IGNORED

Prayers & get well wishes needed

Heimdog

Many of you may be familiar with the Star Touring Group that recently went bankrupt.  There was a Meet & Greet this weekend in Ohio for past members to get together, ride and share some good times.  A good friend and riding partner of mine was involved in an accident while attending this event.  She's got some serious injuries but sounds like she will survive.  I would ride with her any day of the week, anywhere.  She is very experienced, has ridden her cycle from coast-to-coast.  

If I found the right news story regarding her accident, she was subject to a hit & run. The Police are investigating.  Meanwhile, she'll be in a Columbus Hospital for awhile.  

• Sad 3

• 2 weeks later...

She is back home now in Northern IL and in very good spirits.  4 broken ribs, fractured shoulder blade, road rash, and a huge hematoma on her hip that needed surgery to be drained.  She'll recover.  It's a good time of the year to be sidelined as the bikes will be put into hibernation soon.  She says that it is highly likely her helmet saved her life.  

• Like 2

Hey Steven,

Both my wife Jean and I are sending Shari prayers her way! Here's hoping that she has a FULL recovery! My wife Jean has been my "Wing Man" for over 350,000 miles of riding together over the years! She never had the courage to ride her own motorcycle, and always enjoyed riding on the back of my bike. Needless to say, I always enjoyed having her back there with me. 

It takes a "Special Person" to be involved in a life changing motor vehicle accident and then want to "get back on the horse", so to speak. Both Jean and I wish Shari the very best in her recovery, and also hope that this accident doesn't spoil her love of riding!

Earl and Jean Harrell.

• Like 1