IGNORED

Looks like I am starting a new life adventure

M61A1MECH

After being laid off the first part of April and not getting any real prospects for a job in the surrounding 75 mile radius, I decided to go to Real Estate school and learn what it takes to be a Sales Associate.

Passed my class exam yesterday and my state exam today, so now I just need to find a Real Estate Broker willing to take me on and activate my license.

This is a complete 180 turn from what I have always done, so I am excited to get started on my new path.

That sounds interesting for certain. I can "punch out" at my election but after so many years of fixing what's broken to get aircraft around the country, I don't know what I'll do when retired. The "canned" answer is "whatever you want", but I don't know what that is.....

Thinking my wife and I will go on a long bike journey to try and figure it out.

Rob

After being laid off the first part of April and not getting any real prospects for a job in the surrounding 75 mile radius, I decided to go to Real Estate school and learn what it takes to be a Sales Associate.

Passed my class exam yesterday and my state exam today, so now I just need to find a Real Estate Broker willing to take me on and activate my license.

This is a complete 180 turn from what I have always done, so I am excited to get started on my new path.

Steve,

I've been down that path and wish you the best of luck. I've spent my life in the real estate world in some capacity mostly in the management end. I've know many that have done well in sales. Like in any field the results are in proportion to your effort and you'll pay your dues before it starts paying off unless your extremely fortunate, lucky or good.

Thank you all for the well wishes and encouragement

After 3.5 months of job searching and not one interview :bang head:, yesterday after calling two local real estate brokers, I have two interviews on Monday.

Now I am really excited about this decision. :happy65:

Thank you all for the well wishes and encouragement

After 3.5 months of job searching and not one interview :bang head:, yesterday after calling two local real estate brokers, I have two interviews on Monday.

Now I am really excited about this decision. :happy65:

Best of luck to ya. A career change can be very exciting indeed.

I did a 180 a few years ago in sort of the same situation. Industrial sales, downsized from one place, let go from another and couldn't find anything else. I went to truck school and drive for a living now and really enjoy it. Only drawback is that I work much harder for my money now, but I also have much less stress in my life.

Career changes can be very successful, depends on what you want and the effort you put in.