Sherry, you have the VentureRider family which includes us locals, Rick and Doris, Buddy and Jude, me and all the rest of the locals, so you'll have someone to talk to locally if the need arises, heck, I stopped at Denny's in Galt to have breakfast today, as my job took me by Galt twice, hugs from all of us. Rich

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am going to ask the people Tom worked with, maybe they still have the paper, or was this just an on line mouthing off? What could someone possibley say bad about a man who ran into a cow trailor and died? If you know and would like to PM me, please do. I am lost on this matter.

the one resource the world will never run out of are idiots that do not know what they are talking about. May they never have to learn the hard way that their brains really made out of compressed cardboard.

Don't worry Sherry, I told them off.

Guest FX_
I know, I was reading some of those comments and I had to respond.

BTW: One person did post this link.

http://www.amadirectlink.com/justice/index.asp

:biker:

That is a great link. Thanks for sharing it.

Florida is about to release what it calls new motorcycle accident data that we think is going to change the way insurance companies and the government look at motorcyclists. The information is rather disturbing. In fact, most of the data is 180 degrees out from what is called popular belief in the article about the study.

Check out Motorcycle Accidents. Who's at Fault? that was published just a couple of days ago.

Ride safe.

It was a rough day. But the outpouring of support was beyond my imagination. Oh that Tom could glempse this. He shared with me many times his "lack of friends"...oh how wrong he was.

His employer, Lodi Memorial, is arranging their own memorial for Tom. I am in awe. I will be

there and embrace the memories they will share of my special guy. I may post quite often on this site. I am so empty. So lost.

So without a compus, short of getting my kids into life and through school. Otherwise, nothing means anything to me. Except holding onto my faith in God that will carry me through to my eternity with the Lord.

Sherry

You keep posting Sherry. We are always glad to here from you and know how you are doing. We don't always understand the whys when it comes to Gods infanite wisdom but know he has the master plan and he has a plan for you in this life. Not only is it good to hear from you and others like tatgirl and AllenH and our wishes for you gives us strength but your words encourage and strengthen us as well. Stay strong and may God richely bless you.

Kenny and Beth

Guest Brianwgn

Sherry,

I do not get online to often anymore, so I just found out today. Michelle and I are very sorry to hear this news.

I hope you heal in due time and I know tom will always be with you in your heart. God has blessed you with a great mate to share most of this life with.

I pray for your family to find comfort from tom's new home and may the angels he is talking to now about you and the kids comfort you all.

Brian & Michelle

Sherry, I have been off line a few days and was very saddened to hear of your family's loss of Tom. Although I don't know anyone on this form personally I feel a hurt inside for your family. May God's love be with you and your family. Bill & Marilyn

I saw the red devil today. That was very, very hard. My niece, Tom's daughter and myself went to the building where the "fatality" vehhcles are kept. What a nice man who showed us the bike. The handles were both bent in, the speedometer had been pushed into the bike so it was barely visable.

of course, no wind shield. The right side of the bike, the buggared up side, was where it laid down on the road. The left side of the bike had no damage.

Attenea had broken off. He let us retrieve the few items on the bike, including the J & M intercom that Tom just paid $300 for and installed the week before he died. Amazingly, it was not damaged. I was surpirsed the guy let us have that. Getting his lunch pail from work was hard. I opened it up to see he had "cleaned" his bowl. Usually, he brings it home dirty for me to wash. Tucked inside was also my last "love" note I wrote him to find when he got into his lunch. I think I had written that a while back and he had just left it in there. Got the impression back I had made of Tom's hand from the orthodontist. Got the kids signed up for SS. When we got home, TJ drove up very upset. They had closed the road by the cemetary and they close the gates at 4pm. He wanted to bad to "talk" to his dad there.

I told him to go back and park on the outside of the grounds and walk in.

He did and came home after his talk feeling much better. Its nice that the cemetary is on TJ's way home from school, we pass there often. We drive by the accident site many times a week. I will go today and spruce up the white cross we placed there. I bought some nice plastic grape vine with grapes to wind around it. I will get a picture of the site. Maybe someone would like to see it? Sorry to be so long winded. If I am sharing too much, just say so.

SHARE, SHARE AND THEN SHARE SOME MORE Sherry !!

I like to hear how you are doing and whats going thru your mind.......and just what you are experiencing....it helps me to understand better........as I have no comprehension of what its like for you or others who have experienced such a tragedy in their lives.

I think it helps us all to heal!

Thanks for opening up to us and allowing us to share it with you.

I like to hear how you are doing and whats going thru your mind.......and just what you are experiencing....it helps me to understand better........as I have no comprehension of what its like for you or others who have experienced such a tragedy in their lives.

:sign yeah that:

:amen:

Were friends are concerned there is no such thing as sharing too much at a time like this. What you have on this site is lots of friends wether you met them in person or not. So you share as much as you feel you need too and then some, because we share too. we share in your pain and the loss of a loved one, friend and a fellow biker, and may maney good memories ease the pain of your loss

love saddlebum (Ben)

Keep sharing Sherry, it makes us feel as though we are almost there with you.

It is a very good thing for you to do.

Bless you,

Peggy

I could not have said it better. I haven't posted in these threads much. Just never know what to say; but i listen to you and I can see so much change in you now from your first post. I could feel the Pain in your first post, Made me want to reach out and hug a near "stranger" but now i see Sherry is back, maybe not fully; but better. We Love you Sherry, even though some of us don't know you that well, We love you and IT IS GOOD to see you Hanging in there. Talk to us dear, talk to us............

Do you realize what a blessing you are to me? I hope you do. It means so much. I am not signing up with any lawyer till all the information is in. They did send a PI to the accident site, and bike to photo it today. Assuring me I am not obligated to use their services. PI called me to meet with him after seeing the bike. I talked with him about the accident, the memorial, etc.

Do you know that grown stranger cried on me twice? What is up with that?

He did not know me, I was not emotional, & he did not know Tom. That was bizarre. I did not buy the tears of concern. This man said he was a PI for acccidents for 25 years. And he is crying to me? I was mad anyway, since I told him to call me to meet him at the site while he photographed the road. I had some stuff to do at our road side memorial. He did not call me till he was done...and then, of course, he was not going to ask me to meet him then.

Anyway, I am taking my niece to the airport tomorrow...then its "on my own"...2500 sq ft is going to feel like 5000 by myself, weekly, during the day without my man...but I will keep on for those boys...

and yes, as far as my BIL, I just agreed with him and let it go when we spoke on Monay....Tom took excellant care of me alive and has provided for us in his passing. I was independent long time ago and I can do it again...