IGNORED

Too much stuff...

Condor

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As a newlywed I carried a a picture of my beautiful wife with me in case I was ever tempted. When I got older, I took a picture of all my s*** and carried half of it with me in case I was tempted.

in the Eternal scheme of things, this isn't even the blink of an eye.

As a newlywed I carried a a picture of my beauti

You know, I kind of wonder about this 'eternity' thing. What if you could take it with you? Does God have unlimited storage space or do we really need to have a pyramid built on earth in our honor to stash everything?

How many motorcycles would fit in Pharoh Ramses pyramid?

Ramses.jpg

You know, I kind of wonder about this 'eternity' thing. What if you could take it with you? Does God have unlimited storage space or do we really need to have a pyramid built on earth in our honor to stash everything?

How many motorcycles would fit in Pharoh Ramses pyramid?

http://www.venturerider.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=111433

Somehow I think that once we move to that Eternal life, we will be so overwhelmed by the presence of the One True God and His Son, is that none of the junk we think is so important now will even be missed. Prepare to be astounded by pure love, pure Justice, pure Truth, forever.

Somehow I think that once we move to that Eternal life, we will be so overwhelmed by the presence of the One True God and His Son, is that none of the junk we think is so important now will even be missed. Prepare to be astounded by pure love, pure Justice, pure Truth, forever.

Yeah, it will be amazing, but as long as I'm on this side of the green I'll still hold on to some STUFF.....:innocent-emoticon:

(sorry if this offends anyone but....)

If I can't take most of my stuff with me I'm not going ! Wherever I may end up !

(sorry if this offends anyone but....)

If I can't take most of my stuff with me I'm not going ! Wherever I may end up !

That's interesting. Two such varying perspectives. And I'm not claiming either is better than the other, but there just isn't any Thing in this life that I wouldn't shuck today. The souls that I might stay for (having made decisions of they're own) will be there anyway, eventually, so that's no biggie. Don't take this as a death wish it's just I'll happily leave it behind, I got nothing left to prove.

But don't get me wrong, no matter how long I get to/have to be here, there's a whole lot of stuff ain't nobody taking from me!

Back to the original idea of the thread.....

Today I called the RV guys and told them no on the travel trailer. They had a good deal on a 2013 Coleman 249 RB that we liked. It had lots of storage, one slide out and and full functionality with slide in. Lots of extras as well.

BUT....

We have to much "STUFF" already and need to consolidate before we add any more toys!

Sigh.....And I could have pulled it with my Yukon!

20180120_152032.jpg

Time to sell some more "STUFF"! :bang head:

Edited by videoarizona

Migawd, wish we hadn't started reading THIS thread!

This coming Fall we will be 'downsizing' in MAGNUM mode. At 76, we already had to give up cutting the 2.5 acres of grass. If it doesn't stop snowing SOON, plowing our 1,000' driveway is gonna be next.

THE PROBLEM: we live in a five bedroom barn with thirty-three 3' x 5' windows, many facing the waterfront. When the wind she blows from the Nort' by gar, you watch the needle on the 900 liter propane tank slide down... rather rapidly.

So... we've put down a deposit to hold a nice 3 bdrm, two story home on a quiet court in town. Unfortunately, the lot is locked in by neighboring properties on all sides, and there's only one double garage... compared to TWO double garages here, plus the 2.5 acres to park stuff on.

'All' we have to do is figure out where our beloved 15 yr old John Deere 4100 compact tractor with bucket, 54" snow blower, and power-angling plow fits in the equation, along with a 2014 Acura MDX, 2012 Honda CR-V, a 2016 Yamaha AWD Wolverine SxS, a 2012 full-size 400 cc Yamaha Majesty Scooter, and a 18.5' Smoker Craft Pro Angler 182XL tin boat. That's just the BIG stuff. The second floor has five bedrooms, plus a Family room big enough to hold a 4' x 6' pool table, which the three youngest Grand Kids LOVE.

We figure being in town - maybe just one truck; thereby getting the boat inside. But, that's as far as things have progressed at this point... one thing is certain; this is really gonna hurt!~

Rgds, WRIDR

This coming Fall we will be 'downsizing' in MAGNUM mode. At 76, we already had to give up cutting the 2.5 acres of grass. If it doesn't stop snowing SOON, plowing our 1,000' driveway is gonna be next.

THE PROBLEM: we live in a five bedroom barn with thirty-three 3' x 5' windows, many facing the waterfront. When the wind she blows from the Nort' by gar, you watch the needle on the 900 liter propane tank slide down... rather rapidly.

So... we've put down a deposit to hold a nice 3 bdrm, two story home on a quiet court in town. Unfortunately, the lot is locked in by neighboring properties on all sides, and there's only one double garage... compared to TWO double garages here, plus the 2.5 acres to park stuff on.

'All' we have to do is figure out where our beloved 15 yr old John Deere 4100 compact tractor with bucket, 54" snow blower, and power-angling plow fits in the equation, along with a 2014 Acura MDX, 2012 Honda CR-V, a 2016 Yamaha AWD Wolverine SxS, a 2012 full-size 400 cc Yamaha Majesty Scooter, and a 18.5' Smoker Craft Pro Angler 182XL tin boat. That's just the BIG stuff. The second floor has five bedrooms, plus a Family room big enough to hold a 4' x 6' pool table, which the three youngest Grand Kids LOVE.

We figure being in town - maybe just one truck; thereby getting the boat inside. But, that's as far as things have progressed at this point... one thing is certain; this is really gonna hurt!~

Rgds, WRIDR

Rgds, WRIDR

Not hurt, more like "OUCH" when you get rid of all that. The problem I see coming when it is time to downsize is getting rid of all the nick-knack- paddy-wack family heirlooms that have been collected through the years. Just asking the questions on what to do with this will bring on the tears from the evil-one. I've already figured it out that I've just got to make it longer than her. Good luck with that .Right!:rotf::duck::backinmyday:

You Guys are NOT helping!

We forgot 'The Attic'!

Same size as the five bedroom-plus-Family-Room second story, and now FULL of Three Kids Stuff, along with our dearly beloved-but-now-departed Martyr-In-Law's "Don't you DARE throw that away!" furniture. Two buffets, one large Hutch, a FULL dining room suite!!, several 'priceless' chairs, and Organ that plays if the humidity drops below 30%.

There's also another boat 'n trailer: a 12 footer with nearly new Yamaha 10 hp o.b., which was supposed to go to the youngest (44) Kid and Family, so they could learn to fish the Detroit River. That lasted ten days and one large wave from a passing Freighter, before The Kid reloaded with an 18 footer, and... we drove six hours to get it back! (Sigh.)

Clarification: before anybody jumps in to accuse us of too much horn tooting, wait until YOU hit 76, with Kids 'n Grand Kids, and have (had) a nearly empty attic. We didn't want this barn; it came with the shoreline property we bought to retire on, so we could live out our Golden Years in peace and tranquility.

We may need therapy...

Rgds, WRIDR

:sign yeah that::sign yeah that::sign yeah that::sign yeah that: If ya could take one with ya which one??? I would take the World Famous "Blue Beast" With a few parts to add......:innocent-emoticon::backinmyday:

LOL Ya know for years I've read about this 'Blue Beast'... 'Cause I think the Warden has been slappin' Dan up along the head a little too much, and it's a figgy mint of Dan's imagination.... :-) :whistling:

:worthless:

http://www.cast-aways.com/CONDORPICS/Sam-Side.jpg

We forgot 'The Attic'!

Same size as the five bedroom-plus-Family-Room second story, and now FULL of Three Kids Stuff, along with our dearly beloved-but-now-departed Martyr-In-Law's "Don't you DARE throw that away!" furniture. Two buffets, one large Hutch, a FULL dining room suite!!, several 'priceless' chairs, and Organ that plays if the humidity drops below 30%.

There's also another boat 'n trailer: a 12 footer with nearly new Yamaha 10 hp o.b., which was supposed to go to the youngest (44) Kid and Family, so they could learn to fish the Detroit River. That lasted ten days and one large wave from a passing Freighter, before The Kid reloaded with an 18 footer, and... we drove six hours to get it back! (Sigh.)

Clarification: before anybody jumps in to accuse us of too much horn tooting, wait until YOU hit 76, with Kids 'n Grand Kids, and have (had) a nearly empty attic. We didn't want this barn; it came with the shoreline property we bought to retire on, so we could live out our Golden Years in peace and tranquility.

We may need therapy...

Rgds, WRIDR

I have to laugh at your pain. We too have a attic, but it is really a unfinished bedroom. It is packed to the gills with what I couldn't tell you, but none of it is worth the powder to blow it up. Last time I opened the door to put something up there I literally fogged it on top and closed the door. My son came home from the Army 5 yrs ago and has been living in our upstairs apt. filling it up too. The rest of my children seem to think my place is a storage locker also. I bought a semi-trailer at a auction 3 years ago to store my workshop stuff in until I finished redoing it {basically a total revamp} and my daughter has taken it over too. Someday I'm going to have a large bonfire. :225:

We forgot 'The Attic'!

We may need therapy...

Rgds, WRIDR

I'm in Kitchener so not that far from you. I'd gladly come with a truck and trailer and haul away some of the good stuff you don't have room for. I won't even charge you for taking it away. I've always wanted a boat...wife could use a buffet and hutch....

:lightbulb::lightbulb::lightbulb::lightbulb::lightbulb::lightbulb::lightbulb::lightbulb::lightbulb::lightbulb::lightbulb:

You DID IT @Condor,,, YOU are a GENIUS my brother!! You single handedly discovered the answer to that life long timeless question of "WHY DO WE RIDE?"!!!!

The answer we have all been searching for = "TO ESCAPE OUR ACCUMULATION OF STUFF BACK HOME"!!!! :dancefool::clap2::thumbsup2:

:7_2_102[1]::bikersmilie::bikersmilie::7_6_2[1]::7_2_104[1]::7_2_104[1]::7_6_3[1]::900[1]:

Over the last few years, I've gotten a new perspective on collecting stuff. As a Real Estate flipper, boy oh boy did I collect really cool stuff left behind. Hence a large storage barn filled, and my 1/2 of the garage, lol. But my new perspective came a couple years back when I moved my dad to a nursing home (mom already passed), and I had to deal with all his stuff. 85 year old man, same house 50+ years, do you get my drift. I swore after the weeks, dumpsters, and cursing it took me to sift through their stuff, make rational plans with it, donate, you name it, I swore I'd never leave that type of situation for my kids to deal with. My only point is simple. We all are collectors of very important stuff. But when it's time to say, I'll never use that again, well it's time to find it a new home.

Because no-one wants to deal with it after you move to your next stage.

:beer:

Over the last few years, I've gotten a new perspective on collecting stuff. As a Real Estate flipper, boy oh boy did I collect really cool stuff left behind. Hence a large storage barn filled, and my 1/2 of the garage, lol. But my new perspective came a couple years back when I moved my dad to a nursing home (mom already passed), and I had to deal with all his stuff. 85 year old man, same house 50+ years, do you get my drift. I swore after the weeks, dumpsters, and cursing it took me to sift through their stuff, make rational plans with it, donate, you name it, I swore I'd never leave that type of situation for my kids to deal with. My only point is simple. We all are collectors of very important stuff. But when it's time to say, I'll never use that again, well it's time to find it a new home.

Because no-one wants to deal with it after you move to your next stage.

:beer:

I ain't ready for that next stage yet.......:Avatars_Gee_George::Avatars_Gee_George::innocent-emoticon:

I ain't ready for that next stage yet.......:Avatars_Gee_George::Avatars_Gee_George::innocent-emoticon:
I had kept my youngest son's address at his mom's house on my bulletin board for 8 years. Cleaned up the bulletin board one day and decided what I don't need that anymore he's off to college. Threw it out. One little piece of paper gone! Not three days later my sister-in-law called wanting Mason address to send something to make sure he'd get it!

The other item was a thing for work. Thinking I don't need to move this thing around all the time anymore after 10 years, I threw it away. 2 weeks later I had to buy a new one because I needed the exact thing I had thrown away.

Oh my friend, non of us are :rotf:

I got a start, when I was purging his 50 years of tax folders and boxes, I had a shredder truck come to his house. I too, took my many years of taxes, receipts, credit card statements, etc and disposed. Kept 10 years back. I now have a Travel Trailer, and each spring, I purge, and make a 'To Burn' bag. Old documents burn up nicely in bonefires.

Besides, I cleaned out many boxes of papers and viloa, I had more shelf space in the barn. :whistling: