IGNORED

Stupid VA Clinic

Yammer Dan

What a waste:95:.... Sorry to read this brother.. Hopefully change is coming in the near future with the care you and the rest of Vets are receiving.. It still makes no sense to me why you folks who have stood for our way of life cant just go to a local Dr./Care Facility for medical care. Got to be a reason but for the life of me, I just dont get it..

At any rate - THANK YOU for being there for us your bro!:thumbsup:

They also look for other things in the urine such as blood. Tells them something about your kidney function. If you are taking a statin, they sometimes affect kidneys and liver. In fact if you do research on the drugs that lots of people take, there seems to be a risk of kidney and/or liver damage from many of them. I've read that organ failure is at a record high.

Drive 150 miles most of a tank of gas. "Oh yeah we want you to pee in this cup!!!" Not sure what that was about. Are they accusing me of using Drugs??? Stupid F******!!! Got to go back Mon to see Doc???

Urinalysis maybe, a lot of medical conditions are diagnosed by a urinalysis.

I not sure with all this *****en and moanen about the VA care, and the lack of doing anything about it, why they don't just roll care over into Medicare. Then they can go anywhere for treatment. I pay less than $100 bucks a month for Medicare, and since I live in a big city I have a half dozen care facilities within 20 minutes of the house. I do belong to an HMO that picks up the tab on the 20% that MC doesn't cover. That runs me another $87 bucks a month. With Veterans I don't see why... I'm sure someone will come up with a reason...They don't give the Vet a 100% coverage card and let them go anywhere they want. They'll get better care, quicker care, and the VA budget can be rolled over into the Medicare budget. Plus think of all the money saved buy having one agency instead of two?? My 2¢....

Edited by Condor

Yup! Most likely looking for kidney disease! With kidney disease you pass more sugar and proteins than normal. Plus, you ARE a Vietnam vet, and Type 2 diabetes is linked to exposure to agent orange. Did they take a blood sample as well??

Also, PTSD does many many times use to drug use, and suicide. If they were looking for possible drug use it's only because they are trying to save lives, not convict them...

I not sure with all this *****en and moanen about the VA care, and the lack of doing anything about it, that they don't just roll care over into Medicare. Then they can go anywhere for treatment. I pay less than $100 bucks a month for Medicare, and since I live in a big city I have a half dozen care facilities within 20 minutes of the house. I do belong to an HMO that picks up the tab on the 20% that MC doesn't cover. That runs me another $87 bucks a month. With Veterans I don't see why... I'm sure someone will come up with a reason...They don't give the Vet a 100% coverage card and let them go anywhere they want. They'll get better care, quicker care, and the VA budget can be rolled over into the Medicare budget. Plus think of all the money saved buy having one agency instead of two?? My 2¢....

Don't you know there is no place for logic or common sense in gubermint.:rasberry:

Just makes no sense at all. I have never asked them for anything. But they keep wanting. I have to go back next week to see doc. No idea what for. They don't want to see you when you need them. Why should I jump thru their hoops when I don't?? OK back to the corner!!!

I served in the Marine Corp active duty from Dec 83 - Dec 87 in New River air station NC which is part of Camp Lejune and a few years ago I got a letter from the Corp that the water was poisoned but I could not be treated unless I came up with certain cancers or other ailments because I make to much money.... They knowingly poisoned me and I can't get medical from them unless I get certain cancers that is crazy....

Tom

I just got back from the Doctors office for the "Fickel Finger of Fate" everything is ok $45 copay. Yes, I'm a Vet. The gov. determined that I made too much for VA benefits so I got my own insurance. Now if my number comes up again to serve I'll tell too draft a gang member instead and we'll see how that works for them.

I just got back from the Doctors office for the "Fickel Finger of Fate" everything is ok $45 copay. Yes, I'm a Vet. The gov. determined that I made too much for VA benefits so I got my own insurance. Now if my number comes up again to serve I'll tell too draft a gang member instead and we'll see how that works for them.

Good One Bill!!!:usa::backinmyday: Hey how did ya get off so cheap?? My co-pay for office visit is 50 bucks!!!:backinmyday:

I do use drugs but it's the one the VA prescribes 19 different meds, a handful in the morning some more at noon and then another handful at night and then 2 more before I go to bed. My regiment day in and day out sux.

My son is the same way. USMC. With all the meds he's on it's a wonder he doesn't have a weight problem....

A friend of mine is with the VA....same situation...lots of drugs. Funny thing is (well..not so funny) that the docs can't decide what to keep him on. Each new doc says "what are you on this for?". Once told, he usually says no and changes to something else. Been this way for about 10 years now. I've been after him to get a second opinion but he's reluctant to buck the system.

Sad thing is, he probably doesn't need all of them....and would be much better off.

I qualify for VA but haven't entered into the medical system yet. Just don't like the way it's run.

...AND the real pisser is....retirees were supposed to get full medical, free for life. That was in exchange for offering up their lives to this country. But that went away quite a few years ago. And even the latest system is still fraught with issues.. Leave it to Congress to constantly screw things up.

At least now you can petition for a civilian DOc's opinion....and many vets are.

Many years ago, I was getting a routine physical and when it came time to check my prostate I said. "I guess now is when you earn your money." He responded. "No, Now is when you get your money's worth!" Had to laugh!

Many years ago, I was getting a routine physical and when it came time to check my prostate I said. "I guess now is when you earn your money." He responded. "No, Now is when you get your money's worth!" Had to laugh!

I also made that comment to a female doctor and she said " Now is not a good time to be kidding with your Doctor".:doh:

Hey, I just got home from camping for five days and I have a question for you Dan. You mentioned driving for 150 miles and I want to ask do you turn in your mileage? I don't get to charge mileage as I only live about three miles from from the VA.

Yes, as mentioned, a urine analysis can provide a lot of information, as do a blood test, so don't automatically assume it was a wasted trip.

Randy

Yah!! I get paid almost thirty bucks each time I go to the VA in Buffalo (about 40 miles) and almost ten bucks to go to the clinic in Springville (less than 15 miles). Keep in mind they pay you for round trip too!! For Buffalo they give me the equivalent of a tank of gas and I use up less than 1/4 tank...

I ain't doing the paperwork. You know how I feel about it. But I got to go again Mon. I'm gonna give her a piece of my mind. She ain't bad looking and I been watching Donald a Lot!! :usa::backinmyday::mugshot:

Ummm Ummm You think your Warden is bad that might end you up with the kind of Warden you don't want around!!!:rotf: