IGNORED

New Venture

Birdman2010

Alright, SOMEONE has to know!!! Are we going to get a new RSV or do I have to settle for an FJR? I loved my old RSV, but I really want ABS and NO CASSETTE DECK!!!!!

Someone has to know!!! Do I wait for the new RSV? Is it really "around the corner"???? I have attached a spy photo, so I know that Yamaha has the new RSV on the drawing board... Does anyone have an answer for me??

New Royal Star Venture.jpg

Edited by Birdman2010

I have my new Venture. Looks sort of similar to the one you have in the picture.

That is a beautiful bike! I demo'ed the Victory Cross Country Tour and loved it. The only thing that I do not like is the price and the "KLANK!!!" every time I shift gears. If the gear shifting was smoother, I might be able to get over the price. Can you imagine a Victory CCT with an "Assist & Slipper" clutch like the FJR? Sign me up!

Looked at Goldwing and was not the bike for me. The dealer called me a few weeks ago and asked what I was thinking, told him that I'm waiting for the 3rd gen but started to laugh. Don't see it coming, the market is shrinking. Meaning the old guy willing to shell out $30k is just not there. Gen X is typically 1 income family and there is not a whole lot left after that and don't even get me started on the Millennials.

That is a beautiful bike! I demo'ed the Victory Cross Country Tour and loved it. The only thing that I do not like is the price and the "KLANK!!!" every time I shift gears. If the gear shifting was smoother, I might be able to get over the price. Can you imagine a Victory CCT with an "Assist & Slipper" clutch like the FJR? Sign me up!

The positive sound of my Victory really dont sound much louder than m RSV going into first. Anything above that if your in the right RPM range I really dont notice any difference. Down shifts a bit more. But I guess I'm getting use to it. The cable clutch is a bit hard to get use to. some install an aftermarket hyd kit, I added what they call an "ez pull" arm to mine.

All the manufactures seem to be targeting the younger crowd and under 15-20k range. Payments my friends is what the praise. Look at all the adverts. Victory sends stuff out all the time something about "ride one for $5 a day" Same with cars, most of those prices the spurt out on the commercials are lease and you give the car back to them in 36 months and your either walking or lease another. Harley just came out with another smaller displacement bike under 1000 cc. SO who do you think they are going after? The Bolt, Suzuki seems to be stuck in a time warp adventure bikes seems to be where they are focused. Harley has at least 4 or 5 bikes now under 10k. Unheard of 4 or 5 years ago except a sporty. Sorry to run on.

I gave up waiting for Mom Yam, snuck in and snatched the only 3rd Gen Prototype they had.... Really really cool scoot - almost like Mom had been reading in our 3rd Gen wish list section,,, got a fixed fairing - Center Stand - no cassette player - zerks on the neck/swingarm - braided hoses and all that high end stuff,,,,, much faster then the 2nd Gens too :big-grin-emoticon:

DSCN2695.JPG

I know a person that is with Star Riding Group and said that they received a letter from Yamaha That there were pulling the Star name bikes back to Yamaha and they are testing a NEW Long distance Cruiser right now. So MAYBE we will see and new venture but I bet it will be water cooled twin 1900 or bigger. Keep your fingers crossed one might be on the way

I gave up waiting for Mom Yam, snuck in and snatched the only 3rd Gen Prototype they had.... Really really cool scoot - almost like Mom had been reading in our 3rd Gen wish list section,,, got a fixed fairing - Center Stand - no cassette player - zerks on the neck/swingarm - braided hoses and all that high end stuff,,,,, much faster then the 2nd Gens too :big-grin-emoticon:

What kind of bike is that? I should know, but I can't make out the brand/model.

Yep!! That will do it!!!:banana::Avatars_Gee_George::mugshot:

Its a Yamaha XVZ12 Birdy..

Gen1 RSV -- I should have picked that up! You pulled the Yamaha name off the fairing.

Anyway, I need ABS. I've had a few close calls. One time, I almost ran over my buddy on his BMW R1150RT. He stopped very fast out of the blue. I still don't know why he stopped so fast and I do not believe that he knows that I almost ran him over! I decided then and there that all my bikes will have ABS. I sold my 2006 RSV and I bought a 2005 ST1300P with ABS. I really miss my RSV. I put 34,000 miles on it in just one and a half years. I rode it to visit family in CA many times. I rode it to Yosemite. I rode it to Sturgis (from Anthem, AZ). It was such a great ride! I'm waiting for the new RSV. Hopefully, it will have ABS. If I give up waiting or if the new RSV does not have ABS, I will buy a Yamaha FJR or Victory Cross Country Tour. The FJR is more sporty for the mountain roads and a lot cheaper, but the Victory CCT is more comfortable like my old Venture. I wish that I could afford a garage full of bikes!