IGNORED

68 days till spring

Stache

There is a theory that once all the ice thaws and melts into the oceans it will stop the ocean currents and plunge us into another Ice Age. They have done ice borings that have shown the earth succumbing into and Ice Age in 20 years time. Now if this happens I'm buying seal meat in a couple of years just to start to get a taste for it. :scratchchin:

Being an old fart and knowing about all the advice and predictions from the "experts" in the past, it's hard not to be skeptical.

Remember when the lack of an ozone layer was going to be catastrophic? When was the last time you read an article about the ozone layer?

Remember when they said eat margarine instead of butter? Eggs were bad for you? On and on. I'm one old fart mound of fat skepticism!

Well I guess Im getting older. That being said, In college some 30 years ago, a professor showed how west Texas would be a tropical environment in 20 years because of the climate changing. Well here I am , still in west Texas and it is still semi arid, some call it high desert. I have enjoyed the nice weather this week to ride every day so far (60s and 70s), chilly mornings but great afternoons. Great chance for rain this weekend, maybe a soaker?

Bill

Spring? I have had more than my fill of snow and cold weather, and it is only the second week of January, 68 days will seem like an eternity.

Teach me for living in the Great White North.

:sign yeah that::sign yeah that: you should move down here 10 days of winter, 1 mention of snow on weather report then spring again.

We have to live where we can get a job. When I was laid off after 21 years when the company was downsizing and trying to shed as many retirement obligations as possible, I started working temporary contracts doing the same job at other nuke plants. I spent winters in Nebraska, upstate Wisconsin, Illinois, Michigan, Ohio, mid-state New York, Virginia, and Pennsylvania. I had my fill of the frozen north but I was happy to get the jobs. The plant northwest of Richmond had snow a foot deep at Christmas. I also worked in Fl two times, in the Crystal River area and in Homestead for over 3 1/2 years. I loved the weather, the water, and the fishing in southern FL! Right after I win the lottery, I'm buying a house in the Keys! Ha!

I'm originally from Massachusetts now living near Baton Rouge, LA. We did recently have some uncharacteristically cold weather (22F) that made me think that I should have kept on going south .... like Belize maybe?

Anyway, I played hookie from my IT consulting job this afternoon to take about a two hour ride to no-where. 78F, blue skies with a few clouds.

Yes, I know it gets hot as a MF in the summer here but you don't have to shovel it!

I can't say much for the rest of the country but spring will be here before we know it. If you can call it spring. Temps in the high 50's to low 70's for a couple days them jump to the mid 80's and 90's. Then we will want it to bee cool again. I saw a bunch of Robins at work yesterday and I have never seen them in this area this early in the year.

I am guessing that Canada does not have many, if any, snow free places either. :snow::snow2::snow::snow2::snow:.
This winter we have had snow here for one day and icy roads for 3 days and it's been sunny and clear for just over a week. For the next week we're back to normal with just drizzle.

If I had money I'd move to Australia and if I wasn't old I'd move to Central America or Thailand. :sun:

Since I'm both old and broke I'm staying here. :backinmyday: :rain2:

If it hits 50 here on the Lake Michigan shoreline on Sunday this week, I am gonna drag Tweeks out by her horns and make her take me around the block:happy34:!!

As far as learning to live on Seal,, no problembo - cant be any worse than greasy Racoon or Possum like me n my grandpa used to digest!!!!! :hihi:

Besides, ground up into a Hot Dog - probably pretty tasty!!!:witch_brew:

If I win Powerball I'm buying me a lot on top of Crown Mountain!! Next door to Megan Bay!! Try and find me there Fool!!!:innocent-emoticon: I don't think your machine has the range!!!:backinmyday:

Now this would be an interesting challenge on several fronts.

1. There are no empty lots on top of Crown Mountain to buy.

2. It would be an interesting challenge.

3. There is a WTJX-TV antenna right on the top of the mountain that I can use for a homing / aiming point.

Now this would be an interesting challenge on several fronts.

1. There are no empty lots on top of Crown Mountain to buy.

2. It would be an interesting challenge.

3. There is a WTJX-TV antenna right on the top of the mountain that I can use for a homing / aiming point.

You guys are really :witch_brew: tonight.:rotfl::rotf::rotf::rotfl:

Better take a look at google earth to see what is on that mountain, it is all built up, your neighbors are 10 feet away from you. You will need and even WANT a good snow storm to quiet things down.

On a brighter note, today is the average coldest day of the year. This means that the thermometer will now start climbing toward springtime, and then summer.

When I was on top of Crown Mountain in 93 there was a huge area on top with only one house. The Lady there invited me back after I let her touch off the dynamite we had to use to dig the hole for the pole we put up there!! She talked to us for hrs while we were getting pole in there!! I had a 200 ft shooting cord so there was no danger and she got so excited I thought she was gonna have a fit!!! Bout fell over when it went BOOM!! WE had coconuts fresh from the tree that day.