IGNORED

Carb sync tool

10spd

Does any one know if Harbor Freight sells a carb sync tool?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

10spd You wouldn't want it if they did. I have a Carbtune I no longer have a use for as I don't have a Venture any more and I don't work on other peoples bikes any more either. $75 postage paid.With case.

10spd You wouldn't want it if they did. I have a Carbtune I no longer have a use for as I don't have a Venture any more and I don't work on other peoples bikes any more either. $75 postage paid.With case.

Let me check with a friend. I probably won't use it much. I'll see if he wants one. Ill get bsck to you this afternoon. If thats ok.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

I use a set similar to the Emgo gauges Here's a link on EBay -- http://www.ebay.com/itm/UNIVERSAL-MOTORCYCLE-4-CYLINDER-CARBURETOR-SYNCHRONIZER-TUNER-5MM-6MM-/302156960566?hash=item4659f55336:g:bRoAAOSwo4pYRDVy&vxp=mtr

I've found these to be a bit more accurate than the Carb Tune type and very easy to use

This link even comes with a carry case. What I have is more like the following kit I have, though mine didn't come with the tire spoons. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Vacuum-Carburetor-Synchronizer-carb-sync-Gauge-3-Spoon-Motorcycle-Tire-Levers-/391655319777?hash=item5b3079e8e1:g:tbQAAOSwZJBX~Uke

Larry

Myself I have the gauges but for my tastes, they are not sensitive enough IMHO for super close balancing...

You need the gauge sets with adjustable valves to get fluctuations steady. Jay / Ragtop did several carb syncs at Don's MD last year using my gauges. Thought your bike was one of them?

For what its worth IMO gauges are still better than sticking sticks.

Larry

My offer still stands...

Hey Bob..

.Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you and Becky.

I also have a Carbtune I had ordered from England and never even opened the box.

Don't need it anymore since I now have fuel injected bike.

Same price. Can hold it for you if you still need one,till we meet again. Don't like the mailing hassles. ( Custom forms etc).

Abdul. :beer::canada:

Edited by chabicheka

Don't multi cylinder EFI bikes still need to be synced, unless they are running a common throttle body setup? The sync only gets all of the throttle plates to open at the same time so all cylinders are working equally has nothing to do with fuel air mixture.

:confused24::confused24::confused24:

Don't multi cylinder EFI bikes still need to be synced, unless they are running a common throttle body setup? The sync only gets all of the throttle plates to open at the same time so all cylinders are working equally has nothing to do with fuel air mixture.

:confused24::confused24::confused24:

Not sure, FF. Am not very mechanical minded. Don't know why I even ordered it, in first place. I just like buying stuff.:mo money::bawling:

Hey Bob..

.Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you and Becky.

I also have a Carbtune I had ordered from England and never even opened the box.

Don't need it anymore since I now have fuel injected bike.

Same price. Can hold it for you if you still need one,till we meet again. Don't like the mailing hassles. ( Custom forms etc).

Abdul. :beer::canada:

Thanks, Abdul, I'll take it!! We won't be at Saddlebum's M&E but if Father Time does another March one we will probably be at that one. I will pay you in person!

You need the gauge sets with adjustable valves to get fluctuations steady. Jay / Ragtop did several carb syncs at Don's MD last year using my gauges. Thought your bike was one of them?

For what its worth IMO gauges are still better than sticking sticks.

Larry

I also did a carb sync with carbon one's gage set, much better then carb tune. with that being said, the carb tune gets the job done. But not as accurate.

Hello everyone and happy new year

I have a Carbtune that I bought new when I had the RSV. Used 3-4 times. Steve K made the hoses neat and tidy. I'm asking $75 plus shipping. Would anyone be interested? Comes w case etc. hardly used. Really. LMK

Barry