IGNORED

Need some help

Marcarl

As most of you know our shop burnt down in December. It's been a sharp upward learning curve for us meat processors, to get into the building industry, new rules, mixed up rules, rules that don't make any sense, engineers (need I say more?). Lots of fun!

And then there comes another hitch. In order for us to comply with the new provincial regulations we need to expand our shop to almost twice it's size. The county approved the plans, the province says it looks good, but our neighbour has some legal complaints and so is intending to take this issue to the Ontario Municipal Board. This could take up to 6 months.

Today at 3 pm we meet with him, his lawyer, the county zoning dept, our lawyer, a county councilor, and who knows who else might be in attendance. Hopefully this meeting will settle things away, but I really think that it will take a super change of mind on the part of our neighbor.

With that we would like to have your input.

Do what you can, when you can, I'll let you know how well mental Guidance works out.

Thanks

Carl

Hope things work out. My experience with zoning issues or things like this tells me that it is important to have open communications and to not get confrontational (even when the other guy does!). If all remain calm and focus on the issues (make a valiant effort to address issues and concerns that are reasonable) you should get resolution. Good luck with it!

May I say this?

TOO MUCH governmental processes and rules to go thru! They THINK they know more than we in the particular industry they are governing have. NO WAY. They don't live in it everyday!

I am a licensed master electrician here in Indy, have gone thru this for a few decades. It has gotten worse in the last decade as there are too many who want to live off of us taxpayers by being paid by the government to handle the way WE live.

Unfortunately, if that "neighbor" has a "problem" with your paint scheme or building look, we have to change it instead of them just putting up with it or MOVING SOMEWHERE ELSE!

Why/how have we got to the point where others control us?

OK, I'll stop b**ching now...

Wishing for the best, but if that does not work out, tell him you have an alternative business plan that will be to open a R&D test facility to develop performance motorcycle exhaust systems which will include an outdoor test track. :bikersmilie:
:crackup::crackup::crackup::crackup::crackup:

ya know,, for a quite - shy - gentle - Hot Dog lovin - always smiling varmint - that Raggy sure has his moments :rotf::rotf::guitarist 2::guitarist 2:

Reminds me of a time when my girls were no taller than field corn on the forth of July.. We were all laying around the house watching "Little House On The Prairie" = their favorite show.. There was a real naughty girl named "Nellie Olsen" in the show who was constantly being mean to Laura and Mary Engles.. One day karma struck and Nellie got pay back from a school mate - Laura and Mary saw it happen and as Mary watched it all unfold she said "I could never do something that naughty no matter how mean Nellie is"... I will NEVER forget hearing my second born say the retort words that Laura spoke at the exact same time that Laura stated them = "I could" :confused24:,,:think:,, :rotf::rotf:,,:no-no-no: :missingtooth: