IGNORED

My brother and his bout with Cancer. Please be thinking/praying for him/us.

cowpuc

I would so like to attend the services, Puc. My wife, Jana, is going through some medical issues and I need to be here. My prayers and thoughts are still with you.

:farmer:

Believe me when I say this brother,, ALL of you,, you and Jana 100% included, will be there in spirit = THIS I KNOW!! Thanks again for your endless, caring, thoughtfulness and tenderness in the support Jim!

The Barnhard Clan!

P.S. = PRAYERS UP FOR JANA!! You and her are on my prayer list brother!!

JMT

I will not say that it is easy or fun to lay a person to rest, I have done that a number of times and have some experience, albeit not the experience that anyone else has for their loved ones, as every time and for everybody this is different, maybe VERY different.

One thing though, as we proceed though the mourning stage of life we tend to focus on the loss we have sustained, how a person has been taken away and will no longer be a part of our life, in a way it has little to do with feeling bad for the deceased, but more the feeling for oneself. That is natural, very natural, and is part of the mourning process, and to some extent at least, needs to be done.

The alternative to this, is to look at the person life and your own life and realize just how good it was to have this person be part of your journey on this earth. How did the life of this person bless you, guide you, make you happy, help look after you, teach you,,,,,,,,. What benefits did you and others receive because this person had been part of your life and most important, did this person help you find the ultimate destination of life?

Blessing Scott and Tip as you go through the next few days

THANK YOU MY BROTHER!! VERY WELL PUT!

Tip and I sat on the porch talking about all we have been thru in the passing of my brother. I told her that, should I arrive in Heaven before her, that I prefer for her to, instead of being a crumbled up mess in the process of this funeral stuff that I would really enjoy watching (being part of the Great Cloud of Witnesses) her smiling her great big beautiful smile as she went on and on about the pathway on earth her and I traveled together. Sharing with others the blessings in life here below we had been honored to have, the treasured times here below that God gave us.. I also told her that I was in NO WAY wanting to stand in the way of necessary grieving and all that but, as normal for me, I preferred it all to be handled a little differently than normal.. That Tip,, she is amazing,, she loves the Lord sooo much.. She smiled and me and said "Believe me sweetheart,, that is exactly what I see in our future and exactly my wishes should I arrive at our Savior's side before you!!:thumbsup:

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm very sorry to hear this Puc. I'm new here and don't know many people but as you said, we're all family. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your loved ones.

"...With time, we will be happy once again..."

-Abraham Lincoln

I'm very sorry to hear this Puc. I'm new here and don't know many people but as you said, we're all family. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your loved ones.

"...With time, we will be happy once again..."

-Abraham Lincoln

Thank you @Heimdog,, your thoughts and prayers for us is greatly apprecitiated my friend!! Also,, :welcome1::RED: brother,, this is truly a remarkable family to be part of = glad you joined!!

Puc

Sorry Puc I been out enjoying the new edition working some quirks out of my $250.00 Venture. I gotta say tho I am trully sorry to here of this. I will be praying for healing for you all. I couldn't imagine losing my brothers even tho we aren't really close.

A quick link to my little brother Doug's Obituary. Thanks again folks for your love and support during these days..

Puc

http://obits.mlive.com/obituaries/grandrapids/obituary.aspx?n=douglas-d-barnhard&pid=192813693&

Your brother was certainly liked by all and he sure had a large family. That was a nice obit. Thinking and praying for all.

:farmer:

Thank you for sharing these pics of you guys on the scoots. This really brought back memories of me and my brother riding together. I sure wish we could've gotten more time in. Thinking about you guys puc. Take Care

Visitation went ok, lots of my brothers friends (and of course, family) attended. What an incredible person Doug was, his memories are far reaching. Today is his funeral. If you have a moment please think of and/or pray for us as we work thru it.

Doug asked me to speak at the service. I will be speaking about my brother's amazing ability to forgive. Please pray that the Lord will sustain me and that His words about forgiveness will come out, all of Him = none of me.

My nephew Ben is a Pastor and will be sharing the Gospel. Please pray for Ben in the same direction.

Also please pray for those in attendance that, thru the grief that we are in, some/all will hear what is said.

THANKS AGAIN FOR BEING HERE AND FOR ALL THE SUPPORT!

Love you all

Puc, Tip and the Barnhard family

THANK YOU ALL SOOO MUCH AGAIN!! Dougs funeral and burial services went very well (hard/difficult but VERY WELL). It was wonderful reconnecting with friends/family I have not seen in years.. Of course I am numb (feel like a piece of me is missing) but also feeling like I have been once again reminded of the importance of seizing every moment of everyday and living life large by not over looking opportunities to connect with those we love while they/I are still here below. Make the phone calls, "friend" them on VR and on FaceBook, do what ever but try to tell em ya love em = time is short. Also,, let Saigon's be bygones, forgiveness is healthy stuff..

There ya have it in a nutshell. I feel like I owe each of you a HUGE hug of gratitude for the outpouring of love,,, PLEASE dont be shocked if I skip the handshake and proceed directly to a healthy love filled :bighug:,, it's just me showing my love:happy34:

Puc

My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family Puc... I've had to deal with the passing of my wife and 3 of my kids, and know it ain't easy... But there's a lot to be said about 'time heals all wounds'.. It gets better.. May the Good Lord Bless and Keep You and the family.

My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family Puc... I've had to deal with the passing of my wife and 3 of my kids, and know it ain't easy... But there's a lot to be said about 'time heals all wounds'.. It gets better.. May the Good Lord Bless and Keep You and the family.

That's excruciating to even read Jack! Sorry for your HUGE loss my brother!! THANK YOU for the thoughts/prayers, condolences and sound advice here! Only this time, I wish it weren't a case of advice from life's experiences = that is sad brother. I deeply appreciate it none the less though my friend!

Putting one foot in front of the other, thanking God that my brother is no longer suffering and I will see him again!

Puc

Things will settle down and you'll be able to put everything in your head in the right order. Each day will pass by a little smoother than the last, just be sure to let yourself feel all of your emotions.

And @Condor ... i am SO sorry to hear that. Like puc said that's painful to even read. You're a strong dude, and in dark times i hope i can think about strong people that got through them like you

Scott, I'm very sorry to have read this sad news of your brothers struggle thru cancer. As you said he is free from pain and suffering and now with the Lord.

I hope you can take comfort not only in all the memories and good times with your brother, but the time you spent with him at the end to give the sense of help and not being alone when he needed it the most.

My prayers are with you and all his family