IGNORED

The Gun Shop owner stared and glared at me when I told him I actually like Russia

cowpuc

made ammo... (got cha!! :witch_brew:) :usa:

We were discussing the difference between the cheap ammo with steel casings that comes from Russia (I actually do like Tulammo,, it feeds good thru my 1911) and the higher end/pricey stuff whose casings are formed from brass.. During that great debate (that I was winning :stickpoke:) I mentioned that I thought his 20 dollar surcharge for running customers online weapons purchases thru his little shop was actually a really good deal!! :beer:

Typical of those who are vulnerable to a well planned ego stroking, he grinned and fell face first into my perfectly laid trap by revealing to me a couple secrets that he admittedly normally only reveals to customers who actually buy something and don't just show up to fondle and rearrange his gun collection/inventory.

In accordance with The Code - here are those the two secrets he revealed:

The following site operates similar to "Adhuntr" which searches all of Craigs List if your looking for a scoot.. I have been playing with it here while cleaning guns waiting for Spring in this frozen wasteland to show up and have found this to be a really neat and VERY powerful search assist if shopping for Guns and not bad for ammo too.. Take a peek and see what cha think ( videoarizona = that place called "Buds" you shared with us shows up LOTS in here 2 = GOOD deals there buddy = THANKS!!): https://gun.deals/

The other site he told me about does basically the same thing but deals more with ammo.. I LOVE the layout of this site,, very well done IMHO! DEFINITELY some great deals found here: https://ammoseek.com

**** SPECIAL AWARD FOR THOSE WHO ACTUALLY READ THRU ALL THAT!! **** Gonna share with you how to increase your gun supply by "1" with absolutely NO chance of rebuttal from those who monitor the check book = pay attention here...

I dont own a 9mm,, I turn the soil over under the targets at our shooting range with a 1911 .45.. That said though,, after playing on Ammoseek, I noticed that the cheapest .45 ammo for my 1911 was 21 cents a round.. I then noticed that 9mm best price ammo was 14 pennies per. Like any other of you lop eared shootin varmints - I have always LOVED the Beretta 92F in 9mm but I have yet to hook one so I bounced over to Gun Deals to rattle around with that.. I instantly noticed that a 9mm Handgun (not Beretta) could be had for $119.. The calculator in my pea brain instantly did the math and I headed off to set another trap.. I said "look at this Tip :hihi:, if I buy 2000 rounds of 9mm ammo instead of 2000 rounds of .45 ammo for my 1911 I can get a FREE Handgun :178: with the $'s I save!!!" Now all I gotta do is figure out how to explain why the higher end Beretta showed up wreaking havoc on the check book that she monitors and I can go ahead and get the "ball" (pun?) rolling!!!!!!! :banana:

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I stumbled on a Sig Sauer P226 9mm handgun from a coworker for $350. The P226 and the Beretta were tied in the competition for the military purchase and the Beretta was a little cheaper is what I read so the Beretta was the chosen one. Except I also read that the Navy Seals use the P226. The P226 is a great handgun. I can drill the target with it. I also picked up a Smith & Wesson stainless steel Model 639 9mm from another coworker along with over a 1,000 rounds of ammo for $600. I'm not as accurate with the S&W but it's neat being SS. So, if you get a chance to fire a P226, you might like it. Everybody I let shoot the P226 tries to talk me into selling it to them.

I like the Sigs also. I actually went to buy a Kimber .380 because I wanted something small and easily concealable. When I got there though, I laid the little .380 Kimber on top of this Sig P938 and the 9mm sig was only very slightly larger than the .380. I've never really been a fan of the .380 round so bought the Sig instead. It is really a nice shooting gun.

IMG_1036.jpg

Great plan Pucster!

Unfortunately it won't work for me. I load all my ammo and SWMBO knows it!

I've got a love/hate relationship with Sig Sauer. I'm a holster maker and Sig Sauer is the bane of my existence on that plane. They make minor(sometimes major) milling changes to their pistols on a semi regular basis and will deny it faithfully. This makes it extremely hard for me to guarantee fitment on their products. Don't even get me started on their new "Original" P225. What a joke!

That said, I absolutely love the new Sig P365, 9mm micro. They hit the ball out of the park with this one. It is on my short list.

As far as cheap 9mm pistols go, take a look at Walther. If you can find a PPX(discontinued) grab it. They were about $250 new and may be the best bang for the buck I've ever seen. They are ugly though. They remind me of the illegitimate offspring of a High Point and a PPQ. The newer Walther Creed is in the same but different category. It's a better looking PPX still at a lower price point. The PPX is not rated for +p ammo though so if that's important to you don't bother.

$0.02, YMMV

I also have a Ruger LCP .380. It's small enough to carry in my pocket. I use a leather pocket holster to disguise its shape and to protect the trigger. The leather holster was tight at first but loosened up so when I pull it the holster stays in my pocket. It's a reliable shooter. When I first got it, I fired about 80 rounds and my hand was sore the next day from the kick from that little booger. Being double action, my accuracy is not as good as with the P226 but it's for close up protection.

I never liked the steel cased ammo other than the price. That steel is a lot harder on the gun than brass is. Some of the steel case ammo also has very corrosive primers, also bad for the gun.

A 9mm is on my wish list (along with a LOT of other guns). I have not yet got serious about it to the point where I visit a couple of gun stores to start fondling some of them. Then I usually find a range that has one available for rent and actually fire one for a while to see what my hand really likes.

Fingers are crossed, I have someone coming over tonight to hopefully buy my Lone Eagle Pistol in 7mm-08.

Lone Eagle 004.jpg

Not quite what one would use for concealed carry, but still a blast to shoot. The deer will be foolishly rejoicing when the news gets out that I have sold this beast.

It is always sad to see a gun go away, but then I will have funds to go shopping for a new gun. Deer season is getting close, It takes me a long time to break in and set up a new rifle.

Edited by Flyinfool

I'm a gun guy, but in this thread subject I really feel inadequate... Out of all the handguns I own I have what I consider to be my go-to token auto.. It's not small and dainty, it's not beautiful, but it get's the job done. If the poop hits the paddle I don't have to sit there thinking oh my!! which gun should I use?? It's a full size S&W 5904 blued in 9mm with a couple of 10 round mags... I recently watched an NRA program about the FBI armory and their testing of the 9mm vs. the 45, and they came to the conclusion that there is no difference in effectiveness between the two, and are now supplying their field agents with 9mm's. Again.... :backinmyday::icon_lurker:

Well, I'll show one more of mine for now. This is the one that I keep in my nightstand drawer. I love shooting it but shoot .38s through it most of the time because they are cheaper than the .357s. I keep it loaded with the .357s though. Ruger GP100 Match in .357.

IMG_1038.jpg IMG_1037.jpg

made ammo... (got cha!! :witch_brew:) :usa:

We were discussing the difference between the cheap ammo with steel casings that comes from Russia (I actually do like Tulammo,, it feeds good thru my 1911) and the higher end/pricey stuff whose casings are formed from brass.. During that great debate (that I was winning :stickpoke:) I mentioned that I thought his 20 dollar surcharge for running customers online weapons purchases thru his little shop was actually a really good deal!! :beer:

Typical of those who are vulnerable to a well planned ego stroking, he grinned and fell face first into my perfectly laid trap by revealing to me a couple secrets that he admittedly normally only reveals to customers who actually buy something and don't just show up to fondle and rearrange his gun collection/inventory.

In accordance with The Code - here are those the two secrets he revealed:

The following site operates similar to "Adhuntr" which searches all of Craigs List if your looking for a scoot.. I have been playing with it here while cleaning guns waiting for Spring in this frozen wasteland to show up and have found this to be a really neat and VERY powerful search assist if shopping for Guns and not bad for ammo too.. Take a peek and see what cha think ( videoarizona = that place called "Buds" you shared with us shows up LOTS in here 2 = GOOD deals there buddy = THANKS!!): https://gun.deals/

The other site he told me about does basically the same thing but deals more with ammo.. I LOVE the layout of this site,, very well done IMHO! DEFINITELY some great deals found here: https://ammoseek.com

**** SPECIAL AWARD FOR THOSE WHO ACTUALLY READ THRU ALL THAT!! **** Gonna share with you how to increase your gun supply by "1" with absolutely NO chance of rebuttal from those who monitor the check book = pay attention here...

I dont own a 9mm,, I turn the soil over under the targets at our shooting range with a 1911 .45.. That said though,, after playing on Ammoseek, I noticed that the cheapest .45 ammo for my 1911 was 21 cents a round.. I then noticed that 9mm best price ammo was 14 pennies per. Like any other of you lop eared shootin varmints - I have always LOVED the Beretta 92F in 9mm but I have yet to hook one so I bounced over to Gun Deals to rattle around with that.. I instantly noticed that a 9mm Handgun (not Beretta) could be had for $119.. The calculator in my pea brain instantly did the math and I headed off to set another trap.. I said "look at this Tip :hihi:, if I buy 2000 rounds of 9mm ammo instead of 2000 rounds of .45 ammo for my 1911 I can get a FREE Handgun :178: with the $'s I save!!!" Now all I gotta do is figure out how to explain why the higher end Beretta showed up wreaking havoc on the check book that she monitors and I can go ahead and get the "ball" (pun?) rolling!!!!!!! :banana:

My Walther PK 380 loves that Russian ammo!

The white box winchester jams every time in 2 out of 3 clips. Checked spring length and tension of clips and they are the same. Go figure!!

If the Walther operates on the blowback, (doesn't have an ejector) the reason may be that steel casing don't swell as much and seal the gases that allow it to propel the bullet forward. More gases will blow back and help the operation of the weapon. Just a WAG here!

I assume the revolver is double action? Makes a difference in accuracy. One reason I like my Sig P226 is that I can cock it for the first shot or just pull the trigger and it will work as a DA handgun.

Yes, it is double action. Of course, you can shoot it single action also.

Yes, it is double action. Of course, you can shoot it single action also.

You can tell I know little about revolvers. I just remember the old western books I used to read and how the "gunfighters" like the single action best because they were more accurate. But now they are DA/SA. Cool.

Ok, if we’re doing a show and tell thing,here’s my smith and Wesson 686 ( 357 mag) with a magna-ported6 inch barrel. Grip is by altamont. Their grips are sweet!

Very nice 686. I'm planning on getting a few grips from Altamont. I have some black walnut that I'd like to have carved and thought I'd give them a call to see if they use the customers wood?? Is your 686 a Pro Center? Wonder because of the ported bbl.. Here's my 686-3 just 'cause this thread is morphing into a show'n'tell... :-) :whistling:

9d4cd124.jpg

. Except I also read that the Navy Seals use the P226.

I often train pistol and carbine with a Navy Seal and his issued firearm as well as what he still uses is that beat up, spray painted, look likes crap Sig P226. He can hit targets running towards, away, lefty and righty with this gun. He won't get rid of it and I'm sure it has some deep stories and secrets it holds.... Great pistol.

Great plan Pucster!

Unfortunately it won't work for me. I load all my ammo and SWMBO knows it!

I've got a love/hate relationship with Sig Sauer. I'm a holster maker and Sig Sauer is the bane of my existence on that plane. They make minor(sometimes major) milling changes to their pistols on a semi regular basis and will deny it faithfully. This makes it extremely hard for me to guarantee fitment on their products. Don't even get me started on their new "Original" P225. What a joke!

That said, I absolutely love the new Sig P365, 9mm micro. They hit the ball out of the park with this one. It is on my short list.

As far as cheap 9mm pistols go, take a look at Walther. If you can find a PPX(discontinued) grab it. They were about $250 new and may be the best bang for the buck I've ever seen. They are ugly though. They remind me of the illegitimate offspring of a High Point and a PPQ. The newer Walther Creed is in the same but different category. It's a better looking PPX still at a lower price point. The PPX is not rated for +p ammo though so if that's important to you don't bother.

$0.02, YMMV

please consider the PPQ. It's is an Excellent, reliable gun that has a superior trigger and hits the mark. It's durable and of all the other polymer walthers, this one is hands down ahead of the rest. The 9mm is solid, low recoils and does not have any FTF or FTE. I've run 1000's of rounds from FMJ to P+ to hollow points and it never jams. A phenomenal piece of goodness...

Finally got around to getting a couple pics of a few of my handguns. First is the matched Bisley Rugers. 44 Mag on top. It currently has a scope mount on it when I had a 2X scope mounted for deer hunting. Bottom is the .22 LR. Next is a Long Slide AMT in .45ACP (8" barrel).

Next is a Jennings .380 Auto I keep available in the house. Planning on a 9mm whenever I can decide on a make & model.

WIN_20180408_13_40_14_Pro.jpg

WIN_20180408_13_40_43_Pro.jpg

WIN_20180408_13_45_25_Pro.jpg

Nice guns. I really like the Bisley style. May have to add one if I come across a good deal.

What really sold me on them was the full length grip. On the Blackhawk models my pinkie finger would be on the base of the grip. Also when firing the gun would rotate much more ,especially the 44Mag. The Bisley with its longer & narrower grip fit my hand much better. With the lower hammer spur cocking was a whole lot easier too, especially with gloves on. I just love shooting them.

Larry

What really sold me on them was the full length grip. On the Blackhawk models my pinkie finger would be on the base of the grip. Also when firing the gun would rotate much more ,especially the 44Mag. The Bisley with its longer & narrower grip fit my hand much better. With the lower hammer spur cocking was a whole lot easier too, especially with gloves on. I just love shooting them.

Larry

You might take a look at a Navy Arms Uberti Colt Bisley copy... whew!! That was a mouth full... :-) The Uberti is a copy of the original Colt, while the Ruger except for the lowered thumb spur doesn't come close..and I'm a Ruger guy... The grip is the biggest difference and the Colt has a much more pronounced birds head. The first 900 or so Colt Bisley's were originally designed to be used as a target gun and named after the Bisley England matches. It later morphed into a prized guns by folks across the US because of it's accuracy and comfort. Never for use in competition. My 2¢

PS: The original Bisleys bring 20 grand or more on the used market... Thank God for Italy... :-)

Edited by Condor