IGNORED

Shipping a car from AZ to WV Who can be trusted ?

KIC

Anybody know a legitimate and trustworthy car transport company ? I want to ship a vehicle to my son in West Virginia and reading the web sites and reviews online it seems nobody has a "good" reputation. Hard to tell if the reviews are legit. Seems a lot of these carriers will hold the car for additional money upon arrival.

SSSooooo. anybody got a good recommendation ? :confused24:

Ummmm, what kind of car are we talking about?? Maybe Ragtop, Yammer, and I can do a road trip if the car is interesting enough...

:scared:,, you gonna use the services of this bunch ya better send some upper management supervision.. Let me check something real quick,, yep,, calendars open,,, good to go... SHOTGUN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

have references, will travel!!!:thumbsup:

KIC - seems like I read in our "Auto-Trader" of someone doing this independently.. Thinking the guy was based in Indiana or Illinois.. No idea good or bad, be glad to do a little digging and see if I can get a phone number if you would like.. If it were me, regardless of who it was I would ask for references from people who had actually had a car hauled by em too!! IMHO you are on the right track by posting this!!

Good luck!!

Puc

Ummmm, what kind of car are we talking about?? Maybe Ragtop, Yammer, and I can do a road trip if the car is interesting enough...

I don't think you would be interested since it is such an old car, red 66 Corvette convertible. 427, 4-speed , you know typical old car... :080402gudl_prv:

If you still need a carrier, I own a car lot in Grand Rapids, and buy a lot of cars in Florida and have had a number of them shipped. I use Scott from Bull Transport. He has a number of trucks on the road and has always done a great job for me.

His number is 616-581-9195. Tell him Darrin Tosh from D&L Auto Sales sent ya. He is a great guy to work with.

If you still need a carrier, I own a car lot in Grand Rapids, and buy a lot of cars in Florida and have had a number of them shipped. I use Scott from Bull Transport. He has a number of trucks on the road and has always done a great job for me.

His number is 616-581-9195. Tell him Darrin Tosh from D&L Auto Sales sent ya. He is a great guy to work with.

Thanks I'll call him. .. in the mean time ..

1 vette.jpg

I don't think you would be interested since it is such an old car, red 66 Corvette convertible. 427, 4-speed , you know typical old car... :080402gudl_prv:

How soon do you need it out to him? I do have a little experience with this type of car if it has a 6-pack on it also.

I would think a car this valuable I would want to use an enclosed trailer and an experience and insured hauler. I have heard some good things about Passport, https://www.passporttransport.com/

Or check out this site for recommendation for some different carriers. https://www.hagerty.com/articles-videos/articles/2012/11/29/transporting-your-classic

Good luck and if you really need it driven out there. Just PM me but no guarantee on how much tread will be left on the rear tires when I get there.. :rolleyes:

Rick F.

For over 30 years I made my living in the classic autobile trade, selling mustang parts and restorations. Dealing in other mucsle cars as a middle man for a profit. Just before I left the business started dabbling in antique cars (packards mostly). I shipped a lot cars around the country to and from my shop and well as sending cars to specialty shop for custom work and bringing them back for assembly.

I can personally recommend horsless carriage. Used them mulitple times. They're insured, every delivery as been within the time window quoted, and neaver a mark on a car that wasn't there when i bought it. I've used a few others that were cheaper. Had cars arrive filthy, 20 to 30 miles extra on the odometer ( just rolling offand trailer right?) one came 14 days late, others missing chrome, spare tires ect.

You get what you pay for!

Okay..Okay... time to come clean... You guys are soooooo predictable, and gullible, that I really couldn't help myself. The Corvette was just a picture I found online.

I am really trying to ship my 2002 Trailblazer to my son. I don't need a enclosed trailer, they want over $2,000 for that. I am still looking for a reputable hauler though... Seems like a lot of nightmares about drivers holding cars for additional fees (ransom)at time of delivery..

IMG_5108.jpgIMG_5104.jpg

Okay..Okay... time to come clean... You guys are soooooo predictable, and gullible, that I really couldn't help myself. The Corvette was just a picture I found online.

I am really trying to ship my 2002 Trailblazer to my son. I don't need a enclosed trailer, they want over $2,000 for that. I am still looking for a reputable hauler though... Seems like a lot of nightmares about drivers holding cars for additional fees (ransom)at time of delivery..

Bill,

When i bought the 89, i did the research and found same complaints about bike hauling. Some new ones too. Like "oh I can lift the bike up and put it right behind the cab." Uh..yea, right. 800 pounder riding back there...for sure!

I finally bit the bullet and went with HaulBikes. They were most expensive. But the bike came on time, in perfect shape and the driver was admiring it as he unloaded it. He rides an HD trike that was on truck as well. $600.

Worth every penny! Just saying cause unless you can find someone you know to drive it, it's going to cost.

BTW, it will probably cost about $1200 for someone to drive it and then fly back. I would volunteer to help drive it over but my schedule is pretty tied up... Depending upon when you want the truck there....

Pic is what i got for my money:IMG_20140424_110609_881.jpg

Edited by videoarizona
Add