IGNORED

Topless

dacheedah

Never mind. Carry on how you please. I was willing to consider that perhaps Jamsie was just having a bad day or something but then I looked at his profile and saw that he had changed most of his profile fields to simply say insulting things about Americans in general. He apparently has issues with us so I hope that I made him happier when I banned him from the site. I try to be as tolerant as I can but there are certain things that I have little patience for. I'm sorry if he was a close friend to any of you.

As long as he didn't make derogatory comments about us Canucks... We do share the Queen with him.

From previous discussions (including guns and politics), civil discussions have been allowed to play out. His final comment was not called for.

Getting back to the subject of the thread...I don't think this forum is the place for car discussions but I'm fine with going with the majority. I'm not going to have a hissy fit if a sections appears. I mean....we allow Goldwing and Harley posts so can't be worse than that (but where does it end?)

He simply said "Americans". He didn't specify North Americans, Central Americans, South Americans, etc. :) I think he must have been talking about you. :rasberry:

Oh...and typically we do NOT allow topics about politics, religion, guns and etc. play out. They usually get nipped pretty quickly.

Good lookin' Skylark! Am I looking at the basis for your screen name?

Heather

If it keeps our members here longer I don't see why not. If you have no interest in that sub-forum nothing is making you look at it.

At some point all of us will have to make that life changing decision to give up riding. To also give up the camaraderie AND friendships developed here would make that decision even harder.

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160904/f08ce416957d6719154a73e16d983bf8.jpg

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

WOW!! He got banned!! That hasn't happened in a long while! He seemed pretty much OK the few times he was in chat but hey, ya never know! Darn his profile got wiped out, can't read the juicy stuff!!

Just goes to show, ya never know WHERE even the most simple thread will end up!! See what ya started Dacheedah?!!?

This is as much a social club or even family as a bike forum.

We discuss all sorts of things so if members want to have a place to discuss topless cars have at it.

The Watering hole is still the main "social" spot.

I know I would hate to lose the experience you OLD GUYS have.:stickpoke:

I owned two of those Spitfires back in the late 80's. Bought them both at the same time. One had a hole in the block and the other had a bad leaf string on the rear. Got them both going again and planned to keep one but ended up selling them both. They were fun cars. I don't remember the years but I THINK that one was a '79 and the other maybe a '78. I know they were a year apart. A young lady came and looked at them and decided that she wanted the red one and I was glad because I liked the white one. Then she could get the money and I sold it to somebody else. She later came up with the money and came back and talked me into selling her the other one.

First of all, it is a Gran Sport ie. GS400 and yes that is where my screen name comes from.

Thank you for the compliment on the car. [emoji106]

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Congratulations and Love the car. I had this one back in 1975. It is a 1972 Buick GS Stage 1 (455) It said Buick Skylark on the ownership so I insured it cheaper by not telling the insurance it was a GS. One year later on renewal the company asked me if it was a GS. Could not lie. So much for the cheap insurance. lol

Only wish it was a ragtop like yours.

1972-buick-gs-455-stage-1-coupe-rhd.jpg

Never mind. Carry on how you please. I was willing to consider that perhaps Jamsie was just having a bad day or something but then I looked at his profile and saw that he had changed most of his profile fields to simply say insulting things about Americans in general. He apparently has issues with us so I hope that I made him happier when I banned him from the site. I try to be as tolerant as I can but there are certain things that I have little patience for. I'm sorry if he was a close friend to any of you.
Boss you have that right and I'm sure most of us agree.

Holly C*&?&, I was not paying attention to this thread so I missed all the fun. (Oups, just touched the religion and politics with that one...sorry! :whistling::whistling:)

For what its worth, when I signed up for the site it was solely for getting access to the expertise of folks who were riding the same wonderful bike I had just purchased. I certainly got that, but I quickly realized that there was a true sense of fellowship and camaraderie between the members - especially the founding or long term ones. Although I can never aspire to get into that inner circle, I respect it and truly enjoy reading the different perspectives on a variety of topics. Yes, some are not motorcycle related, but I have the option of following those threads or not and it does not take away from the experience offered by this site.

Enjoy!

:group cheers: