IGNORED

Hey cowpuc!

Flyinfool

Yeah I still can't understand this Flail Chest thing. 20 months and it still hurts to take the deep breaths. And of course those VA docs pass along so much info. And they have seen me twice since the accident. Neither time did she mention the ribs. She did tell me they were taking away my pain pills. And sent me to a 1st year student for a eye doc. I really don't know a lot about the Flail Chest thing. It is nasty and they just let the ribs heal where they were and doing so cut down my lung capacity. That's why I keep the inhaler around. Try to stretch things back out. Long ways from 1967 when I ran the mile in 4min 30& 8/10s seconds. Sure wish I had them lungs back. You heal up Bro and got fingers crossed we can get together this summer. Not sure what I will be on. But I still got a 1st Gen almost as sweet as yours. And there is that Silver thing. And that Ugly 85. And....... Prayers up for ya Bro!!!

INDEED bro!! I read up on that Flailed Chest business when I was praying for you back after ya went down on Silver.. Brought tears to my eyes just to read about it - YEEEEOUCHY!!!! Still cant quite comprehend that one!!! Hope to hook up sometime this year too!! I still think you n that troublemakin sidekick of yours (Skidder) should toss a leg on the saddle and CTFW up here for a Hot Dog during a MGnEM!! Got a couple spare rooms (one with a bunk bed = be fun to get a pic of you two sleeping in the bunk beds to post up :happy65:) so ya dont hafta snooze in the weeds if ya dont wanna..

Speakin of what to ride,, you notice that Paysaw's got his scoot posted up? HOKEY SPAMOKEY is THAT a purdy bike:178::178:.. If I were younger and back to building my bike supply up instead of clearing things out (I still have dreams about and miss Olivia) and not investing heavily in the Medical field (I know you get that one) - I would LOVE to pick that sweetheart up!! Think its an 87ish,,, wow is that gorgeous!!!!!

cowpuc - just read your posting and VERY glad to hear you are home again and recovering from the ordeal. Sounds like things still a little up in the air and Sue and I will continue our prayers for a positive outcome. You and Tip have gone thru some sh-- this past year or so and you both deserve some respite. :amen:

We are renting a condo for a couple months down here in Gulf Shores trying to soak up as much warmth as we can. :sun: My only regret.....left Candy home. :doh:

Take care my good friend and get well so we can enjoy some hot dogs this summer......:guitarist 2:

Hi DAVE n SUE!!!!!!!!! Hope you 2 are having a BLAST down yonder!!! Got your card over Christmas = absolutely BEAUTIFUL our friends, JUST BEAUTIFUL = thank you both for the kind words and also for the Prayers Up on all this stuff!!! Cant belief you left Candy home:doh:!! If I had a great big beautiful brand new GORGEOUS Harley Tri-Glide like that I would,,,, I would probably do just like you two and ride when I can:cool10::cool10:!!! Looking forward to some Dogs and ride time brother too - Tip sends her love, says to say howdy to that precious wife of yours. Have fun and we'll see you both soon!!

Thanks for the Prayers Up my friend!

I was so glad to see your post. We have been sitting around for the past week sending prayers up, crossing fingers and sitting on pins and needles waiting for word. Then true to form your first post contained that descriptive narrative of our old nemesis Mr.Wile E Coyote.While reading that I could only think. THANK GOD, COWPUC IS BACK. Sorry about the pain, just hope the saying " no pain, no gain" applies in this case. Sounds like while the road is long, you still have many miles to go. But, before you know it instead of baby steps you'll be riding the venture down those miles. The place ain't quite the same without you around. Glad to have you back.:thumbsup::12101:
AWE,, thanks DragonSlayer!! Coming from you and knowing what your screen name is all about makes this message very special!! Thanks Bob!!

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Cowpuc

So very glad to see most of you back with us.

Hopefully all the nasty stuff is gone, PERMANENTLY.

I hope you have your Roll Reversal, Strange Change machine all wound up to be able to convert from Wile E. Coyote back into the Road Runner that we all know is the real you.

I can feel for your plumbing issues. It always takes me a full week to get things moving after those crazy docs get hold of me.

Monday morning I get to see doc and am hoping for a full release to allow me to get back to causing ALL of the trouble that I am so well known for.

I am sure you will be hot on my heels and back to conniving to do some sabotage in no time at all.

All Your buddy Dan was able to do was to cause a reset to mess on you..........:snow:

Just remember that I am holding some of the "Worlds Best" Hot Dogs and fresh frozen Custard just waiting for you to show up some day.

Prayers still heading up for you and your family Buddy.

Hey Cowpuc

So very glad to see most of you back with us.

Hopefully all the nasty stuff is gone, PERMANENTLY.

I hope you have your Roll Reversal, Strange Change machine all wound up to be able to convert from Wile E. Coyote back into the Road Runner that we all know is the real you.

I can feel for your plumbing issues. It always takes me a full week to get things moving after those crazy docs get hold of me.

Monday morning I get to see doc and am hoping for a full release to allow me to get back to causing ALL of the trouble that I am so well known for.

I am sure you will be hot on my heels and back to conniving to do some sabotage in no time at all.

All Your buddy Dan was able to do was to cause a reset to mess on you..........:snow:

Just remember that I am holding some of the "Worlds Best" Hot Dogs and fresh frozen Custard just waiting for you to show up some day.

Prayers still heading up for you and your family Buddy.

wow (20).JPG

DSCN3226.JPG

DSCN1763.JPG

DSCN2929.JPG

DSCN3024.JPG

DSCN3031.JPG

Better day Puc??
ABSOLUTELY = wayyy better - GOD IS GOOD AND ANSWERING THOSE PRAYERS MY BROTHER!! Actually got a pretty good walk in out in the fresh air today (almost 2 miles) = NICE!! Still able to stay off any form of pain meds, lots of stabbing here and burning there but nothing worse than slipping a kicker on an old sporty and bumping a shin on the peg = work thru it the old way by just keep going. Been doing Psylium (fiber) laxitive capsuls for cramps - really seem to be helping in that way - very little straining..

8:30 a.m. followup tomorrow with the surgeon. He said at the hospital we would know nothing for 5 weeks concerning my cancer. My groin area and all along my right side are almost black with bruising so at least it will be a good time to make sure something hasnt ripped lose and doing a little hemoraging. I asked and he checked at hospital on release (things were darkening up then) = said there would be some bruising - just not sure there should be this much.

Shoot brother,,,, all a VERY small price to pay if it all works out and no more nip n tuck, radiation or chemo has to be done.. Not that I am skeerd to go back to active duty in the trenches but I am more of a lover then a fighter = will fight when cornered though :big-grin-emoticon:

THANKS again for all the support Dan!!:thumbsup:

Prayers Still going up Bro. I got to fess up to something. I said that inhaler thing was sitting on my so I could use it. Now the truth. I quit using it because it hurt so much to do it soon after I got home. Feeling guilty bout that one so really have been hitting it last couple days. Still hurts in there but think I'm getting a little more air in!! I'll keep at it. Mine is strange because I hurt inside but got my want to up again today and hit that weight machine pretty hard. Probally hurt on inside and outside tomorrow!!! But that is a good hurt. Felt good about doing it today maybe I will finally find that "want to" again. Thanks for making me feel guilty, I'm gonna keep after that breathing contraption!! "WE" can do this Bro!! Now if I could just figure out how to sleep!!:backinmyday:

Prayers Still going up Bro. I got to fess up to something. I said that inhaler thing was sitting on my so I could use it. Now the truth. I quit using it because it hurt so much to do it soon after I got home. Feeling guilty bout that one so really have been hitting it last couple days. Still hurts in there but think I'm getting a little more air in!! I'll keep at it. Mine is strange because I hurt inside but got my want to up again today and hit that weight machine pretty hard. Probally hurt on inside and outside tomorrow!!! But that is a good hurt. Felt good about doing it today maybe I will finally find that "want to" again. Thanks for making me feel guilty, I'm gonna keep after that breathing contraption!! "WE" can do this Bro!! Now if I could just figure out how to sleep!!:backinmyday:

You are welcome :hihi: on making ya feel guilty bro - if, in the long run, it all adds up to "WE" getting to play a little longer, rider a farther, eat a little more ice cream, lose a few more tent poles, buy candy bars for a few more kids and harrass a few more new comers to the family = IT'S ALL GOOD!!!! Glad I could help Dan!! Ya know something I learned in playing with mine "breather"? If you completely, I mean forceably completely empty your lungs before you do the breath on the machine it seems to increase the volume you can pull.. Laying in that crazy hospital bed staring at that little machine and that "thought" crossed my mind while thinking about exactly what I was trying to do (flex my lungs).. Been doing for a few days now and gotta tell ya, pretty dog gone impressive how its working - I can now maintain a solid 3000 on the scale while staying between the lines and the draw amount (no sudden jerks in vacuum).

Soooo,,, latest news hot off the press!! 1st followup (next one is in 4 weeks) went like this!! From surgeon = I dont usually do this cause people are all different and its easy to give false hope that can really hurt them BUT - because you seem to have a pretty positive and understanding outlook on all this I can tell you = your lympth node test ALL came back perfectly clean :cool10::happy65:!! Other area biopsy results that are in at this time show the same :cool10:!! Healing of surgical site looks great - my almost black in color bruising (talk about spooky looking) is normal:happy65::cool10:! He REALLY appreciated my distaste for narcotic pain relief and me turning it down twice now (lived on the stuff for 3 years when I broke my back - just REALLY dont wanna go there again if I dont absolutely have to) without trying to work thru the pain first - he did kind of scold me though for over doing my excersizing (should not have told him about walking 2 miles :sign67:) - said to take it a little easier and give things a chance to heal:confused:.. Made a comment about how surprised he was I shaved off my beard pre-surgery - said he was glad to see me growing it back cause I looked more like me with it :Cartoon_397: :witch_brew::happy34: - I really like this guy, definitely my kinda people!!!! Bottom line, he was VERY optimistic that they got it!!! No guarentees of course (will know a LOT more in 4 weeks) and that is clearly understood BUT, God is gracious :thumbsup:, answers prayers and - like my dear friend Yammer Dan said above = "WE" can do this cause of that!!!!!

Thanks again everyone for the concerns, thoughts and prayers throughout this whole thing!!

Puc

Ahhh Good Ole Willie Nelson. Grew up on him and the Man in Black and hank.

Indeed Snype,, good ole Willie has ALWAYS been right at the top of my list, not followed to far behind by Johnny or Hank too!! Here's my favorite female Willie song singer,,, she did a pretty good job until the ugly varmint with the Harley had on messed her up... :big-grin-emoticon:

Edited by cowpuc

Prayers Continue!! I hit the weights again tonight!! Hope to keep the fire I've found the last week stoked. Almost forgot how good being sore can feel!! Don't push it too hard Bro but you know what you can handle more than anyone else. Bout 2500 is best I can do on that corntraption!! Turn it upside down til it hits the top then flip it back over and see how long you can keep it maxed out!!

Great news Puc, I am sure you will be back out CTFWing in no time. But go easy on the rehab, you don't want to break anything and have to in for any warranty work and get to start all over.:scared:

Just to tease you I will send some warm air and sunshine over the big pond this week. Maybe you can take the tractor up and down the driveway and pretend you are blowing :snow:. :rasberry::rotf:

Prayers Continue!! I hit the weights again tonight!! Hope to keep the fire I've found the last week stoked. Almost forgot how good being sore can feel!! Don't push it too hard Bro but you know what you can handle more than anyone else. Bout 2500 is best I can do on that corntraption!! Turn it upside down til it hits the top then flip it back over and see how long you can keep it maxed out!!

13 seconds on that one bro!!!!! DEFINITELY A GOOD WORK OUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:thumbsup:

Great news Puc, I am sure you will be back out CTFWing in no time. But go easy on the rehab, you don't want to break anything and have to in for any warranty work and get to start all over.:scared:

Just to tease you I will send some warm air and sunshine over the big pond this week. Maybe you can take the tractor up and down the driveway and pretend you are blowing :snow:. :rasberry::rotf:

:scared: talking 50 = THAT'S FIFTY - degrees for this weekend Commander!!! :scared: YOU da MAN Fool!!!!!:thumbsup:

Kick the tire n light the fires - if that happens = forget that dinky dalton john deer tractor with the blower attachment - I'm taking Tweeks!!!!!!!!!!:missingtooth:

Already got the PERFECT excuse too!! I am on a 10 pound weight lifting limit for a couple months - the lever that lifts the blower on the tractor is about a 20 pound pull = bad news (I actually knew this going in and lowered the lifted blower height to about 1 inch off the ground and planned to use it like that while recouping if needed).. Lifting Tweeksis off her side stand is NO WHERE NEAR that = I see a nice relaxing short ride around the hood on the scoot if the temps make 50!!:thumbsup::fingers-crossed-emo

I would bet that it takes a lot more than 10 lbs to lift Tweeks off the side stand. Just don't go blowing a gasket on all of that nice sewing work you had done. It is still pretty early.

Now you best be behavin yourself over there. Don't make me load up a batch of that 60° snow, that we had discussed earlier, just to keep you from hurting yourself.................

Edited by Flyinfool