IGNORED

Here she is!

Mopar4ever

I've had mine since last year and aside from the 300 mile ride home I have hardly ridden it. On the way home from purchase I already had a full list of the TLC it would need and over the winter I completed nearly all the work. I got my first real ride last week and I'm in love too. I'm taking her to WY, CO and NE in a few days.

Thanks for letting us see her and congrats!

Looks good ... nice color too ... did it have the 2nd gear issue fixed?.
don't know, the guy I bought her from had it since 2003 and only put 4800km on, he bought it from a guy who was in his 80s and has now passed. The PO didn't know anything about the issue, so didn't know to ask. All I can say is that 2nd works perfectly right now.

Thanks everyone, now that I have her I'll just have to dole out the $12 bucks to help keep this place going LOL.

It will be the best $12 you will ever spend! Welcome to our motorcycle "Gang"! :bighug:

Beauty of a Bike too! By the way, have you named her/him yet? Every bike needs a name....in my humble opinion of course. :mytruck1:

It will be the best $12 you will ever spend! Welcome to our motorcycle "Gang"! :bighug:

Beauty of a Bike too! By the way, have you named her/him yet? Every bike needs a name....in my humble opinion of course. :mytruck1:

Not yet, she hasn't told me her name yet.

:happy34: Eligible for Collector Plates & Cheap insurance too! Maybe that's the route I should have taken.

Mind you that $12 membership here will actually cost you Cd$18 or thereabouts.

Welcome, to the forum, hope to see you on the road, if we ever get some decent weather again.... Where in the Lower Mainland are you?

:happy34: Eligible for Collector Plates & Cheap insurance too! Maybe that's the route I should have taken.

Mind you that $12 membership here will actually cost you Cd$18 or thereabouts.

Welcome, to the forum, hope to see you on the road, if we ever get some decent weather again.... Where in the Lower Mainland are you?

Needs a bit of work to get collector plates, but might work on that over the winter. I'm in Abbotsford.

Needs a bit of work to get collector plates, but might work on that over the winter. I'm in Abbotsford.

Doesn't look like she needs too much work at all, & they only need photographs afaik. We're not far apart, I'm in Mission.

Doesn't look like she needs too much work at all, & they only need photographs afaik. We're not far apart, I'm in Mission.

Well, the paint shows better in the photos than in real life LOL. Plus it's missing the fairing lowers. Needs the Paint and striping redone, a couple of badges restored. For me it needs the CASS repaired, and the Stereo. I'll have to track down a few pieces, but it's all part of the fun with these older bikes. Interestingly I bought the bike in Mission.

Well, the paint shows better in the photos than in real life LOL. Plus it's missing the fairing lowers. Needs the Paint and striping redone, a couple of badges restored. For me it needs the CASS repaired, and the Stereo. I'll have to track down a few pieces, but it's all part of the fun with these older bikes. Interestingly I bought the bike in Mission.

I'm a total paint noob but I got some direction and guidance on the Vmax side and painted/clearcoated my Vmax and it looks damn near pro. It took some time and I bought from an auto body. Picked color and went to it, spending decent amounts of time on prep. It's very doable. This is the part where you pick out a saphire blue or a she-looked-18-to-me red. I would always be happy to share what I learned painting my other bike.

If/when I paint mine I probably wont worry about going two tone or striping. I may go pearl white or a slightly darker blue than my Vmax came out.

DSCN1182.jpg

I'm a total paint noob but I got some direction and guidance on the Vmax side and painted/clearcoated my Vmax and it looks damn near pro. It took some time and I bought from an auto body. Picked color and went to it, spending decent amounts of time on prep. It's very doable. This is the part where you pick out a saphire blue or a she-looked-18-to-me red. I would always be happy to share what I learned painting my other bike.

If/when I paint mine I probably wont worry about going two tone or striping. I may go pearl white or a slightly darker blue than my Vmax came out.

I'll be practising my paint on my Wimg project before I'll tackle the Venture. I have to stick with stock if I decide to go with collector plates. Of course if I don't worry about that? Hmmm.... could go super pretty LOL.

I'll be practising my paint on my Wimg project before I'll tackle the Venture. I have to stick with stock if I decide to go with collector plates. Of course if I don't worry about that? Hmmm.... could go super pretty LOL.

I don't understand this "collector plate" thing. I thought (initially) that as you say, the vehicle had to be stock to get them, but I've seen some cars & trucks that are most definitely NOT stock yet they have collector plates. How come? Are there "different" categories of "collector vehicles". I'm pretty sure they don't inspect the vehicles but merely go from owner supplied photos.

I don't understand this "collector plate" thing. I thought (initially) that as you say, the vehicle had to be stock to get them, but I've seen some cars & trucks that are most definitely NOT stock yet they have collector plates. How come? Are there "different" categories of "collector vehicles". I'm pretty sure they don't inspect the vehicles but merely go from owner supplied photos.

Yeah if the vehicle, cars only at this point, is pre 1971 and modified in a way consistent with the timeframe, you can get them. Each case is judged separately with this, and many have been rejected for silly things. It's actually a lot harder to get collector plates for a car than it is for a bike, but you also have more options. Bikes are straight forward a few pics and keeping it stock are all that's needed. It does get a little odd with modifications though as they sometimes let period correct bolt ons through the process on touring bikes. I know a guy with a wing, that has a bunch of extra chrome on it that got the plates, as he was able to provide proof that they were added in the original purchase. They seem to be more strict on all other bikes except factory dressers.

Every locality has different rules for collector plates. Sometimes dramatically different. Some places only look at the model year on the title all the way to other places expect showroom stock. There are also dramatic differences in how the vehicle can be driven, from only to / from a show to no driving restrictions at all. Check YOUR local laws.