IGNORED

Biker Gang tried to help

Freebird

As we sat in a parking lot yesterday trying to find a tire for my bike, this motorcycle gang pulled in. A little scary but they turned out to be very nice people and even gave us some numbers to call in our search for the tire. They did have some nice bikes though.

IMG_0013.JPG IMG_0014.jpg IMG_0015.jpg IMG_0016.jpg IMG_0017.jpg

I had an old Cushman Eagle when I was 14. Two speed gearbox with clutch pedal, but you only needed it to change gears. It had a centrifugal clutch that released when idling. I don't remember the horsepower, but I think it was around 8! It brings back memories, I wish I still had it. :biker:

I ran into a couple of those guys a couple of years ago just outside Springfield Illinois. They were having a "convention". Their bikes, like those in your pictures, were not your daddy's Cushmans. Theirs were beefed up...they said they would do 95...that has to be a bit scary on a scooter of that size.

60 was scary on my 2013 Tao Tao Powermax it was 150cc if I was going down hill I could top 75 but man was it Top heavy a gust of wind made you feel like you was going straight off the road. So I could just imagine trying to do 80 on something of that size.

Top Heavy as meaning me sitting on top of it.

Some of these were pretty much stock with the original motors but if you look carefully you will see that some have been beefed up with newer and more powerful ones. The nice red one in the second picture is one example. It has a V-Twin Briggs engine. Not sure about the HP on that one but one guy spoke of having 35 HP. That's a lot for those scooters. He said that the record top speed in their club is just over 100 MPH. Several of these had the V-Twins.

Edited by Freebird

Some of these were pretty much stock with the original motors but if you look carefully you will see that some have been beefed up with newer and more powerful ones. The nice read one in the second picture is one example. It has a V-Twin Briggs engine. Not sure about the HP on that one but one guy spoke of having 35 HP. That's a lot for those scooters. He said that the record top speed in their club is just over 100 MPH. Several of these had the V-Twins.

I fell in with a convention of Cushman riders while riding in North Georgia several years ago. There were over a hundred and some of them were pretty done up. What was fun was riding in the pact of them on the Venture. Sometimes it's fun to stand out in a crowd.:moped::moped::moped::twing::moped::moped:

The same club came thru North Texas Friday, about 30 bikes. They were from all over. There was a red bagger and a blue one that were husband and wife, he did all the metal work and paint himself. Also a trike

Cushman 1.jpg

Cushman 2.jpg

Cushman 3.jpg

Cushman 4.jpg