IGNORED

2009 VentureRider International Rally

Freebird

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

our kids go back to school after Labor Day, but I know other areas as close as NC that go back the 2nd and 3rd week of August.

Just an FYI - our schools in Texas start around the beginning of August. Besides, August is hotter than July. Moving the rally any later to try to hit cooler weather is liable to be a BIG impact on a lot of people. If we were going to consider moving it, earlier might be better than later. But then again, we won't be able to please everyone! Just some thoughts...

Goose

Nevermind... I just got finished getting caught up on this thread - lots of new posts since yesterday! I see I was way to late to offer that info. Oh well. Not an impact on me; hope it won't be on too many others.

okay the hub is offcially the location for the 2009 rally, and the dates are aug. 3rd thru 6th 2009. we have all sixty rooms available at the hubs motel as of yesterday. so if you want to make reservations. do so before they fill up. if we fill the hub up harrison ar. is 8mi. north and has more motels. the hub has a restaurant.and a 1500 capacity meeting hall. it also has tent camping $10.00 per night including showers. rooms are $ 50.00 for double, $ 55.00 for king, and $ 65.00 for two doubles. the latter two include fridge and microwave. this is one of the most scenic areas in ar.. they have us down for the 2nd thru the sixth for early arrivals. just tell them your a venture rider.org. and proud of it. i don't have the hub website handy at the moment, but if you key in the hub it will come up. if some one has it could you post it. now that we have the housing and dates out of the way, the committee can settle back and start planning the detailed stuff. bill :)

Not that it matters to me, but that is the week of Sturgis. Just an FYI.

Thanks :clap2:for stepping up to the plate to host the next one Bill. I see that your dates put it just 2 weeks before Vogel which was planned ( I hadn't made the formal announcement yet) for the 3rd weekend in August which is Aug. 12-16, so I am wondering how many folks would attend both or pass Vogel for the Intl Rally. I might have to move Vogel up, which is not a problem, cause I do not want to interfere with the Intl Rally, I will post a poll with some dates and see what happens.....................and yes I will definitely make every effort to attend the Intl for a couple of days at least.............If I can be of any assistance at all please let me know.

Good luck, I know it will be exceptional................

Do both vogel and the international back to back! We will attend both as we've wanted to do Vogel for some time.

That would be a great idea for those of us that gotta travel a bit o distance and have a couple of weeks vacation.

Sarge; if you guys are going, let me know , would be great to do some travelling together.

Brian

We're going Brian.

Now just to see if Vogel lines up! You are most welcome to come with us...but I gotta warn ya...we can be slow pokes as we both pull trailers and likely have kids with us. But they travel pretty good though.

If BigBob goes you can hook up with him and spend the night here before we head out. That seemed to work good for him for all the trips so far.

Thanks :clap2:for stepping up to the plate to host the next one Bill. I see that your dates put it just 2 weeks before Vogel which was planned ( I hadn't made the formal announcement yet) for the 3rd weekend in August which is Aug. 12-16, so I am wondering how many folks would attend both or pass Vogel for the Intl Rally. I might have to move Vogel up, which is not a problem, cause I do not want to interfere with the Intl Rally, I will post a poll with some dates and see what happens.....................and yes I will definitely make every effort to attend the Intl for a couple of days at least.............If I can be of any assistance at all please let me know.

Good luck, I know it will be exceptional................

lewis , did'nt mean to step on your toes on vogel did'nt know you were going to do it. i wanted to go with sept. but caught a little flack and some of the people i picked for the committee were committed to other things. could you move vogel back a little when it's cooler. i'll be there. hope you can get some of those east coasters up here. we love you guys. to date vogel was my favorite meet. bill :clap2: :2133:

I'm bummed, we've never been to that area and it's definitely on our 'to go to' list. But my son is getting married on Labor Day weekend, so between that, and the limited time we are allowed off during the summer, going that distance and back in a week wouldn't be practical.

Retirement is looking better and better...........

Nothing to worry about Bill.........Charlene and I were talking about that today, maybe moving it to 1st or 2nd weekend in Sept, might be a little cooler by a few degrees, got plenty of time to plan it. I will be posting a poll with some other dates, I dont wont to interfere with THE rally, but we will get it all worked out and Im sure both will be successful........Actually I thought about stepping up and seeing if there would be interest in making Vogel:bang head: the Intl. Rally, but since :bowdown:you stepped up, that makes it all the better, 2 rallies:smile5: to go to in a short period of time.

lewis , did'nt mean to step on your toes on vogel did'nt know you were going to do it. i wanted to go with sept. but caught a little flack and some of the people i picked for the committee were committed to other things. could you move vogel back a little when it's cooler. i'll be there. hope you can get some of those east coasters up here. we love you guys. to date vogel was my favorite meet. bill :clap2: :2133:

OK, I just made my reservation from the 2nd, leaving on the 6th. Never done any thing like this looking fwd to it.

Question: Any way we can combine some of the "Maintenance Day" things into this as well.

Like some others I have limited vacation time, especially with out the family. Although I would be willing to extend my stay a day or so to do some work.

Looking forward to it.

Everette

OK, I just made my reservation from the 2nd, leaving on the 6th. Never done any thing like this looking fwd to it.

Question: Any way we can combine some of the "Maintenance Day" things into this as well.

Like some others I have limited vacation time, especially with out the family. Although I would be willing to extend my stay a day or so to do some work.

Looking forward to it.

Everette

maintenance day is a great idea. got it in my notes. thanks for the inpute. bill :clap2: :2133:

Bill, thanks for stepping up and taking on a project that will be overwelling and extremely fullfilling when all is said and done( I know). Also thanks for moving the rally to Aug. as my wife started a new job last fall and is not allowed holidays in July, so she could only enjoy the evenings with us this year. Looking forward to the 2009 rally. If you have any questions or need any suggestions, don't hesitate to ask Reiny or myself as well.

Hal

Looking forward to it.

Everette

you bring the bike we will work on it, never got to fix a venture before.lol see you there. if you have never been to one of our meets your in for the treat of your life. lots of fun and new friends garranteed. bill :2133::welcome1:

For a maintanence day may I suggest it be either the second or third day. We found after the 1400+ mile drive we needed a "down" day to sit around and bull. I (or should I say Gambler) worked on a small problem with my driving lights and I replaced blown acc. fuse. I was nice just to relax that day.

I had brought my carb-tune but never used it, too busy trying to get that darn driving light working properly. You should see what a small tiny little nic in one wire can do to the rest of the lighting system! lol.

Others went and took small rides in the area if they wanted.

For a maintanence day may I suggest it be either the second or third day. We found after the 1400+ mile drive we needed a "down" day to sit around and bull. I (or should I say Gambler) worked on a small problem with my driving lights and I replaced blown acc. fuse. I was nice just to relax that day.

I had brought my carb-tune but never used it, too busy trying to get that darn driving light working properly. You should see what a small tiny little nic in one wire can do to the rest of the lighting system! lol.

Others went and took small rides in the area if they wanted.

Hey Sarge its closer than kitchener so you shouldnt need as much "down" time....lol

Travelling with you guys sounds like fun and dont worry, I am an old guy that doesnt want to travel very fast either, speed limits are fine, esp on unfamiliar roads.

Ive already booked a room in the hub for the rally, all I gotta do now is get the time off.

Brian