IGNORED

My new bike... maybe...

Air Ready Auto

Found a 2008 Suzuki C50T for a hot deal. Took the wife to see it and she gave me the thumbs up. I have no experience with these. It is shaft drive, water cooled, fuel injected V-twin. Was wondering if anybody here has any thoughts on these or could give me any things to look for before dropping the cash.

Found a 2008 Suzuki C50T for a hot deal. Took the wife to see it and she gave me the thumbs up. I have no experience with these. It is shaft drive, water cooled, fuel injected V-twin. Was wondering if anybody here has any thoughts on these or could give me any things to look for before dropping the cash.

If I had any knowledge shipmate, I’d share it. Have only owned Honda & Yamaha. Sorry!

I just Googled a pic of it. Man...it's a nice lookin' bike. I also have no experience with it...but if you get it, I'm sure it will bring smiles to you and the Mrs.!

Good luck, in the purchase, if that is in your cards.

I had a 2003 volusia, which was the carborated predecessor to the c50. Put about a bazillion miles (many of which was 2up) on that thing and it never let me down.

Know others that have the c50t with similar experience.

Sent from my SM-G955U1 using Tapatalk

Shaft drive? Water Cooled? This has been determined to be blasé... and un-needed.

Somebody stop me...

In all seriousness now... Will this be an additional bike or is it replacing something?

In all seriousness now... Will this be an additional bike or is it replacing something?

Lucy is in need of some maintenance (carburetor work, gaskets, water pump, second gear repair, radiator fan, neck bearing, plastic replacement...) so this would be a temp replacement then additional bike. I like the look and it seams comfortable enough.

Lucy is in need of some maintenance (carburetor work, gaskets, water pump, second gear repair, radiator fan, neck bearing, plastic replacement...) so this would be a temp replacement then additional bike. I like the look and it seams comfortable enough.

Here is an article to read. From my experience they are as reliable as an anvil.

https://www.motorcyclecruiser.com/900cc-comparison-kawasaki-vulcan-900-vs-suzuki-c50-vs-triumph-america#page-14

Here is an article to read. From my experience they are as reliable as an anvil.

https://www.motorcyclecruiser.com/900cc-comparison-kawasaki-vulcan-900-vs-suzuki-c50-vs-triumph-america#page-14

I know several riders that have them and had nothing but good things to say about the ride. The c50 was high on my list of mid-weight cruisers to purchase for myself although I ultimately found a better price on the Kawasaki VN900 and decided to buy it.

My first bike was a C50T (2006 I believe). Absolutely loved it, and had no issues at all with it. If I had the room I would have kept it when I bought my RSTD. It handles nicely and rides 2up comfortably. We wanted something a little bigger for longer trips.

I've often wondered why Suzuki hasn't caught on with the MC crowd. It looks good, and I've never read a bad report about performance. I personally have a 25hp O/B that runs like the day it came out of the factory, looks like new, and it's 25 years old!! The only thing I've had to replace was the prop 'cause a rock ate the last one... If I were in the market for another bike I'd certainly take a look at the C90T. Hard bags and a bat wing and hit the slab...

I've often wondered why Suzuki hasn't caught on with the MC crowd. It looks good, and I've never read a bad report about performance. I personally have a 25hp O/B that runs like the day it came out of the factory, looks like new, and it's 25 years old!! The only thing I've had to replace was the prop 'cause a rock ate the last one... If I were in the market for another bike I'd certainly take a look at the C90T. Hard bags and a bat wing and hit the slab...

Is that 25 hanging on a 1st or 2nd gen?

My first bike was a 2003 Suzuki Volusia, which is what the C50 used to be called. The only thing I really didn't like about the bike was that it wasn't fuel injected. It seems they changed this in the later models (the 2008 included). Solid bike.

I bought an "01" when they first came out as a re-entry motorcycle. My son had bought one a couple months prior and after seeing his and riding it I was hooked. As others said they are solid bikes. Rode mine to 05 when I bought the RSV cause we wanted to travel more and the Venture was better suited for that. I did add hard bags and a Harley fairing but no comparison to the RSV's comfort.

The Volusia , now a C50, is still a great bike.

Larry

I had an '07 and absolutely loved it. I'm sure you've already found it but the volusiariders forum is similar to this site with a great wealth of information and ideas for cheap mods that can easily be done to it. Be sure to throw up some pics when you get it and enjoy the heck out of it!!

I had an '07 and absolutely loved it. I'm sure you've already found it but the volusiariders forum is similar to this site with a great wealth of information and ideas for cheap mods that can easily be done to it. Be sure to throw up some pics when you get it and enjoy the heck out of it!!
+1 on the volusia riders group being a great resource and the million choices to make the bike your own.

My old 2003 volusia mod List:

Mustang Seat

Suzuki Billet backrest with Mustang Back Pad

Metric Fats windshield

Cobra Pipes with Big City Thunder baffles

Thunder Stage 3 Jet Kit

Thunder Tear Drop Air Kit

2" lowered

Saddle Bags

ee320db9f03a5fb663d3e8f786b90c7c.jpg

Sent from my SM-G955U1 using Tapatalk

Thank you everybody for your replies. As seems to be the way of things, our lawn mower took a trip to the big pasture in the sky so it looks like that will be getting replaced before I get a new bike. I can say though that after having test drove the Vulcan 900 and the C50T I am leaning more towards the C50T. I found it to be more comfortable and my wife enjoyed the ride more than on the 900. It may still be in the cards but we have to play with finances a little bit.