IGNORED

I Drank the Kool-Aid

ToyOdie

Last October my beter half and I rented a Harly Road Glide Ultra Limited when we were in Vegas. This was the first big Harley I had ever ridden, and I was impressed. Long story short, I have been looking at Harlys ever since. I found a 2016 Electra Glide Ultra Limited Low I couldn't live without. Sorry guys. The Kool-Aid was just too good to pass up. Pictures coming soon.

Congrats! Hope you love your new bike.

Now, to fit in with your newfound Harley family, you'll get the opportunity to stock up on massive amounts of Harley Davidson dealership t-shirts, dew rags with flames on them, frayed sleeveless shirts of all kinds, a##less chaps for the lady in yer life, fingerless leather riding gloves, etc, etc, etc.

That'll be fun.

Big Lenny

:sign kewl: A HUGE :ice_congrats-vi6886 and a GIANT WOWZY WOW WOW WOW to ya Odie!!!!

Thank you also for addressing the :photographing:'s issue so the :photographing::cop: dont have to be called in = CAN NOT WAIT TO SEE HER!!!! Buddy traded in his 2012 Ultra Limited on "The Low" last fall = :scared:= gorgeous scoot!! I have already spent a little time on it (got a BUNCH of gear heads around here - we are always stealing each others rides) = I am considerably taller than Dave - the owner of the low - and found the limited to fit me better. Tell ya what though - the low fits him to a T:thumbsup:!!! Gotta hand it to HD, they go ALL OUT to make that perfect fit happen!!

Bottom line my friend, hope you folks enjoy the living day lights out of your new scoot - if it were ours we would ride that sweetheart till the wheels fell off - take er in for warranty wheels and start over (teach The Motor Company to sell me an unlimited miles extended warranty :big-grin-emoticon:) - hope you do the same!!!!!

Now,, about those :photographing:'s,,,, :icon_lurker:

:scared: must of been posting this while I was typing that last message :scared:

WOWZY WOW WOW WOW = SHE IS GORGEOUS Ode - absolutely GORGEOUS!!:thumbsup: CONGRATS!!!:thumbsup:

Better be thinkin of a name for her - dont want no opportunity for hard feelings to start setting in - treat er like part of the family and she'll do the same (IMHO)!!

Ya know,, NO ONE,, I MEAN NO ONE paints a scoot like those folks at Harley - them boys got it down!!!!!:scared:

Puc, I think I'm gonna go with Rosie for the name. This is a low model but it has a standard seat on it. You don't sit quite as low which made it more comfortable for me. And no it doesn't rattle your nuts off. The 2017 model with the Milwaukee "8" engine does have rubber mounts which even reduces the vibration more. This is a 2016 so it doesn't have those mounts and it vibrates mostly at idle. I had them put a set of Vance and Hines pipes on. They gave it a really low rumble.

They are great looking and yours just pops. Congrats

I am sorta stuck on cruisers with shaft drive. But since the touring cruiser list is getting shorter, and even shorter for full liquid cool with shaft drive, every year; I may have to change my ways if I want a new ride.

If I went with a new ride I do believe the Ultra would be on my very short list. Maybe the CVO. I sure like the looks, just not the culture that seems to be expected when a guy rides a Harley.

Enjoy it. As said above, that is what counts.

"ROSIE" = PERFECT (IMHO),, I really think she's gonna LOVE it Odie!!!:thumbsup:

I have spent a fair amount of time on an assortment of the Twin Cam's (have owned, buy/sell, a few of them too - including an 03 88" that I stuck a gear driven supercharger on = FUN!!) and gotta say - Harley has come a LONG way's working the shakes out of the 45 degree V-Twin. Compared to the Shovel Head days that I grew up in = wayyyyy better and NOTHING like the familiar "buzz" of the parallel twins (grew up on Honda 350 Motosports).. I think they have about perfected production crank balancing and hit it pretty close on their piston matching too. Also, modern ignition and injection helps a lot IMHO.. Using a compensator on the crank has helped a ton too as does belt drive. They some how have driven that old school "shake" right down to the bottom R's and, again, being an old school Shovel fool = I gotta say,, very smooth once off idle - IMHO.. Still gotta lock tight em out if ya split em apart to drop cams or some head work on em though!! Only thing I really dont care for about this newer stuff is some of the loss of that familiar "tater dee tater dee tater dee" cause ya cant get em idle low enough - part of the disadvantage of having EFI and being a carb guy I rekon..

Havent had a chance to ride a new "8" yet Odie.. Not been feeling best the last bit of time and totally missed the opportunity to test ride one when the local dealership had demo days at season end last year = REALLY REALLY wanted to though!!

Snype, yea,, that sure sounds like the ever popular - BEST SELLER - Street Glide you be talking about = SHARP SCOOTS!! So sharp that HD has been able to bag top dollar out of em for eeee - ons!! I remember a few years ago getting into a discussion with one of our local HD salesmen (guys my neighbor - knows I love to :Im not listening to motorcycles and hang out at "the shop").. Sticker on the Streetglide matched the Electra Glide sitting next to it - got lookin, SG had same frame/motor = same basic bike only was missing the tour pak (2000 dollars worth of parts) and some other stuff. Told the salesmen I was SHOCKED more folks didnt buy the EG - strip it and save the parts in case they ever needed em.. He laughed and said "thats cause most new bike buyers dont "think" like you do:missingtooth:.. Gotta another neighbor (really good friend) who has a gorgeous 2010 Ultra Limited that I helped build the motor on when it was brand new. We also stuck a detachable tour pak kit on it. Now he rides the thing more with out the pak than with and, I gotta tell ya,,, his "bagger" is one of the sharpest "Street Glide" looking baggers ya ever did see!! We massaged it out to 105 horse and 103 foot pounds on the dyno and it FLIES too!! :biker:

PLUS - he can instantly snap on his OEM color matched tour pak and presto change o" - instant touring scoot!!! :happy34:

GOOD GRIEF ODIE - THAT ROSIE IS SO PRETTY SHE ALMOST MAKES MY EYES HURT FOR STARING AT HER :178::guitarist 2:

Yesterday I went to the retiree luncheon for people who worked for nuke plant where I used to work. Talked to a retiree who tours a lot on his Wide Glide, whatever that is. He said he takes it easy on it and doesn't exceed 60 or 65 mph even when touring out west. And, he had over 180k miles on his bike with no engine rebuilds. Never heard of a Harly lasting that long.

And, he had over 180k miles on his bike with no engine rebuilds. Never heard of a Harly lasting that long.

I have a friend that has an 05 wide glide that he bought new. He has 160,000 miles on it and still counting. He rides it from Florida to St. Louis every year.

Really nice looking bike! I ride a 2011 Road Glide and love it. Best part is making it yours. I did handlebars matching pegs, floor boards, grips, quick tatch backrest and drivers backrest from HD when I bought it new. Could've gotten along without the matching stuff but it thought what the heck, I'm only doing this once. Only other thing i added from HD was the"Heavy Breather" air Breather when I did the stage one 2 years after I bought it.

Each year at Sturgis I add something, I know I can find stuff cheaper on line etc. But I can put my hands on it and give it a look over.

I have stuff from Rush, Kuryakyn, J&P, Harley Goodies, Soft lowers from Desert Dog, and windshield (common for rg's) from National Cycle.

I saved a lot of money by shopping around, but some of the HD stuff is just as affordable. The HD handlebars were 80 bucks. Just remember once ya start tinkering, it gets hard to stop.....best mod I did was order spacers for the floorboards to move them out from the frame. Moved them out approximately 3/4 inch for about 30 bucks. Huge improvement, and you don't notice it by looking at it.

Have fun and enjoy it!

BUY THE EXTENDED WARRANTY!!!!!!

My brother bought his at the Daytona Spring show from a local dealer there. He love's it i mean he rides the heck out of it. His Cross bones is sitting in the garage covered up he likes the "ULTRA" so much. He even take the bike to the grocery store even if it means two trips on a saturday. The new pickup the company bought hime is for going to work and back only now, and he "sneaks" the bike in on two or three Fridays a month on that.

He crosses the state of Florida, 180 miles one way almost every other weekend. He's been on round trip to New jersey on it. Did the Dragon. Drove to Key west. Multiple bike runs here and there.

In that time the gripes came apart twice (the rubber).

over 12 updates to the Harley software.

Blue tooth unit went out

Shifter broke inside, the trans somewhere.

then new motor (yes new) not rebuildable something came lose inside and he had 1000 miles left on the warranty, that was back in April he and just clocked 35,000 miles in the 14 months he had it.

Now the good, he had the original rear tire replaced when he had the engine done so he got 35K out of it. It gets phenominal fuel milage he usually gases up at every other stop when riding with us. The overall fit and finish is incredible. He can talk hands free at hi way speeds on the blue tooth. That bike has a lot of giddy up when we get silly, (its the first Harley I couldn't out run), the engineering is awesome it still has that iconic Harley sound and engine vibration when sitting at a light, but some how it doesn't get to the driver anymore!! Oh and the key fob!!!!! not having to put the key in is freakin AWESOME. The headlight, well theres been posts here about guys fitting that system into the RSV. The saddle is lower!! Just all around an incredible bike.

Now i'm sure any bike ridden that hard would have issues. Especially high speed crossing of the state. now yours is a model year newer so some of the kinks may be solved in production updates. I'm just saying is that is one heck of an investment, and if you fall for it like he did you may be putting a lot more miles on it than you used to. Its great piece of mind!