IGNORED

2009 VentureRider International Rally

Freebird

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don,

If you decide to have the rally based out of Mountain Home. I know the VFW has a nice facility down there. Maybe we might be able to set something up with them like we did with the Moose lodge in Ft Collins. Something that can be easily checked.

Bill,

Im ready and willing, so lets get started. I nominate Cindarella as entertainment chairman ( since she so funny):rotf:

John

I like the sound of this. I just maybe able to attend one of these.:thumbsup2: I would think that the first or second week in august wouldn't interfere with school.:whistling:

I 2nd that!!! We have a standing trip the 2nd week of July every year. First or second week August is perfect.

Jay

before you even ask Bill..............

yes We would be willing to help !

as far as school......this year it starts aug 18th here.....we usually have an earlier start time than most places...

so if you are aiming for august it would be best sometime the beginning of aug for us and ford has changed their shut down- mandatory vacation time to the first 2 weeks of august here in MO. It used to be the first 2 weeks of july. but dale does get some more vacation time than the 2 weeks in august , so earlier in summer could work also.

Edited by Cinderella

okay, been quite a day for start of planning of the 2009 arkansas rally. i think i put a committee together made up of some very fine people. here is who i picked for the committee and all have agreed to take part in the planning. in no particular order, dooder1, cinderella, allanh, roadkill, rosebud, buddy, and me. i have a call in for someone that knows the roads in ar. very well. haven't heard back from him as yet. i called the hub which is a nice motorcycle resort, located 8mi. south of harrison on highway seven and they have the whole motel open for the tenative dates, which as of now are aug.3rd thru 6th 2009. want to confer with the rest of the committee before we write these in stone. i think this is going to be a great meet cuz i know all the people i picked will give there all. don and squidely have been very gracious in offering their help. i did'nt ask them to be apart of the committee cuz i think they both do to much already and i want them to just come to the meet and relax and enjoy it. of course lonna is not off the hook we need cheese cake. everything should be official in the next day or so .so stay tuned. bill :clap2::clap2::welcome1::2133:

OH...and I think you have put together an EXCELLENT team. I thank you for doing it and I thank all your committee for volunteering their time.

Well....except maybe for that Rindercella person....you may have to remind her that just like the forums, the Rally is PG Rated. :witch_brew:

i need a volunteer to monitor allanh so we don't circle any parkinglots, head for florida, or get jambed in a dead end alley. he has a dislexsic gps. really he is directionally challenged but we won't let him know that. we'll just blame it on the gps. :rasberry::rotf::rotf::sign29:

i need a volunteer to monitor allanh so we don't circle any parkinglots, head for florida, or get jambed in a dead end alley. he has a dislexsic gps. really he is directionally challenged but we won't let him know that. we'll just blame it on the gps. :rasberry::rotf::rotf::sign29:

As long as we take away his GPS we'll be fine....he can be one of the tailgunners

:stickpoke:

your day will come TWEETY!:buttkick:

Hey Cindy depending on when this happens you just may have some backup. :rotf::rotf: Can't have him think he's in charge now can we? :whistling:

I'll be waiting to see when this all ends up happening. I've never been out that way.

Margaret

hi all

thanks bill and all for starting to put this together. i'am a little bit south of ya'll but if i can help in any way please let me know. i told sarah my 13 y.o about the 09 rally is being held around the ark. area. she's ready, she had a great time at the kitchener rally.

ride texas magazine just came out with a story about the harrison, ark area. will take the mag into work tonite to read the article.

best reguards

don c.

I can't believe it we have a winger dude in charge of the international VENTURERIDER rally whats the deal with that?

Thanks snarly for stepping up to the plate for all of us and thank you to all of the other members who have stepped up to help. If there is anything I can do to help please let me know.

I can't believe it we have a winger dude in charge of the international VENTURERIDER rally whats the deal with that?

Thanks snarly for stepping up to the plate for all of us and thank you to all of the other members who have stepped up to help. If there is anything I can do to help please let me know.

i've already put the rally rule no.1 on the list. all them dingbats that ride wings have to stay at the back of the pack. so we don't run off and leave ya. :rotf::rotf::rotf::rasberry::rasberry::clap2::clap2:

okay the hub is offcially the location for the 2009 rally, and the dates are aug. 3rd thru 6th 2009. we have all sixty rooms available at the hubs motel as of yesterday. so if you want to make reservations. do so before they fill up. if we fill the hub up harrison ar. is 8mi. north and has more motels. the hub has a restaurant.and a 1500 capacity meeting hall. it also has tent camping $10.00 per night including showers. rooms are $ 50.00 for double, $ 55.00 for king, and $ 65.00 for two doubles. the latter two include fridge and microwave. this is one of the most scenic areas in ar.. they have us down for the 2nd thru the sixth for early arrivals. just tell them your a venture rider.org. and proud of it. i don't have the hub website handy at the moment, but if you key in the hub it will come up. if some one has it could you post it. now that we have the housing and dates out of the way, the committee can settle back and start planning the detailed stuff. bill :)